Powered by Outside

Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
Posted: Jul 7, 2023 at 3:44 Quote
progressioncycles wrote:
YRneroh wrote:
this boost feature is for real? has nobody seen what has happened to google search engine?

boo

I’m curious. What’s your parallel issue with the google search engine?

Maybe jot down a couple pros and cons?

Speaking from the sell side….
Pros
- increased listing visibility
- cheaper than Starbucks
- make mo money mo faster

Cons
- less money for BuySell babe dates
- boost adds don’t show up in the google search engine shop section like eBay.

Speaking from the buy side might be your perspective YRneoh ??

Disclaimer: I don’t work for pinkbike.

Go use google and try to tell me that SEO hasn’t tarnished the ability to find anything but sponsored results

Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 0:27 Quote
Why is it that the only listings I can find are for “Boosted” sellers?

Mod
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 6:22 Quote
azwldcat13 wrote:
Why is it that the only listings I can find are for “Boosted” sellers?
keep scrolling down. it might be a page or two

Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 15:52 Quote
How to you check how many views my item has?
Thank you

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2023 at 4:38 Quote
dsimsrei wrote:
How to you check how many views my item has?
Thank you

You can view the view count of your listing by viewing the listing.

photo

Posted: Jul 13, 2023 at 11:24 Quote
But doesn’t that add a view to the count?
When you have an item listed for sale, your view should not add to the count of views.

Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 14:03 Quote
Are the sellers with boosted ADs marking their items up to account for an outside+ membership?

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2023 at 12:15 Quote
Hello!

Is there anywhere that all of the search bar tricks are documented? For example "-stumpjumper" to exclude a search term. Specifically, I'm trying to search for posts with "MX" or "Mullet" in them but I'd love to have all of these tips in one place.

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 8:38 Quote
I am trying to post an ad and I get the following error message:

^Your last PB Buysell posting was suspicious. As a security measure we have sent you an email with a link you must click to verify your account before you can post.

And of course, I am not getting any email with a link to verify my account, not even in my spam folder.

I've sold quite a few items in the past, and none of them are "suspicious" so I am not sure why I'm getting this message and how can I fix it (as no email has been sent).

Any help would be appreciated.

Mod
Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 9:23 Quote
alexlag wrote:

^Your last PB Buysell posting was suspicious. As a security measure we have sent you an email with a link you must click to verify your account before you can post.

And of course, I am not getting any email with a link to verify my account, not even in my spam folder.

I've sold quite a few items in the past, and none of them are "suspicious" so I am not sure why I'm getting this message and how can I fix it (as no email has been sent).

Thanks alex, just cleared you. Seems like scammers bloom in the summer like mountain sage and lilacs so we implemented more checks and 2FAs to catch the baddies. If in doubt, check your spam folder.

Mod
Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 9:24 Quote
Weve been having scam problems recently and that was a measure we put in place. I dont really know too much about it, please message captainbringdown or Jake28

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 9:25 Quote
jake28 wrote:

Thanks alex, just cleared you. Seems like scammers bloom in the summer like mountain sage and lilacs so we implemented more checks and 2FAs to catch the baddies. If in doubt, check your spam folder.

Unfortunately me and others are getting banned for general messages in a discussion thread, by the 'spam AI bot', which people are getting frustrated with.

Mod
Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 9:28 Quote
And now pac thinks hes being targeted

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 9:41 Quote
jake28 wrote:
alexlag wrote:

Thanks so much!!

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 9:47 Quote
jake28 wrote:
[

Hi Jake,

I tried again and didn't work. No email has been received. I checked my spam folder and there's nothing there either.

Should I logout completely and login again? I'm freaking out because I need to sell this bike as I already bought a new one, ha!

Thanks for your help!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051285
Mobile Version of Website