Powered by Outside

YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 12:26 Quote
What do you guys think about the 2013 Tues 2.0 DH LTD WC with BOS suspension? I was really anticipating the announcement of this model, but I'm not sure if running BOS suspension is a good idea if I'm in the States. Apparently there's no service centers here at all. I'm slightly worried about something bad happening and me having to send the fork/shock back and forth from Europe for service. On the other hand they seem to be top notch components so is the trade-off worth it? I believe they require annual oil changes and a full service every 2 years, which might take forever and cost a pretty penny if I have to ship it overseas for that. And how likely is it that I would encounter other issues with the BOS outside regular maintenance? The bike is a steal considering the quality of the components, so I guess I could even sell off the BOS parts if I have trouble getting them serviced and replace them with Marz/Fox/Rockshox suspension later on.

What's your opinion, or am I over-thinking it?

Posted: Oct 12, 2012 at 10:48 Quote
MY YT is great they ride awesome Smile

Posted: Oct 27, 2012 at 10:47 Quote
Just got out on my 2013 Wicked 150 today for the first time and it is a weapon of a bike. I was riding on a local downhill track and it had no problem coping at all with the track. The back end is brilliant, really controlled and and it sucks up the roots and holes excellently. The spec speaks for itself really, the 2013 Rockshox gear is class, dont think ill ever use a RP23 again after this Monarch RT3, its miles ahead of the Fox gear. I think the best 150mm bike available atm is the Trek Remedy cause its the smoothest most balanced bike out there by far and the YT Wicked is bang on par with it really. Any questions about them give me a PM and ill gladly help.
YT Wicked 150
YT Wicked 150

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
I've had my Wicked 170 for a few weeks now. It grows on me each time i ride it!

Set up sweet right out the box.

Customer Service was amazing, included a stealth reverb and padals FOC!
And spare brake pads due to a chip from transport.

Only let down was the grips, which i've changed for Lizard Skin Logo's. They were semi-rigid and twisted when wet.

Booking on some uplifts soon so will find more about how it rides then!

Does anyone have any issues with the brakes? Elixer 5's...

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 12:07 Quote
Ya the grips are crap alright but i switched mine out for a set of Lizard Skin Peatys straight away. Ive had no problems with the Elixir 5's yet 2 spins in. I had the older 2010 Elixir 5's and they did give me problems every now and then but im hoping they've solved that now. What trouble are you having?

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 1:51 Quote
Daire wrote:
Ya the grips are crap alright but i switched mine out for a set of Lizard Skin Peatys straight away. Ive had no problems with the Elixir 5's yet 2 spins in. I had the older 2010 Elixir 5's and they did give me problems every now and then but im hoping they've solved that now. What trouble are you having?

Had an issue with chain, but took 2 links out and solved that a treat. Trying to work out the right shock pressure is an issue. I had both quite high for big drop-offs and north shore dh runs. But also All-mountain riding and up-hill. I'm 83kg.

Met a guy yesterday who said I need 30% sag (I had 10%) and then adjust with compression, but i don't think that seems to work very well as even with high compression it bottomed out? - Any ideas?

Brakes work well, apart from maybe needing a bleed, as its only a few rides old. The bite point on the leavers is too close to the grips for my liking, I have adjusted them with all the way out with allen key, and they still sit too close. Would a bleed sort that?

I also found out yesterday after about 1/2 an hour of trying you can't remove a 10 speed chain power-link without a tool!

Cheers

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 2:29 Quote
thinking of a wicked 160 ltd! not too sure as I would quite like a V10 carbon frame, Don't really want to pay for both........

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 3:32 Quote
A bikepark mate have ordered a Tues 2.0 on 01.08.2012 and he get his bike earliest end of december! wtf

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 9:20 Quote
they must lose so many orders with their long delivery?!

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 10:09 Quote
Hardly, that would be the couriers fault anyway

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 10:34 Quote
conorscully wrote:
Hardly, that would be the couriers fault anyway

He means people just don't order because delivery times are that bad............

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 11:11 Quote
Derp.. still though the delivery times aren't really that bad dont think it would turn people off

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 11:26 Quote
conorscully wrote:
Derp.. still though the delivery times aren't really that bad dont think it would turn people off

spend £2000 at least on a bike and not having it for nearly 5 months doesnt put you off? I must be bloody impatient!

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 12:04 Quote
carrot-cruncher wrote:
conorscully wrote:

spend £2000 at least on a bike and not having it for nearly 5 months doesnt put you off? I must be bloody impatient!

It's well known how long it takes YT to get the bikes out, if you need the bike ASAP buy from one of the big brands and spend double the money.

I could quite easily wait 6 months for a bike like this;

YT Industries Tues 2.0 Ltd WC 2012 Advert.

The fork alone retails for about £1900, full bike for £2500!?

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 12:05 Quote
carrot-cruncher wrote:
conorscully wrote:

YT state the expected delivery week on every bike and it's size. The only reason you would be waiting that long is if you ordered it while it was out of stock which is not YTs fault as they order large batches of bikes throughout the year and only reorder once stock is gone. This is how they have such low prices as there is little excess stock. If you order whole they are in Stock you'll have your bike in 2 weeks maximum.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045560
Mobile Version of Website