Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Oct 29, 2022 at 0:17 Quote
Tommy-P87 wrote:
Tmae wrote:
ianfox52 wrote:
Any throw a Fox 38” 170 and an angleset on their jeffsy yet?

Yes -1.5 angle set and 170mm front and rear Smile
photo

How do you get 170 rear travel on a Jeffsy? How does it ride? I've been thinking of getting rid and getting a long travel enduro bike but might keep it if I could do that

Get a 216x63 mm shock, set flipchip to „low position“, change the rear bushing of the shock to a 1.5mm offset bushing.

The 6mm length difference will be compensated by setting the flipchip to low (4mm gained) and the offset bushing (1.5mm gained).

Considering the sag, the BB hight is inbetween high and low position then when riding.
The frame can take the travel, no collision, but a 2mm offset bushing might collide. 1.5mm is just perfect.

It rides really nice, with the X2 it‘s nice und plush, now just changed to the DHX2, even plusher. Considerable upgrade if you wonna try a enduro long travel bike.
But for sure you have more padel bob, so don‘t get a shock w/o lock lever.
The 1.5 headset with 170mm fork also nice.
Results in a steep 64.1 head angle with almost same BB hight.

I can recommend both upgrades if you want to have a enduro bike.

New Geo:
photo

Posted: Oct 31, 2022 at 9:34 Quote
Tmae wrote:
Tommy-P87 wrote:
Tmae wrote:

Yes -1.5 angle set and 170mm front and rear Smile
photo

How do you get 170 rear travel on a Jeffsy? How does it ride? I've been thinking of getting rid and getting a long travel enduro bike but might keep it if I could do that

Get a 216x63 mm shock, set flipchip to „low position“, change the rear bushing of the shock to a 1.5mm offset bushing.

The 6mm length difference will be compensated by setting the flipchip to low (4mm gained) and the offset bushing (1.5mm gained).

Considering the sag, the BB hight is inbetween high and low position then when riding.
The frame can take the travel, no collision, but a 2mm offset bushing might collide. 1.5mm is just perfect.

It rides really nice, with the X2 it‘s nice und plush, now just changed to the DHX2, even plusher. Considerable upgrade if you wonna try a enduro long travel bike.
But for sure you have more padel bob, so don‘t get a shock w/o lock lever.
The 1.5 headset with 170mm fork also nice.
Results in a steep 64.1 head angle with almost same BB hight.

I can recommend both upgrades if you want to have a enduro bike.

New Geo:
photo

Seems like you should have just gone with a Capra at this point...

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
I apologize ahead of time as I'm sure this has been covered multiple times here. Does anyone have experience with fitting a 180 Oneup dropper in a large mk2 Jeffsy frame? Just want to make sure that dropper would fit from a stack standpoint. Thanks!

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
Have fitted a 210 OneUp on my mk2 XL with no issues, so 99% sure it will fit.

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 18:19 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:
I apologize ahead of time as I'm sure this has been covered multiple times here. Does anyone have experience with fitting a 180 Oneup dropper in a large mk2 Jeffsy frame? Just want to make sure that dropper would fit from a stack standpoint. Thanks!
The 180 OneUp insert length is about the same as the 150 Postman.

I put a 150 OneUp on Izzo Med and it’s still so far out of the seat tube wish I did 180… d;o)

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
undescended wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:
The 180 OneUp insert length is about the same as the 150 Postman.

I put a 150 OneUp on Izzo Med and it’s still so far out of the seat tube wish I did 180… d;o)

Haha John I should've just asked you. Btw I forgot to find you on FB but I'll send you a request now.

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
Tmae wrote:
Have fitted a 210 OneUp on my mk2 XL with no issues, so 99% sure it will fit.

Thanks very much!

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
I have a 2019 jeffsy cf and Its an 11speed I wanted to change my chainring is this the correct ring ? https://www.ethirteen.com/collections/all-cranks/products/sl-guidering?variant=29367288004711

Also I believe my chainring is a 34 would it improve my climbing gearing to go lower like 32 or 30 ?

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 19:27 Quote
Furmissle wrote:
I have a 2019 jeffsy cf and Its an 11speed I wanted to change my chainring is this the correct ring ? https://www.ethirteen.com/collections/all-cranks/products/sl-guidering?variant=29367288004711

Also I believe my chainring is a 34 would it improve my climbing gearing to go lower like 32 or 30 ?
That looks right based on the spec for the TRS crankset. Yes, a lower tooth chainring will improve your climbing tremendously, which I need. I had 26t with the 9-46 e13 cassette on Jeffsy but I’ve settled on 28t with the SRAM Eagle on Izzo…

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 0:13 Quote
Hi everyone,
Time to replace headset bearings of my 2018 Aluminium Jeffsy 29".

A couple of questions:

- bearings seem stuck inside their cups, when to the best of my knowledge they should come off without effort. How do you suggest to remove them, hammer and screwdriver?

- I would like to replace them in the same time the old ones are removed. Could you kindly tell me what size of bearings are installed so I purchase them beforehand?

Thank you,
Marc

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 0:43 Quote
If it’s an acros headset like mine then the bearings are bonded into the cups and your only option is to replace the entire headset.

It’s crazy but unfortunately the only option. Personally I went for a Hope replacement which does have replaceable bearings.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
appltn wrote:
If it’s an acros headset like mine then the bearings are bonded into the cups and your only option is to replace the entire headset.

It’s crazy but unfortunately the only option. Personally I went for a Hope replacement which does have replaceable bearings.

Yes. it is. It looks like now an headset cup extractor is needed as well, but at least I won't waste more time trying remove them...

Thank you

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 9:15 Quote
Has anyone tried fitting a 210x57 shock?

My idea is to fit the Cane creek DB Coil IL that comes 210x55 but removing two nylon spacers it gets to 57, getting to "155" ish rear travel.

Bike is a L Jeffsy blaze 2022 with 160mm front and -1 works angleset, the coil and a lil more travel in the back would be ideal for park days.

Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 3:40 Quote
Fitted a shock with 63mm stroke on a XL (see some posts above) so will work.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 4:28 Quote
Tmae wrote:
Fitted a shock with 63mm stroke on a XL (see some posts above) so will work.
Read it above, nice work!

I thought about using a 216x63 with the offset bushing, but although it'd be quite nice having all that travel in the back it's a bit overkill for the whole year except bike park rides for my usage

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023669
Mobile Version of Website