Powered by Outside

IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!
Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 0:03 Quote
So the Gusset plate I have on my 08 anno Shore is sure to stop any crack from developing hope i can find out before 2013 .I bought my Shore from lbs only a few months ago it was a re call replacment from someone else so do i only get a three year warranty. or is it 5 years from date bought?
I used to be one of those Norco,Kona,Rocky non believers know i own one.My other bike is a Scream which is a over built Kona fo-bar. I would not say no to a free Stab DH.
The Rocky mountain bike company has come along way with there Flatline . Now i have a baby so i will be buying one of these models until she is full grown.Then she will be riding my Shore when she is a teenager.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 23:24 Quote
The release from Norco says ABUSIVE riding. See the problem with producing Bikes is people will go beyond "reasonable" and expect the frame to hold up. People expect to do drops to flat for 5 years and not have the frame snap. Stupid, but common sence is not so common. The bike is fine. Hit your big doubles, drops to trannies what ever. JUST BE SMOOTH, it's ALUMINIUM it won't last forever. 5 years is a good life expency for an Alu frame. After 5 years sell it to some sucker or what ever but it's time for the frame to go IF you ride it hard. In this case Norco has made a frame that won't stand up to hacks and butchers or the just plain mentally slow, and now are paying for it.[/Quote]

I just snapped my Shore rear seat stay couple of inches above brake mount. I only rode this bike for 8 days , and it was smooth no bottoming or missing any trannie. . I was just getting used to it liked it alot until it cut my day short .

I am now questioning the name Shore they say it is North shore proven and a worthy Whistler bike but it may be in the same catigory as the Nomad .Good for pedally fun but nothing to hairy. What is this its like riding with a parental guidance rating on your frame .

Our product is a burly freeride bike but don,t hammer on it cause our desighn and welds fatigue. Is that a good thing to believe dont do ten foot drops. the bike is restricted to a certain level.Dont push your limits on something that is not up to the task .Reminds me of another bike co that my friends 120 lb gf broke .
Is it bad to ride hard and be frowned upon for doing so .This is not a timid sport and the more you charge the easier it is. If you are aggressive you can power through terrain un imaginable.
Lots of times you feel under gunned on single crown,When everyone else is on a bigger bike. That shore does feel zesty and has a big bike feel.
We can count 9 frames i have fatigued some have no warranty .You name it i broke some heavy duty frames im 160 lbs, Peelers, Big hits, & Banshees.

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 14:21 Quote
your 40 and your POD is that 16 year old girl from the specialized team?

nice nice.

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 14:27 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Grave_digger.JPG

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 19:54 Quote
even the old alines? i have an 05

Mod
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 8:53 Quote
blackfeet50 wrote:

Read the first post.

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 9:25 Quote
almostwise wrote:
blackfeet50 wrote:

Read the first post.

i did, but it wasnt specific enough, it just says aline

Mod
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
blackfeet50 wrote:
almostwise wrote:
blackfeet50 wrote:

Read the first post.

2007 Team DH ‐ 2008 Team DH, ALine, ALine PE, Atomik, Shore 1‐2‐3 and
2009 Atomik

Sorry, but how is that not specific?

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 13:18 Quote
almostwise wrote:
blackfeet50 wrote:
almostwise wrote:

Read the first post.

2007 Team DH ‐ 2008 Team DH, ALine, ALine PE, Atomik, Shore 1‐2‐3 and
2009 Atomik

Sorry, but how is that not specific?

okay your not understanding my question..is there a recall on an aline in particular by year? like an 05, 06, or 07? or just all of em

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 13:35 Quote
2008 Team DH, ALine, ALine PE just the 2008 a line your 2005 is fine

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
kingfish666 wrote:
2008 Team DH, ALine, ALine PE just the 2008 a line your 2005 is fine

yay Big Grin

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 at 10:59 Quote
my 09 shore 2 begin to crack the is almost the same that the 08

Posted: May 22, 2011 at 7:57 Quote
mattpelley wrote:
BigCityRollin wrote:
mattpelley wrote:
pfft. thats a norco for ya
Atleast they tell you, unlike kona... oh wait you ride a Kona
nope. in my pic its clearly a specialized p.1

Thats a shame....

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 16:39 Quote
I was in a bike shop not too long ago, and finding a shop that carries norco around me is rare. I asked a few of the guys who work there and they said, they said something to the extent of "After working on a few, there a lot of things Norco could have done better frame wise" Now I have never had the chance to ride one but that is never a good sign.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034980
Mobile Version of Website