Powered by Outside

P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?

PB Forum :: Specialized
P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
^^ Or buy a P.1?
color option. but if you ss a p2 upon purchase they generaly leave the 9 speed chain and the 15,16, or 17 tooth cog on the back right from the cassette. so it will skip and drop way more chains than if you buy the p1. my friends bought his p2 and had the shop ss it and it was sooo horible. he has tons of gashes on his ankles, knee and leg in general from pedaling really fast and droping his chain. funny as hell but he didn't think so.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
besoshort wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
^^ Or buy a P.1?
color option. but if you ss a p2 upon purchase they generaly leave the 9 speed chain and the 15,16, or 17 tooth cog on the back right from the cassette. so it will skip and drop way more chains than if you buy the p1. my friends bought his p2 and had the shop ss it and it was sooo horible. he has tons of gashes on his ankles, knee and leg in general from pedaling really fast and droping his chain. funny as hell but he didn't think so.

Sounds like the shop f*cked up.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
i ss'd my 2008 alu p2 for a while and never had that problem in 2 weeks of riding...

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 4:30 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
i ss'd my 2008 alu p2 for a while and never had that problem in 2 weeks of riding...

The operative phrase being you single speed'd it.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
which probably means whoever at the bike shop did it obviously screwed up?

btw, p2s come with 8 speed chains, being an 8 speed drivetrain (no p series has 9 speed).
also, i used the cassette and 8 speed chain as well, and left the chainguide on when i ss'd it (i only wanted it singlespeed temporarily). when it's done properly, there shouldn't be any problems using that configuration - it's just less clean, heavier (than a dedicated SS setup), and the chain's going to be less durable than a bmx chain.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
which probably means whoever at the bike shop did it obviously screwed up?

btw, p2s come with 8 speed chains, being an 8 speed drivetrain (no p series has 9 speed).
also, i used the cassette and 8 speed chain as well, and left the chainguide on when i ss'd it (i only wanted it singlespeed temporarily). when it's done properly, there shouldn't be any problems using that configuration - it's just less clean, heavier (than a dedicated SS setup), and the chain's going to be less durable than a bmx chain.
ok i don't study bikes like i used to. i just don't care about anything anymore. i don't even clean my own goddamn bikes anymore and i got friends askin me to put tubes in for them. A FUKING TUBE!!! and ya it probably was the shop. two of them to tell you the truth. a shop in vancouver and a shop in abbotsford. you think they would be able to get it right after two trys. oh well. who gives a shit anymore? NOT ME!!!

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
lol chill dude...

anyway, did the OP end up buying a p2?

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
just ordered a p2 crmo it will be here on friday, il let you know how it rides.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
i got a o6 aswell they own

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
i have an 08 p2 cromo and i love it it ride suuuuppper smooth and it tackles street pretty good, but creamsoda is right it is kinda heavy and its pretty beffy, thats wht im turning it into a hardtail freeride bike:P but if your starting out its an alright choice( if your a weight weenie when you start riding) but all it comes down to is personal preference

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
yeah i got a 2008 specialized p.2 cr-mo about 2 weeks ago,
and bent the f*ck out of the back rim within 2 hours LOL, i have snapped the chain, one of the teeth on the disc in bent and the crank keeps skipping a tooth because of that Really Mad
not too happy with the bike, but it looooks mental Beer yyyeeeeeee

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
lewisspesh wrote:
and bent the f*ck out of the back rim within 2 hours LOL, i have snapped the chain, one of the teeth on the disc in bent and the crank keeps skipping a tooth because of that Really Mad

yeah i done the same with the wheels so i straightened them and sold them on ebay to go towards my halo sas's, part from that my p2 runs smooth as a smooth thingy. also i changed the cranks as they ar poor too,

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
man i did the same i snapped my rear rim so i got new ones and i cracked the stock cranks so i got new ones too lol so now im rockin holzfellers and doubletracks:P

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 1:05 Quote
thornton12 wrote:
lewisspesh wrote:

yeah i done the same with the wheels so i straightened them and sold them on ebay to go towards my halo sas's, part from that my p2 runs smooth as a smooth thingy. also i changed the cranks as they ar poor too,

yeah i hate the rims on it,
there soft as shit hell,
chain always pops off too Really Mad

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.043069
Mobile Version of Website