Powered by Outside

Yorkshire

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
my msn is adamhodgson79@hotmail.com
feel free to add me

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
we need to arrange a date

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
As far as i am aware, there is a bluebell in leeds, not sure where abouts tho Frown

It is supposed to be an ok/good spot, but having never been, would not like to say either way!

For building in York, the stilingfleet spot on the cycle path was probs the only place to build!
Actually in York, there is one tiny place near clifton moor, but dont waste your time trying to find it!!

The best bet, in my opinion, would be to get The bike outlet or Fulford cycles behind this and then get a place set up with the council!
I say hose 2 bike shops as the bike outlet is deffinately pro-FR/DH/DJ, as you will know if you have ever visited. And the guy that owns Fulford cycles, Mr. (unsure of 1st name) schumacher is into the DH/FR scene!

Hope it helps!!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
so where are we going to build then we need to decide on an area

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
yeah we need somewere tht we know for sure tht we can build on!!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
and we can all get to like fairly easy

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
Hodgey1 wrote:
so where are we going to build then we need to decide on an area

If going for York, get on with a good bike shop, as i said above, the bike outlet or fulford cycles would be the best to get in with.

Then, with there help, we could have a look at getting the council to give us a spot, all hat would have to be done is to sign a disclaimer or similar, to say we wouldnt try and sue if we fell and broke our necks or what ever!!

or an exact location, no ideas!! there used to be a spot at brayton barf, but that died Frown

Which Bluebell?

Also, a friend says that the bluebell in leeds is near/in shadwell!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
we could find some land somewere out ther and all chip in a bit of money to rent or sumin??

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
the only problem with getting land from the council is all the chavs that turn up

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
finding some land and chipping in money for rent or whatever sounds like a good idea

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
about the bike shops, i did work experience with fulford cycles and am generally quite friendlyy with the guys, there into both XC and DH really, but they are really nice guys and if they think there is a decent cause im sure they will help, but we need a spot, we should all contact the council or do somthing on the cycle path

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
we need to find a place, all meet up with spades ect... and dig, tht way we should have sumin good going!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
yeah, chavs are not good!
However, anyone aware wha the going rate for a good size plot of land is these days?

Being clever, ideally, waiing till this recession hits properly, then go speaking to some friendly farmers, and say we wld pay a bit of rent on land would be a good idea as money is getting very tight now for the majority!

Ahh, the good ole' government, but thats another story!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
reckon cycle path wud be the best bet cos wud get alot less people goin there to f*ck em up nd wud be able to hav them as like semi secret so wudnt hav complete randomers showing up all the time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025087
Mobile Version of Website