Powered by Outside

Greenland

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 8:50 Quote
Ya definitely sounds good. is anybody going out there today?

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 9:59 Quote
went for a bit, started building new berm for big line, might go back later if the sun comes out againRolleyes

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 10:20 Quote
Alright I'm heading over soon. I'll check it out and try to get some work done

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 10:24 Quote
Also started the bigger lip on the 3rd and a bigger roller in front - using dirt and clay from widening the 3rd entrance

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 18:53 Quote
made the landing bigger on the 3rd jump and added a bit to the lip today

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 at 20:00 Quote
Coolie12 wrote:
made the landing bigger on the 3rd jump and added a bit to the lip today

Looks good - I threw a bit more on the left side of the lip and landing
Also worked on the roller and Paul and I were working on the hip line and table combo
Things are starting to shape up!

Posted: Apr 16, 2013 at 7:13 Quote
Sweet. hopefully the weather will hold up and we can ride soon. Its looking good

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 6:37 Quote
Not one single piece of garbage at greenland is mine. not one. Today I am bringing garbage bags and I'm going to start bagging up some stuff. I am worried about complaints from all the new residents, dog walkers, golfers etc.
WAY too much work has gone into these trails to ignore this...PLUS we can enjoy this beautiful spot that we call our own
to the fullest!Smile

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 7:01 Quote
Yea i agree the garbage is getting bad there, gotta try and keep it clean. We should get some more garbage cans back out there

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 10:48 Quote
some kids were there with their mom and she helped me bag it up. nice lady!
one of the kids started carving up the lip on the first jump of the right line and I was was like "woah woah woah what are you doing man" damage averted!

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 11:51 Quote
Nice work! Must have been a dozen g bags!
I took two out to the soccer field garbage bin

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 19:20 Quote
Nice stuff guys, not a piece of it is mine either but it's crazy to see how fast it accumulates. I remember about 2 years ago I think it was I was alone at greenland for the day and forgot to bring a shovel but the jumps were in terrible shape so I couldn't ride them so I didn't have much to do and I actually spent the entire day picking up every single piece of trash in the entire vicinity till there was absolutely nothing left anywhere.

I remember seeing how much was lying around by the end of last season and thinking it was nuts how much had piled up over the course of just a couple seasons. I don't think I ever actually see anyone littering either which is kind of weird or I'd tell them off.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2013 at 8:34 Quote
I don't think we (the core users/builders) are the main culprit in who is creating so much trash. But we really do need to clean it up, it's pretty gross.

Posted: Apr 22, 2013 at 13:33 Quote
If people go out there just to smoke weed, that will probably be who's leaving the litter.

Posted: Apr 22, 2013 at 15:25 Quote
Ya, agreed. I know that us usual guys aren't the problem, but we get blamed for it. We should try to clean it up while we're still building and not really riding

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012941
Mobile Version of Website