Light, cheap all-mountain hardtail

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Light, cheap all-mountain hardtail
O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
What year was yours?
Id like to know which year model would be best, theres an 07 hardrock for 275 used, hard to believe its a good all-mtn not an entry-level
i think it's an 07. that sounds like a pretty good deal

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:17 Quote
How serious is the pre-07 hardrock?
What about the 09 p1 AM?
Will either withstand ANY FR/DH

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 7:01 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
What about the 09 p1 AM?

for ur price range ur not gonna find a bike for all of them.... and when i say one for all of them, i mean a bike that do alright at all three..if u save up more.... u will see your options open up more...

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 7:38 Quote
well will they?

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
what about any of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xan5lTO8FHo

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
what about any of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xan5lTO8FHo

make its a fricken video...

EDIT: now that ive watched it.... if u notice alll of them are riding full sus bikes/dirt bike..... theres prob a reason for that.... save up buy a stinky

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 8:17 Quote
I have a 08 Haro Escape sport and its a good bike, handles everything pretty well and has held up good so far. You can do almost anything on it. My friend has an 07 Jamis Komodo 1.0 that has also held up good. Both bikes are about the same price and have similar specs. The Haro is a little lighter then the Jamis and has 20mm more travel. The Jamis has a tighter cockpit feel and has more jump/street aimed geometry. Both are good bikes but I would probably go with the Haro.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 8:20 Quote
NWray wrote:
EWT-13 wrote:
What about the 09 p1 AM?

for ur price range ur not gonna find a bike for all of them.... and when i say one for all of them, i mean a bike that do alright at all three..if u save up more.... u will see your options open up more...

I had an old Hardrock and it is more of a cross country bike. It is definitely on the heavier side for xc but I don't think it is what you are looking for.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
I looked at the komodo and the haro
komodo doesnt have good size for me

How much does your haro weigh?

O+
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 8:47 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
What about the 09 p1 AM?

the p1 am will prabably serve u better, not sure about downhill though. my hardrock is a great bike, but another one to look at is the norco wolverine. good bike, good fork, light, and looks good too. its around $600.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
I looked at the komodo and the haro
komodo doesnt have good size for me

How much does your haro weigh?
It's about 33 pounds, not light but it's a solid bike, I hate the grips though they tear your hands apart. Also the Komodo comes with better pedals so if you get the Escape I would change those too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020568
Mobile Version of Website