Powered by Outside

New BMX Parts/BMX News

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
New BMX Parts/BMX News
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
Exactly, theres a large lack of material around the spindle hole thing. I think after I give it a few cranks, it would just shear right off.
I deffinatly agree there. It does look heavily machined out. Which is good to save weight, without loosing strength, but in this case, it looks like there wouldn't be any strength behind it.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
Since this is also BMX News and such, Metal is now being made in the same factory as WTP. It's somewhat old news, but some of you may have not read it...

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
wtf is the point of machining a sprocket to hell, its aluminum it already weighs nothing! my wtp sprocket which is 32t feels the same as my fit 25t, so wtf... sprocket weigh barely anything, should just make em stronger instead of machining the shiz outta them

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
dotca wrote:
Since this is also BMX News and such, Metal is now being made in the same factory as WTP. It's somewhat old news, but some of you may have not read it...
Metal bikes? or WTP is making their own materials? (I know I sound like an idiot)

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
dotca wrote:
Metal bikes? or WTP is making their own materials? (I know I sound like an idiot)

Metal Bikes, the one who Sean Burns is part owner of and sponsored by.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
dotca wrote:
Metal Bikes.
*Edit- Beaten to it.

So this means they're made in Taiwan now instead of the USA, right?

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
justin99 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
dotca wrote:
Metal Bikes.
*Edit- Beaten to it.

Yep, no more S&M help!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
iridefly-91 wrote:
wtf is the point of machining a sprocket to hell, its aluminum it already weighs nothing! my wtp sprocket which is 32t feels the same as my fit 25t, so wtf... sprocket weigh barely anything, should just make em stronger instead of machining the shiz outta them
There isn't one. It's just plain stupid.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
iridefly-91 wrote:
i have the eastern medusa and its crazy light and you can still gte lighter thats dumb i am fine with only spending 20 for a heavy chainwheel

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
dotca wrote:
justin99 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
Metal Bikes.
*Edit- Beaten to it.

Yep, no more S&M help!
Too bad. Did they switch for the money or did S&M decide to stop making frames and parts for them?

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
justin99 wrote:
dotca wrote:
justin99 wrote:

Metal Bikes.
*Edit- Beaten to it.

Yep, no more S&M help!
Too bad. Did they switch for the money or did S&M decide to stop making frames and parts for them?

I really do not know. There is a interview up somewhere on TCU and the metal site and such I think which explains some reason to as why they did.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
justin99 wrote:
dotca wrote:
justin99 wrote:

Metal Bikes.
*Edit- Beaten to it.

Yep, no more S&M help!

This also means they will be cheaper, according to Mr. Burns.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
He also said that they will be able to have a larger line of products. I think S&M was already really busy with Fit or something like that.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
statler wrote:
justin99 wrote:
dotca wrote:

Yep, no more S&M help!

This also means they will be cheaper, according to Mr. Burns.

they musta changed cuz itll be cheaper or somtin like that
EDIT: ah wtf idc about metal bikes, i thought we were talking about solid haha

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
Here's Fit's new softgoods for 2009.

Some kid shaved his horse with the Etnies logo. Kind of BMX related, ha ha. *Sorry, had to post it.*
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bmx.transworld.net/files/2009/02/03/100_0375.jpg
Snafu has new colours/designs for their Love seats.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bmx.transworld.net/files/2009/02/03/snafu-seats.599x485.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.766619
Mobile Version of Website