2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
According to my little problem with size M I'm considering about bying frame L.
The only frame I like the view is Advanced 1 2016.
Here we got some lot in US - https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2314471
Seller don't mind to sell only frame.
What do you think about that specifically bike? How much should the frame worth?

Thanx

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 2:55 Quote
ka81 wrote:
What do you think about that specifically bike? How much should the frame worth?

Thanx

What's your problem with the Medium?

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 3:58 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
ka81 wrote:

Thanx

What's your problem with the Medium?
Question is not about my problem with M ))
but anyway, I tried same Reign as mine but L with the same parts (at least dimensions) and I realized that L is much better for me, I feel more confidence and comfortable.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
Hey everyone!

Some questions about chainline that I’m struggling to make sense of. I currently have a 2015 Giant Reign 2 with the stock 2x10 drivetrain with stock Deore cranks. I recently got a 1x12 Eagle upgrade kit so I’m planning on switching everything out to 1x12 next month. I'm wanting to keep my stock Deore 104 BCD cranks. I know I need to get a narrow-wide chainring, and was thinking about getting the stock SRAM Eagle chainring(https://www.jensonusa.com/SRAM-X-Sync-2-11-Or-12-Speed-Chainring) with 6mm offset.

Do I need the 6mm offset? How do I make sure I get the right 49mm chainline, would a different chainring be better or do I need spacers?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have no Idea what to get and worry that if I take it to a bike shop they’ll just put everything on and not worry about chainline at all.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 12:08 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
mfoga wrote:
lanham wrote:

No issue with the hubs. The rims suck, but then again maybe I am putting too much faith in my CushCore's.

That I can see. Why not just relace the hubs with better hoops. I have found carbon rims are good if your smooth, not so much if you have a tendency to hit big bumps and square hits.

Dh tire and air pressure fixes a lot! 2.5 dh tire with 35psi Smile . What tire,width and pressure are you using?

Air pressure yes. I tended to run low for cornering traction but I guess I will have to get used to a harder tire.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 1:40 Quote
bigboyroy007 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Some questions about chainline that I’m struggling to make sense of. I currently have a 2015 Giant Reign 2 with the stock 2x10 drivetrain with stock Deore cranks. I recently got a 1x12 Eagle upgrade kit so I’m planning on switching everything out to 1x12 next month. I'm wanting to keep my stock Deore 104 BCD cranks. I know I need to get a narrow-wide chainring, and was thinking about getting the stock SRAM Eagle chainring(https://www.jensonusa.com/SRAM-X-Sync-2-11-Or-12-Speed-Chainring) with 6mm offset.

Do I need the 6mm offset? How do I make sure I get the right 49mm chainline, would a different chainring be better or do I need spacers?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have no Idea what to get and worry that if I take it to a bike shop they’ll just put everything on and not worry about chainline at all.

Thanks!
I run 32 AB Oval chainring on stock cranks, it has 2mm offset. But I pretty sure you can run 34 Eagle chainring with no problems (with 32 chainring chain will hit the spider arms). Or you can swap your deore to RF Aeffect as well to keep the same BB.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 8:02 Quote
bigboyroy007 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Thanks!
6mm offset sounds about right. If it doesn’t come with the chain ring just get some spacers.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 8:10 Quote
murrdogg wrote:
bigboyroy007 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Thanks!
6mm offset sounds about right. If it doesn’t come with the chain ring just get some spacers.
Might be helpful https://www.oneupcomponents.com/pages/understanding-chainline-for-optimal-1x-conversions-boost-and-non-boost

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
ka81 wrote:

Thanx

I would imagine it is same cost to trade your bike in as it would be to get a frame only. the advanced frames are $2500 USD.. maybe your dealer could contact giant parts dept to do a 'crash replacement' cost on your front triangle. depending on inventory avail.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/reign-advanced-frameset

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 0:15 Quote
Interesting idea, thanx.
But, they ve got only 2018 and mine is 2016, and I don t need '18 frame. )

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 1:12 Quote
Hi all, I have just noticed creaking issue in my Reign: it starts when pedalling, even during light ascent on fire roads or even flat, when you stop pedalling it stops as well. When I stand on pedals or increase pedalling force the sound does not increase. I already checked dropper post, pedals, cassette, rear hub and axle. Any suggestions folks? Could it be pressfit, bearings (probably not as it does not appear when activating the linkage)? Mech hanger? Any idea or experience with similar issue? Seems quite urgent as I am leaving for holidays in 2 days...Thanks

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 1:58 Quote
endor wrote:
Hi all, I have just noticed creaking issue in my Reign: it starts when pedalling, even during light ascent on fire roads or even flat, when you stop pedalling it stops as well. When I stand on pedals or increase pedalling force the sound does not increase. I already checked dropper post, pedals, cassette, rear hub and axle. Any suggestions folks? Could it be pressfit, bearings (probably not as it does not appear when activating the linkage)? Mech hanger? Any idea or experience with similar issue? Seems quite urgent as I am leaving for holidays in 2 days...Thanks

Check your saddle rail clamp on the seatpost. Lots of sounds emanate from there.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
endor wrote:

Check your saddle rail clamp on the seatpost. Lots of sounds emanate from there.

redo your crank bb. just a clean, grease, torque to specs, also frame seatpost clamp can make sounds too.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 10:20 Quote
Derailleur hanger bolts have been a past culprit for me.... but you might need to eliminate all of those sources by trial and error with cleaning and greasing.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 11:19 Quote
endor wrote:
Had almost the same problem on my 4 months old 2018 reign and after full rebuild my LBS found that one linckage bearing was not inserted straight and that was causing creaking noise as you describe. Now new replacement frame is on the way.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021331
Mobile Version of Website