Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 7:20 Quote
Hey Just wandering if I can put a 165 mm
sram GX cranks and chainring on my 2019 jeffsy cf comp, or do I need a new BB?

O+
Posted: May 24, 2023 at 3:17 Quote
merrikBIKE wrote:
Is it just me or is the best word to describe a 160 front/150 rear 29In Jeffsy "Playduro" ?

160F/150R with a coil shock and a -1 angleset and the bike is just a beauty to ride, trails, park, uphill.

I still can't find a do it all bike that suits me better than the jeffsy

Posted: May 26, 2023 at 8:23 Quote
Anybody here get a Jeffsy 29 with the Float X? Reason I ask is because I believe the Jeffsy 29 w/ Float X comes with a 0.3 inch spacer, which actually isn't available as part of the Float X volume spacer kit.

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 14:26 Quote
Has anyone been able to fit a 210 mm oneup dropper post in their large jeffsy?

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 2:40 Quote
merrikBIKE wrote:
Has anyone been able to fit a 210 mm oneup dropper post in their large jeffsy?

I'm using a 210mm oneup dropper on my Large 29 jeffsy. I've 8.5cm out from the frame to where the seal/tube starts (or 7.5cm out of max insertion)

Posted: Jun 30, 2023 at 15:32 Quote
Looking to put a 160 Marzocchi fork upfront on my YT jeffesey core 2- any one done that? Is it a good idea?

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2023 at 22:42 Quote
Just about to sell my 2020 Jeffsy after quite a few good years on it.

How do you guys think you would price a 2020 carbon Jeffsy with a 160mm Lyrik Ultimate, super deluxe (with megneg), full Shimano XT drivetrain and brakes, oneup carbon bars and some deity anodized bits (pedals, stem, seat clamp). I think it was around 4000 before discount a few years ago but I was silly and replaced almost all the parts on it. Frame has a few scratches but nothing serious.

Posted: Jul 1, 2023 at 9:48 Quote
HooperAK wrote:

How do you guys think you would price a 2020 carbon Jeffsy with a 160mm Lyrik Ultimate, super deluxe (with megneg), full Shimano XT drivetrain and brakes, oneup carbon bars and some deity anodized bits (pedals, stem, seat clamp). I think it was around 4000 before discount a few years ago but I was silly and replaced almost all the parts on it. Frame has a few scratches but nothing serious.

$27

Posted: Jul 5, 2023 at 12:49 Quote
d-dog123 wrote:
Looking to put a 160 Marzocchi fork upfront on my YT jeffesey core 2- any one done that? Is it a good idea?

I threw a 160mm Cane Creek Helm on my MK1 Jeffsy (140mm stock) and it didn't have much adverse effects on the handling so I'd say you're more than OK with that upgrade.

Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 8:05 Quote
What’s the consensus - if any - on the best coil shock to suit the mk2 Jeffsy? Looking at upgrading my 2019 CF Pro from the stock RS Deluxe for some more plush-ness. Also saves me reading through 600 pages on this thread! Haha!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
HooperAK wrote:

Guess price will be pretty local market-dependent, but I sold my 2019 jeffsy 29 cf comp with pretty much all component updated (lyrik ultimate and cr bomber, …) in December for 1800 euro…

Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 7:50 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
What’s the consensus - if any - on the best coil shock to suit the mk2 Jeffsy? Looking at upgrading my 2019 CF Pro from the stock RS Deluxe for some more plush-ness. Also saves me reading through 600 pages on this thread! Haha!

Any coil shock will be just fine. Personally, I ran the Cane Creek Inline Coil for 3 years and loved it. Still just as light as a Fox X2 air shock but you get the coil feel. I think Cane Creek is running a discount right now also.
Cane Creek will benefit you with all the adjustments (i.e. HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR) if you know how to use them.
If you're not as familiar with these adjustments or more of a 'set it and forget it' type, maybe a Marzocci Bomber or a basic Rockshox coil would be best.

Posted: Jul 13, 2023 at 6:51 Quote
d-dog123 wrote:
MY Bike has a bomber one up front and its awesome!

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 6:41 Quote
RobK1979 wrote:
I don't know because I didn't ride the bike yet, but for me it's a park bike so only for uplifts. I have a bomber CR coil so no lockout! It will bring you up but it's not the best climber i think. You can compare it with the Capra
Have you finally tried the jeffsy with 170mm in the back? How did it ride in parks?

Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
MatiasO wrote:
RobK1979 wrote:
I don't know because I didn't ride the bike yet, but for me it's a park bike so only for uplifts. I have a bomber CR coil so no lockout! It will bring you up but it's not the best climber i think. You can compare it with the Capra
Have you finally tried the jeffsy with 170mm in the back? How did it ride in parks?

Yes I went this road, thanks to Tmae! I have a 216 x63 bomber CR coil with 170mm travel and it fits perfect. I love it and it is still a playful bike. I also over forked my jeffsy to 170mm. Headtube angle is now 64 degrees. And you always can go back to 150, 160.Cool

For me it’s the perfect park bike, more confidence!

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015926
Mobile Version of Website