Powered by Outside

Anyone have any original Idea's?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Anyone have any original Idea's?
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:26 Quote
You guys are genious' i couldnt think of any of this stuff, and even spelt genious' wrong Razz

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:38 Quote
mitch1616 wrote:
eblackwell wrote:
What Movie is this for? oh and i don't know if it would work but you could make a loop to quarter, air the quarter and hit the loop again, it would be really hard but viewers would definetley be wowed by that.

Its for Pistin-n-broke's next movie CKD2 a segement is video of the day and it would be a wow thing but the loop scares me....

Your mitch chubey, nothing scares you

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
360 the jaw drop. then they will say "WOW that is sick"

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
how about a 270 berm where you gap off the end onto a landing at the back of the start of the berm

or

an inverted 270 berm thats sort like a loop and wallride mixed together

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 20:48 Quote
I have always thought about building wodden switch backs with drops between the berms if that makes any sence

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 20:59 Quote
make a fat bowl into the ground im talking about getting an excavartor and diggin like 20 feet in the ground and make a jump or drop into it so you drop in and go all the way to the bottom and then launch out of the other side onto a nice landing or something or maybe another bowl so its like you dissappear for a few seconds then you reappear, and gap into another bowl thing. it would be cool to cover the bowls with sheets of plywood then with dirt but have lights in them so you can see were youre going but in the vid it will be like a mole that can jump out of the ground.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 23:47 Quote
720 berm and you jump off the inner berm and land on the outside of the outer berm

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 9:59 Quote
mtbdarren wrote:
it would be cool to cover the bowls with sheets of plywood then with dirt but have lights in them so you can see were youre going but in the vid it will be like a mole that can jump out of the ground.

LMFAO!!!lol tup

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 9:10 Quote
photo

photo

Small Slider That I made. About 12 feet long. u could also use metal rails and wheels like a rollercoaster has.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:22 Quote
what about building like a wall ride but u would ride straight at it and onto it then it would flipover onto another bridge or something

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:51 Quote
ratherbeoutriding wrote:
what about building like a wall ride but u would ride straight at it and onto it then it would flipover onto another bridge or something

That would look cool, but the physics of it don't work so well. Essentially that's just an ultra-steep teeter, but you can't get your center of mass past the balance point. You would somehow have to have an enormous amount of rotational inertia upon hitting the wallride (think front flip attempt), but this would push you off the wall.

So, a near-vertical wallride would only work if the wall had essentially zero mass and zero force restoring it to the original postion AND the rider entered the stunt with considerable forward rotation.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 19:44 Quote
-rmr- wrote:
ratherbeoutriding wrote:

That would look cool, but the physics of it don't work so well. Essentially that's just an ultra-steep teeter, but you can't get your center of mass past the balance point. You would somehow have to have an enormous amount of rotational inertia upon hitting the wallride (think front flip attempt), but this would push you off the wall.

So, a near-vertical wallride would only work if the wall had essentially zero mass and zero force restoring it to the original postion AND the rider entered the stunt with considerable forward rotation.

Whoa, smart fella here.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:47 Quote
dotca wrote:
-rmr- wrote:
ratherbeoutriding wrote:

Whoa, smart fella here.
My guess is we've barely scrapped the surface Razz

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 22:59 Quote
who says it has to have the fulcrum in the middle? i'm building off this sweet idea from a snowboard mag a few years back (get a bunch of wooden pallettes and set them up like dominos and then ride on top of them as they all fall down....) if you set the wall with the hinge at the bottom then if you hit it, the board or "wall" would tip over just fine. however it would just be like knocking over a garbage can at this point and would probably lose the "cool" factor... just my two cents...

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:48 Quote
I wanna see someone pull one of the hardest BMX tricks in the book off a HUCK! The "DECADE-AIR"

for those of you who don't know this trick see here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7751355098921603479&q=decade-air&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027690
Mobile Version of Website