Powered by Outside

Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's

PB Forum :: USA - West
Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 8:18 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
well ummm seee heres the thing.

the UK actually invented everything you have ever used.

Your bike, TV, laws of physics and gravity, the light bulb, electricity, Iron and most metals - all invented in the UK!

so ha!

The light bulb is a rather touchy one to claim but i think we did it Razz
We did mostly everything else at the time and we even got the Americans to have a tea party ! lol how much can you brag :p

I can see why canada, american and australia became independant and thats because of the fact that we have shitty riding spots and we'd of claimed them under our empire. Our empire that more or less sucks balls.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 8:24 Quote
jallan wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

Your bike, TV, laws of physics and gravity, the light bulb, electricity, Iron and most metals - all invented in the UK!

so ha!

We did mostly everything else at the time and we even got the Americans to have a tea party ! lol how much can you brag :p

I can see why canada, american and australia became independant and thats because of the fact that we have shitty riding spots and we'd of claimed them under our empire. Our empire that more or less sucks balls.

less dissing the empire! The entire british empire was built on tea! haha
ah man we seriously sold all the riding spots in the uk at one point or another.
sold them for polish people and fish and chip shops methinks

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 8:28 Quote
jallan wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

so ha!

Uhhh we discovered america and nearly everywhere else in the world. And our Empire was alright till we gave it all away and got left with that sheep infested place called the falklands that we cant seem to keep for too long! I swear someone needs to come along and take the whole bloody thing back!(Oh and im british i just live in the UAE!)

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 8:30 Quote
yeah, we used to own a whole bunch of places!
and we never got invaded either

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 8:58 Quote
" Uhhh we discovered america and nearly everywhere else in the world. And our Empire was alright till we gave it all away and got left with that sheep infested place called the falklands that we cant seem to keep for too long! I swear someone needs to come along and take the whole bloody thing back!(Oh and im british i just live in the UAE!)"

Hmmmmmmm.....the Commonwealth did not discover the New Americas. Back to the books for you! Whip

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:03 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
" Uhhh we discovered america and nearly everywhere else in the world. And our Empire was alright till we gave it all away and got left with that sheep infested place called the falklands that we cant seem to keep for too long! I swear someone needs to come along and take the whole bloody thing back!(Oh and im british i just live in the UAE!)"

Hmmmmmmm.....the Commonwealth did not discover the New Americas. Back to the books for you! Whip

Taken from wikipedia itself "The nation was founded by thirteen colonies of Great Britain located along the Atlantic seaboard." Whip

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:04 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:

Ya, America, Brits, and Canadian were a good team in WWII and WWI. We are still kickin but today.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:30 Quote
silly topic

but-

DH UK, convicts and kiwis, and euros dominate. theres a surprising lack of decent north american riders
fr the north americans are good at freeriding and slopestyl stuff, lots of comps and really good riding over there, some euros shred too
trails-the uk dirt scene is def the best, so many good trails in a small place, euro and north americans more into big wheels for some reason, loads of good riders tho
xcevery one is good at xc, euros are prob the best
4x seems like a mix

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:36 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
silly topic

but-

DH UK, convicts and kiwis, and euros dominate. theres a surprising lack of decent north american riders
fr the north americans are good at freeriding and slopestyl stuff, lots of comps and really good riding over there, some euros shred too
trails-the uk dirt scene is def the best, so many good trails in a small place, euro and north americans more into big wheels for some reason, loads of good riders tho
4x seems like a mix
Go home you c*nt! Haha, sorry...I couldn't resist.Redface

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:44 Quote
coca wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
silly topic

but-

4x seems like a mix
Go home you c*nt! Haha, sorry...I couldn't resist.Redface

cheers man lol. i'll make sure i do when they discover the wherabouts of planet c*ntopia

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:54 Quote
AustinP wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

Ya, America, Brits, and Canadian were a good team in WWII and WWI. We are still kickin but today.

To be honest we're all like family... Slag each other off as much as we can but when it comes down to it we stand up for one another in a fight (war). Razz anyway

I think UK kind of sucks generally for all riding to be honest

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:54 Quote
UAERIDER wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:

Taken from wikipedia itself "The nation was founded by thirteen colonies of Great Britain located along the Atlantic seaboard." Whip

Well, we all know that if it is Wikipedia, it's gotta be true....just like everything on the internet.

The Commonwealth didn't "discover" America or the AMericas. The Vikings were in Newfoundland in Canada long before the English or Spanish. So, back to books...again. A small detail.

Kinda pointless debating it though, just like how this topic is kinda pointless.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:00 Quote
slish wrote:
UAERIDER wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:

Well, we all know that if it is Wikipedia, it's gotta be true....just like everything on the internet.

The Commonwealth didn't "discover" America or the AMericas. The Vikings were in Newfoundland in Canada long before the English or Spanish. So, back to books...again. A small detail.

true, it was discovered first by asian people, then by eric the red.

they guy who says the uk has no good riding is a fool. the best dirt in the world is in the uk, not so much dh or events though

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:06 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
slish wrote:
UAERIDER wrote:

they guy who says the uk has no good riding is a fool. the best dirt in the world is in the uk, not so much dh or events though

The best dirt, yes in specific places where it usually unbelievabley windy or too wet most of the time of the year, Also the fact that UK's land mass is significantly less than the other 3 nations then it shows that its almost definitely going to have less riding spots.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:27 Quote
jallan wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
slish wrote:

The best dirt, yes in specific places where it usually unbelievabley windy or too wet most of the time of the year, Also the fact that UK's land mass is significantly less than the other 3 nations then it shows that its almost definitely going to have less riding spots.

you obviously dont ride trails. the uk has the best private trails in the world. and there ARE lots of them, especially in the south east where i'm from, within an hour of me there are hundreds of sets of trails including some really good ones. and here in the uk the winters are warm ans the summers arnt too hot so the trails stay rideable actually for quite a while. larger land mass and sparcer population means more traveling to different dirt jumps

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016955
Mobile Version of Website