PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The engineers forum.
Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 6:53 Quote
-1 year mechanical engineering student here Smile im keen

just fiddling around with leverage ratios atm for my brake Razz

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 7:18 Quote
I think I might be the only person here studying electrical engineering Cry

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 7:20 Quote
im doing enginerring when i go to college prematurely in september. (prematurely as im 14)

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 7:29 Quote
yea thats cos electrical engineering is poo Razz all you do is stare at oscilloscopes

college engineering isnt really engineering... i went to college when i was your age to do engineering and all we did was learn to use a file and how to solder Razz

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 7:30 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:
yea thats cos electrical engineering is poo Razz all you do is stare at oscilloscopes

college engineering isnt really engineering... i went to college when i was your age to do engineering and all we did was learn to use a file and how to solder Razz

im at a renound college, has its own enginerring block, should be sick, also a car worlshop, ACE.

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 7:34 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
jamiemaclean94 wrote:

im at a renound college, has its own enginerring block, should be sick, also a car worlshop, ACE.

yea i was at teh best college in the whole of aberdeen and aberdeenshire and it had its own engineering area probs about the area of two very big tescos and was quite af few floors. had its own car workshop in which you dismantled all the ruined cars out teh front and reassembled em. had about 70 lathes, mills, drills E.T.C in the mechanical block and the electrical part was like 6 storys high Razz

but then we were doing like an intro to engineering thing

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 7:45 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:

Where you going to do Mech Eng?

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 8:34 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
jamiemaclean94 wrote:

aberdeen or RGU :L didnt get the grades for strathclyde unfortunately

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 8:37 Quote
i going to be studying electrical engineering. Havent gotten to declare my major though. still only in first year engineering

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 8:43 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:
cowieuk wrote:
jamiemaclean94 wrote:

If you're at RGU you'll find us electrical guys come in useful when you have a group project to do Wink

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 8:44 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
jamiemaclean94 wrote:
cowieuk wrote:

If you're at RGU you'll find us electrical guys come in useful when you have a group project to do Wink

do you know myles gowen? he studied electrical there and graduated a few years ago....

which do you think is better aberdeen or RGU?

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 9:22 Quote
I don't know a Myles Gowen, sorry.

As I've never seen the Aberdeen engineering department I can't give you a balanced view but I'd recommend RGU.

RGU has a great employability rate. Engineering department is good as it has input from the industry and good facilities.

Regarding the teaching, one of the first modules I did required me to build a power supply (240V AC to 1-12V DC) then write a report and do a presentation on it.

My girlfriend who's doing chemical engineering (all engineering courses have the same 1st semester) at Aberdeen had an assignment where she was given the names of two engineers that lived in different times, then had to write 200 words on what they could have achieved if they had been able to work together.

I know which one of the above examples was more useful.

Timetabling and organisation are better at RGU.

My girlfriend use to go to RGU she didn't like the nutrition course she was doing and Aberdeen offers Chem Eng while RGU doesn't.

As my girlfriend just said to me:

'Aberdeen uni couldn't organise a children's tea party, well they could, but there would be no guests, no food and no tea.'

As I said, this view might be a bit biased but the organisation comments are from an Aberdeen uni student.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 12:01 Quote
im an aberdeen uni student and yes they dont know theyre arse from theyre elbow but the course is very good and relavent and cowieuk you in the rgu bike club you racing grantite city against us on ther 16th?

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 12:05 Quote
what sort of race is granite city?

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 12:06 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:
what sort of race is granite city?

DH race between the 2 uni clubs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028317
Mobile Version of Website