Powered by Outside

Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:33 Quote
lexx wrote:
davidhigg wrote:
he is a retard
it just needed to be tightened like everyride for a week then a little locktight fixed the problem...didnt even come close to comming off. just became loose
lol no need to be so harsh! Everyone learns well from experiance just telling people doesn't always work sadly Frown .
also did he mean come off like the pivots got loose or did he mean come off like snap off

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
lexx wrote:
davidhigg wrote:
he is a retard
it just needed to be tightened like everyride for a week then a little locktight fixed the problem...didnt even come close to comming off. just became loose
lol no need to be so harsh! Everyone learns well from experiance just telling people doesn't always work sadly Frown .
also did he mean come off like the pivots got loose or did he mean come off like snap off
hah prob shouldnt have called him a retard but he is my friend so its not a big deal and he ment pivots comming loose

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
yea i also wondered that, but i've never heard of something like that happening to a glory. I've only seen a picture of a snapped seat tube and read someone snapped their headtube (mega case).

edit: dam my computer is slow

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
davidhigg wrote:
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
lexx wrote:

hah prob shouldnt have called him a retard but he is my friend so its not a big deal and he ment pivots comming loose
lol oh ok

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 0:51 Quote
RZ-Jacks wrote:
beerismycopilot wrote:
I have a shocker. Amazing ride, and looks the part. Also rode a glory a few years back for a couple of months and loved it. At the end of the day either of these bikes would be a great buy, personally I'd go with the cove based on the fact that glorys are common as muck (although that probably says something good about the bike).

so glad to hear this!

but you see I think I prefer to go with the most common and proven since this would be like my first 8+ suspension bike (I now have a 7point), so its a sure shot, while I'm in whistler I can try out the shocker and consider it for my next bike!

Oh and about the 2010 glory, I think it its looks aweful! it looks as if you rammed a IH Sunday into a wallRolleyes

I like this man. FYI, I too own a 7pt, my favourite all round steed.
It so happens that I own an 08 Glory DH0 as well, you are going to be very happy with one. Like any new bike though, I stripped it down, repacked the bearings with grease to make it last a long time before requiring a new set. One point that you must not over look is this: Loosen the stem ( it will probably need cutting anyway ), loosen the top triple clamp and drop the fork assembly down enough to get at the bottom steering head bearings. These are a ball and cup set up and require a bit extra service than the cartridge type, grease them up and reassemble, they will last then. A friend failed to do this and with the reduced amount of grease and some mud intrusion they rusted requiring replacement.

Hope this helps out a bit Smile

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
Thanks for the heads up man!! So bad I have to sell my 7point, such a nice bike!

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
RZ-Jacks wrote:
Thanks for the heads up man!! So bad I have to sell my 7point, such a nice bike!

Eek Cry

Your welcome tup

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 21:25 Quote
I would regret it more if it was the 2008 one, but I have the 2007 and I'm getting good money for it so... my sadness will be over once I ride a trail with my new GloryBig Grin (or so I hope)

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 1:47 Quote
RZ-Jacks wrote:
I would regret it more if it was the 2008 one, but I have the 2007 and I'm getting good money for it so... my sadness will be over once I ride a trail with my new GloryBig Grin (or so I hope)

Mine is an '08. Did they change something? Must admit, I love mine. Upgraded it with a DHX5.0 and some '08 DeeMax UST Fab

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 22:01 Quote
hey guys. what bike is better for a line and dirt merchent and gap jumps. shocker or glory?

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
hey guys. what bike is better for a line and dirt merchent and gap jumps. shocker or glory?
im just going to say the glory. read the postitive feedback about it every one posted, it non the less stand about all and destroys anything in its path.

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
shorty2 wrote:
i have heard about lots of people not liking the 2010 team and sending it back but thats just what i have heard i havent tryed them
Yeah i heard the teams arnt doing so well, someone i know just got the teams and the stenchions arnt even the same color.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
umm for that stuff I think you would want more of a freeride bike rather like the one you have now.....

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
cove std

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029697
Mobile Version of Website