My new Intense 951. Comments please

PB Forum :: Downhill
My new Intense 951. Comments please
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
d-bax wrote:
dutchster wrote:
i would not run the chunder, or anything not dualply. got way more flats than usual with them.

throw on something else, then you can drop the DH tubes too and put in normal tubes.

i havent gotten a flat with my chunder for over 3 months... running low psi

+1

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 18:03 Quote
That obviously means its a good tire then, obviously.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
iggz wrote:

No, it means it doesnt get flats often, as some people stated.

And for myself, and dont really care about the rear tire, I pay way more attention to the front.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
iggz wrote:

im running a thin tube too... it must be a miracle because it survived 4 days of whistler and countless northstar days. beats me

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
d-bax wrote:
iggz wrote:

im running a thin tube too... it must be a miracle because it survived 4 days of whistler and countless northstar days. beats me

What rims are you running? This also takes an important role...

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
ivanfiestas wrote:
d-bax wrote:
iggz wrote:

its a specialized p- disc rim

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 21:42 Quote
d-bax wrote:
ivanfiestas wrote:
d-bax wrote:

its a specialized p- disc rim

I dont know that specific model, I guess it is good at avoiding pinch flats... I used to have a Sun Rim S-type long time ago, that rim was like a knife!

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
the rim i think has alot to do with it: i ran my chunders on 823's, and i did get more flats in general with these rims than my old doubletracks. i think the 823 is so superstiff that it dosent give at all (aka flatspot) and instead pinches the tube.

still i dont like chunders. the only reason i was running tubes with them on 823's is because i blew both of the tires off the rims landing a jump. NOT cool.
and they did pinch out more often than my minions and nevegals.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 21:48 Quote
I would just rock what you have planned, the cheaper (while reliable) the better. Getting lift ticket is worth way more then a few grams. Just upgrade parts when they go.

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 8:06 Quote
dutchster wrote:
the rim i think has alot to do with it: i ran my chunders on 823's, and i did get more flats in general with these rims than my old doubletracks. i think the 823 is so superstiff that it dosent give at all (aka flatspot) and instead pinches the tube.

still i dont like chunders. the only reason i was running tubes with them on 823's is because i blew both of the tires off the rims landing a jump. NOT cool.
and they did pinch out more often than my minions and nevegals.

that sucks, ive only had great experience with the chunders. ive had a 2.3 chunder up front for a while now and the tread is still at 50%. ive had to change the back twice in that time though

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
News. Just bought a Deemax Wheelset, and Kenda tires. New setup (excluding tires) looks like this:

photo

Still waiting for the frame though... Should arrive within two weeks... Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026207
Mobile Version of Website