Hardtail Downhilling for a beginer?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Hardtail Downhilling for a beginer?
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
charge blender

you can get titanium but its soooo expensive!!

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
DMR Exalt, for my reasons previously stated. It wont let you down!

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
Naaronson wrote:
DMR Exalt, for my reasons previously stated. It wont let you down!
cant seem to find a build to buy i really dont have time to make my own at the moment.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
Yeah they dont do it as a complete bike, that's a great shame then, missing out on a top quality frame Frown Look used maybe? I can understand if you don't wanna buy used though.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
Naaronson wrote:
Yeah they dont do it as a complete bike, that's a great shame then, missing out on a top quality frame Frown Look used maybe? I can understand if you don't wanna buy used though.
I mean i would buy one if i found one at the right price and stuff i defo would buy it its just my dad doesnt particulaly like buying second hand bike's in his day he bought a road bike for £700 which was quite alot 10 years ago and it had a crack in the frame but if i could see it first i would buy it. but there are sometimes hidden con's like its stolen but yeah im up for a second hand one.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
Yeah I know what you mean, I got mine built up by my LBS and they did me a great deal on parts and labour, in total the bike cost me around £1100, and I didn't have to put it together myself.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
Naaronson wrote:
Yeah I know what you mean, I got mine built up by my LBS and they did me a great deal on parts and labour, in total the bike cost me around £1100, and I didn't have to put it together myself.
i can put a bike together just my first bike was £250 and the frame for the DMR EXalt is that much. plus im 12 i cant really afford £1000

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
Try really hunting around for the frame mate, I got mine for £150. I appreciate the lack of money, I was in the same position as you, but I spent a while on a Saracen Mantra (pos) and rode the shit out of it until it was so dead that it was better value to buy a new bike, and in the meantime I had saved enough money for my Exalt.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
I founf the 07 frame for £150 which is quite good but if i go into the 800 mark that means alot of saving and a bolluking from my dad even for thinking about that

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
Naaronson wrote:

Thats one of the best parts is putting it together yourself...

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
love riding dh on my hardtail relly fungreat to get started mine cost 550 bout 800 inc add ons

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
Naaronson wrote:

The annoying thing is, I really would have liked to build it myself, because then I would have put a piece of myself into it, and I would know how everything fits together, and what's there etc. However, I always seem to cock up any mechanical jobs I try and perform on my bike, so I thought seeing as it was the biggest job of all (building the whole bike inc. facing the BB, pressing the headset etc.) then I better leave it to the professionals Frown

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
go for the exalt!
You can still ride it when you're 18 Smile
P-bikes and Giant stps are good dirtbikes, but I wouldn't use them for downhill!!!

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
Naaronson wrote:
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
Naaronson wrote:

The annoying thing is, I really would have liked to build it myself, because then I would have put a piece of myself into it, and I would know how everything fits together, and what's there etc. However, I always seem to cock up any mechanical jobs I try and perform on my bike, so I thought seeing as it was the biggest job of all (building the whole bike inc. facing the BB, pressing the headset etc.) then I better leave it to the professionals Frown

You are totally right. Except for my first bike, I built up all my bikes.
They even got names: Helena and Berta Big Grin
I love them ;-)

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:50 Quote
i just bought a ss and hooked it up for dh 4x freeride its great

cowieuk wrote:
MclovinDownhill wrote:
can anyone reccomend a good bike? i dont mind ss but prefer geared Smile

2009 Giant STP 1
2008 Giant STP 0

EDIT: they come with DJ1's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033078
Mobile Version of Website