Powered by Outside

Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 22:07 Quote
My favourite trails are at the far West end of the park just before you reach the reserve. There are a few short but challenging runs and I heard there is a 10 or 12 foot drop somewhere around there as well.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
dwalker55 wrote:
My favourite trails are at the far West end of the park just before you reach the reserve. There are a few short but challenging runs and I heard there is a 10 or 12 foot drop somewhere around there as well.

K guys, I know this doesn't go here... But my 2011 Custom Norco Rhythm was stolen in the Calgary area.. It has white grips, white pedals, white sprockets, white chain, pure green frame, black forks, bars and cranks. All together I paid 2100 to have this bike done, and she was my girl.... Obviously it won't look like a norco rhythm as only the frame is a norco rhythm. But if you look on my profile, and you see my bike.. It's not hard to miss, she's one of a kind. If anyone has any idea where this bike is or if they see it, please let me know and I'll offer up a $500 reward...
Thanks guys,
Cheers.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 17:41 Quote
Just wondering if anyone is going to be out at kicking horse this weekend coming up looking for some people to ride with. Plan on riding sat and hopefully Sunday.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
Hey You!

I know you are busy with summer fun, family, work, and riding your bike. How about being the better person and giving back to the trails for just a couple of hours?

Trail Evening! Tomorrow night (Wednesday Aug 20) Be at Ing's Mine Parking Lot at 7:00 pm for a couple hours of trail love. Everyone is welcome, bring your friends and be dressed for work and the weather.

It is all about helping grow the flow, trail fairies are working hard, but they need your help! (and unlike childhood stories lead you to believe, clapping your hands doesn't keep the fairies alive forever.

MMBTS

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 8:15 Quote
Hey folks, just wanted to put this out there. Last night some dirtbag broke into my garage and took my Truax. Had just gotten it the way I liked it too. *@#^*#*

2012 frame, Easton bars/stem, Saint pedals, brand new Vivid Air Cry

Please keep an eye out, cheers!

Mark

photo

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 10:25 Quote
The-Wrench wrote:
Hey folks, just wanted to put this out there. Last night some dirtbag broke into my garage and took my Truax. Had just gotten it the way I liked it too. *@#^*#*

2012 frame, Easton bars/stem, Saint pedals, brand new Vivid Air Cry

Please keep an eye out, cheers!

Mark

photo

Will do, can I ask how he got into your garage? Side door? Just wondering as I keep mine in there but I have it locked to a floor anchor as well.

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 10:26 Quote
Will keep an eye out Salute

On a side note a buddy and I are building a new jump line at Eastlands and have noticed that someone has decided to build a landing to one of our incompleted jumps. Anyone know who this person/people are? Not that I don't appreciate people trying to help but we have a specific plan for what we want the line to turn out like.

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
@ajax you talking about the big booter that flows straight in to the hip??

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 11:25 Quote
Quebec: The guy strolled into my back yard, and forced the door handle open. The door lock was pretty sketchy, so I usually turn the deadbolt as well, but had forgotten to last night. Pretty unnerving, as we are in a super calm, quiet neighbourhood, and it makes me wonder if the guy has tried before.

Left behind a number of moderately high end bikes as well, so I figure the guy had an idea what he was looking for. Grabbed the priciest one, and didn't take anything else. Went through my truck as well, but didn't get anything of value.

PS, sincere apoligies to all if this doesn't belong in here.

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
jason-zee wrote:
@ajax you talking about the big booter that flows straight in to the hip??

No the new set in the grass field behind the drop in for the main jump line

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 14:25 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:

On a side note a buddy and I are building a new jump line at Eastlands and have noticed that someone has decided to build a landing to one of our incompleted jumps. Anyone know who this person/people are? Not that I don't appreciate people trying to help but we have a specific plan for what we want the line to turn out like.
Your name really screws me up in this thread...

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 17:18 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

You were in Calgary first, I was on Pinkbike first... This is weird haha

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 17:21 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

You were in Calgary first, I was on Pinkbike first... This is weird haha
I think I was on on with my first account earlier (also ajax)

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 19:17 Quote
I'm planing on racing fernie this weekend, any good places to camp that are close? I have my gf and son with me so sleeping in the truck won't work. I usually camp at kookanusa but I would like to be closer than that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.085383
Mobile Version of Website