Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2023 at 20:13 Quote
Could we please have a 20 x 110 TA Boost option for forks? There's only the non boost option available right now. Thanks

Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 10:31 Quote
Hi - I bought 2 mtb thru Pinkbike. Both sales worked great.
Now I am selling 1 of those same bikes... I posted it on Pinkebike and on Craigslit

but a potential buyer wrote to me:

"I'm a little uncomfortable with no proof of purchase. With paypal there should still be a record of purchase on your Pinkbike account, yes?"
--------------

So, I do have a Paypal receipt for the purchase of it the bike from Pinkbike - as Pinkbike suggested to
only pay via Paypal .... but is there a Pinkbike receipt too?

Thank you for clarifying for me. John

Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 10:34 Quote
SlatteryJohn wrote:
Hi - I bought 2 mtb thru Pinkbike. Both sales worked great.
Now I am selling 1 of those same bikes... I posted it on Pinkebike and on Craigslit

but a potential buyer wrote to me:

"I'm a little uncomfortable with no proof of purchase. With paypal there should still be a record of purchase on your Pinkbike account, yes?"
--------------

So, I do have a Paypal receipt for the purchase of it the bike from Pinkbike - as Pinkbike suggested to
only pay via Paypal .... but is there a Pinkbike receipt too?

Thank you for clarifying for me. John

I'd suggest to go to the previous sellers 'sold items' on their profile, and take screenshots of the previous seller, and then forward them to the new buyer, along with screenshots of messages between you and previous seller.

Mod
Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
I second this. pinkbike does not keep track or make receipts of sales, all things here are handled by the customer and seller independently. we just help against scams and offer a place to list. using the previous seller as a reference would be the best in this situation.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 11:08 Quote
@ SlatteryJohn

If your buyer is picky. You can add assurance that the bike isn't stolen by providing the serial number and "not stolen" verification by running the frame serial number through Bike Index or Project 529.

Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 14:09 Quote
FYI, Yesterday I wasn't able to login to my acct, finally got MTBr staff to let me login and now I log in and it says that I have a full Dura ace groupo for sale, which I do NOT. I immediately deleted that listing. Somehow someone must have my acct info? This website and log in process always seems so temperamental and I always thought that maybe it was because they are trying to be super secure and safe, but maybe not.

Mod
Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 15:09 Quote
rodneyH wrote:
FYI, Yesterday I wasn't able to login to my acct, finally got MTBr staff to let me login and now I log in and it says that I have a full Dura ace groupo for sale, which I do NOT. I immediately deleted that listing. Somehow someone must have my acct info? This website and log in process always seems so temperamental and I always thought that maybe it was because they are trying to be super secure and safe, but maybe not.
huh? how did mtbr staff let you login to pinkbike? if you suspect someone has your info change your password immediately.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2023 at 16:37 Quote
Dear product bros and co.

Could we add a feature to manage lowballers within messaging?

For example:
1) Seller selects price offer as "reasonable offers"
2) Seller inputs a $amount/ "asking price". Where if a message includes a "offer price" below a seller generated minimum price threshold, the message system blocks the buyer from being able to send a message with a lowball/ below preset offer. on the basis of the asking price in a numerical format.

For example, on ebay you can select a minimum offer with the best offer price mechanism. Offers below that minimum offer will automatically be declined.
photo

I believe this once was a thing with the keyword "trade".

Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 6:18 Quote
Hi team,
Seeing some wonky css on the filtering modal
photo

Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 13:16 Quote
PB suggests to only ship to Paypal verified address. I live in HI and most sellers state "in-continent only". My only option is to ship to my daughter in UT, but PB suggests this (ship to alternate address) could be seen as a scam. How do I arrange this in good faith?

Mod
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 13:23 Quote
rrugg wrote:
PB suggests to only ship to Paypal verified address. I live in HI and most sellers state "in-continent only". My only option is to ship to my daughter in UT, but PB suggests this (ship to alternate address) could be seen as a scam. How do I arrange this in good faith?
provide some kind of proof, find a seller that trusts you. seller scams are much more common than buyer scams.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 13:25 Quote
rrugg wrote:

Ask the seller(s) if they will ship to you directly. I'd imagine the shipping price would be higher than to the lower 48.

Pinkbike doesn't get involved with payments.

With PayPal, their buyer and seller protection requires the shipping address (buyer) to match the address associated with your PayPal account (buyer). Your best bet is to read PayPal Policy yourself.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 13:33 Quote
mior wrote:
rrugg wrote:
SNIP
provide some kind of proof, find a seller that trusts you. seller scams are much more common than buyer scams.

Buyer scams are more common than you would think. "Ship to a different address" is an easy way for a seller to get scammed. If the seller ships to an alternative address/ not associated with the PayPal account, it voids seller protection.

Mod
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 14:07 Quote
progressioncycles wrote:
mior wrote:
rrugg wrote:
SNIP

Buyer scams are more common than you would think. "Ship to a different address" is an easy way for a seller to get scammed. If the seller ships to an alternative address/ not associated with the PayPal account, it voids seller protection.
I work here. i would know what types of scams are the most common.

Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 14:18 Quote
mior wrote:
progressioncycles wrote:
mior wrote:

I work here. i would know what types of scams are the most common.

IIRC, Mio.

You have to have a verified PayPal account, people have to ship to the account’s address. Buyer or seller.

PayPal are very strict with these rules, and I’m not sure if PayPal would side with either. Even with screenshots of communications.

Risky imho.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011352
Mobile Version of Website