Powered by Outside

___~~~Bike and Part Reviews~~~__

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
___~~~Bike and Part Reviews~~~__
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
i liked your review of your bike untill this last section that made it apparent that this thread was just made as another platform to try and sell your bike.

dhrunner wrote:
2007 Yeti 303

Overall I would give it a 9.5/10- The bike is excellent. If you can find one out there in extremely good condition and as inexpensive as the one I am selling, then it's the best you can get for the money. I love the bike. In made me into alot better of a rider. Although its more to maintain, It's worth every penny. Podium finish guaranteed.

I probably missed some things to write about as I'm multi taskign this and a Shakespeare essay. I'll look over it later and better it.

Yeah I see what you mean. Sorry I unintentionally made it seem like that.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
its fun to see people not caring about my review. snif snif Cry Cry Cry Cry

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
its fun to see people not caring about my review. snif snif Cry Cry Cry Cry
no one cared about mine, but now that i think about it, this is a worthless thread, want a review, go to mtbr.com, and if they dont have one, search google or search the forum here. and if you still dont find anything, just ask.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
i liked your review of your bike untill this last section that made it apparent that this thread was just made as another platform to try and sell your bike.

dhrunner wrote:
2007 Yeti 303

Overall I would give it a 9.5/10- The bike is excellent. If you can find one out there in extremely good condition and as inexpensive as the one I am selling, then it's the best you can get for the money. I love the bike. In made me into alot better of a rider. Although its more to maintain, It's worth every penny. Podium finish guaranteed.

I probably missed some things to write about as I'm multi taskign this and a Shakespeare essay. I'll look over it later and better it.

lol is it romeo and juliet. cuz i had to do that in grade 10

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
review on fox 40?
what year?

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
erik74 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
review on fox 40?
what year?

any really. just overall review. recent year(s)

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
erik74 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
review on fox 40?
what year?

here
here
and here

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
erik74 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
erik74 wrote:

what year?

here
here
and here

thanks thanks and thanks.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
erik74 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

here
here
and here

np, np, and np Razz mtbr.com has lots of reviews, you can submit some too if you like.

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
erik74 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
erik74 wrote:

here
here
and here

np, np, and np Razz mtbr.com has lots of reviews, you can submit some too if you like.

already have.
looks like the 07 boxxer gets better reviews than a 40. i have a choice to get either or.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
bougs wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

dhrunner wrote:
2007 Yeti 303

lol is it romeo and juliet. cuz i had to do that in grade 10

Right on bougs.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
Here is my review of my 2008 Kona Stinky.

The Kona Stinky is my first true DH/FR bike and it is amazing for that purpose. I honestly can't imagine what riding a bike like a V10 is like after riding my Stinky. Coming from a hardtail, the feel of full sus is amazing and it feels soooooo smooth, even though Kona's are supposed to be shit. So here is the actual review:

Frame:
The frame of the bike has dialed geo for my riding. It feels balanced and stable, yet is flickable and playful in the air. On the trails small bumps and roots are still noticeable, but it is smooth enough that you don't have to pay attention to them. With a better shock I would assume greater performance could be achieved. Through corners the bike feels a little long, as it has a 47 inch wheelbase according to my measurements. One thing I noticed was that over rough sections the bike doesn't carry speed as well as it could due to the axle path that plagues all faux-bar frames. A floating brake is available for this bike, but I do not plan on buying it since I'm a rider who just tends to let the bike flow through rough sections and brake in smoother spots if needed, because I've found that braking in rough sections usually leads to loss of flow and possibly a crash.

Fork:
The Marzocchi 66 specced on this bike is one major area for improvement. Even with the compression turned all the way down, the fork still lacks small bump absorption. Over bigger hits, it is spectacular, but Marzo really needs to step up their small bump performance. The 66 is a big hit freeride fork, but regardless it still should perform better.

Specs:
In short, the specs of this bike are great for the money. The Hayes Stroker Trail brakes have more than enough power for my 5' 9" 130lb body, and the LX rear deraileur coupled with the Deore shifter keep the shifts nice and clean, although I wonder why Kona didn't put a single ring system with a chainguide up front. I have had no problems with any of the cockpit parts yet, and the bars are the perfect width for me. Suffice it to say that the wheels are going to need constant truing though.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, the bike makes an amazing first rig. The specs are good enough to keep the average young DH/FRer happy, yet there is plenty of room for upgrades in the future. No other bike on the market compares to the Stinky when it comes to the most bang for your buck. As for those who ride 35lb Session 88's, man up and grow some muscle. The 43lb stinky is a piece of cake to ride.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
Oh shit. Ignore everything I just said about the 66. It feels like butter now. All I did was fill both air chambers to 100psi, ride is like that for a while, and then let all the air out except for the air that I needed. Sooooooooooooooo smooth now.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 23:14 Quote
hope pro 2 ss: they just keep rolling and rolling, you wont be disappointed in these hubs. the allen bolts are a great idea for adjusting chin tension on the go without having to carry around a ratchet with you, with a multi tool you can get all the leverage you need to tighten them, and even under heavy loads from hard pedalling they stay there. these are also the best sounding hub ive ever come across, and the hub engages pretty quickly too and i cant really fault them yet which is a record for me

2008 marzocchi dj1: really under rated as a fork, its really plush and the adjusters are in a really good position, where unlike an argyle you can adjust the rebound without getting off the bike. the weight is also acceptable at about 2357, not bad at all considering this is as light as the argyle 409.
the only thing missing on this fork is a compression adjuster, but for the the spring is just right so it doesnt affect me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019077
Mobile Version of Website