Powered by Outside

Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 0:50 Quote
So, thank you all for your suggestions, it's much appreciated. I double checked the dimensions (for the 3rd time I think ^^ and it's indeed 230*60mm).

The LBS sent the damper to the service center in Belgium who tested it on a dyno, and everything was normal according to them.

As they hadn't sold any Rallon's with a DHX2, only with air shocks, they didn't have any similar experiences to compare it too. The LBS' owner did buy a Rockshox SDU but hadn't ridden it yet when I went there last time. I'd have to ask for his experience on it. In the EU the RS SDU without coils is 450EUR and EXT is 1140EUR (with coils) (tax included for both)... and I already have some coils so I'd be more interessted in the SDU if I can get it to fit.

I sent a message to Matt Beer who did tell me that my difference in experience could be due to the fact that the YT is very progressive and the Orbea is only somewhat progressive.

Anyway, I'll go for a ride this weekend, play a bit with the compression, and make up my mind. Probably first askthe shop to replace the coil with the air. If that doesn't work I'll take the shock appart myself, you never know, and then look for the SDU (maybe the DH version without climb switch).

Thanks for the feedback!

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 10:22 Quote
It could be the progression rate. I had that issue with my Yeti SB150 as it is really linear. I added the Cascade link and all good. But the Orbea R6 already has a 22% progressive rate that goes up to 33% win it is in motion. I tried the 2023 Rockshox SDU Coil with the hydraulic bottom out, and it was amazing, and also tried the EXT with the HBO. I stuck with the EXT because of weight savings. But the SDU was super solid. I actually think it felt more solid than the EXT. probably because they weren't focused on weight. I would go with the SDU Coil over the FOX all day every day. Especially with the HBO.https://cyclinic.com.au/blogs/suspension/mtb-coil-spring-101#:~:text=In%20general%2C%20we've%20found,out%20too%20easily%2C%20resulting%20in
blobfromspace wrote:
So, thank you all for your suggestions, it's much appreciated. I double checked the dimensions (for the 3rd time I think ^^ and it's indeed 230*60mm).

The LBS sent the damper to the service center in Belgium who tested it on a dyno, and everything was normal according to them.

As they hadn't sold any Rallon's with a DHX2, only with air shocks, they didn't have any similar experiences to compare it too. The LBS' owner did buy a Rockshox SDU but hadn't ridden it yet when I went there last time. I'd have to ask for his experience on it. In the EU the RS SDU without coils is 450EUR and EXT is 1140EUR (with coils) (tax included for both)... and I already have some coils so I'd be more interessted in the SDU if I can get it to fit.

I sent a message to Matt Beer who did tell me that my difference in experience could be due to the fact that the YT is very progressive and the Orbea is only somewhat progressive.

Anyway, I'll go for a ride this weekend, play a bit with the compression, and make up my mind. Probably first askthe shop to replace the coil with the air. If that doesn't work I'll take the shock appart myself, you never know, and then look for the SDU (maybe the DH version without climb switch).

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 11:41 Quote
Increase IFP pressure. In DHX2 you can go up to 170/180psi. Should help

blobfromspace wrote:
Hi guys,

I have the new Rallon R6 (M-team, mullet) since august, bike rides great, except for the shock. Initially came with Fox Float X2 and was replaced with the DHX2 coil.

Does anyhow have issues with bottom out resistance? No matter what I do I can bottom out the DHX2 super easily (basic bunny hop or any small jump bottoms it out). I'm running out of ideas on what to do (coil resistance, compression, progressive shock, maintenance, etc.).

I went up from the 450lbs spring to a 500 and 550lbs spring (I weigh 80 kilos, which should put me on 450-450 lbs according to Orbea). I toyed around with the LSC, fully closed it's better but it makes the ride harsh. Still have to toy around with HSC on the trail but with the HSC fully closed I still bottom out on a bunny hop.

I also sent the shock in for service at my lbs, everything is normal and Orbea uses no specific tune apparantly.

Just mounted a Sprindex spring (which are progressive) and when jumping around in front of the house it still bottoms out, still have to go for a proper ride though. I made a videos of the shock. Next time I will rotate the Sprindex thing out of the way, but you hear the loud ping when it bottom's out.

clip at normal speed

slowmo clip:

Previous bike was a 2017 YT jeffsy with a 2020 Rockshox super deluxe coil, never had any problem whatsoever with regards to bottoming out, now I just want to go back to the airshock with which I had zero problems.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 18:58 Quote
So my 2022 M10 just came in a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been struggling with pedal strikes on steep gnar. I’ve had some really sketchy moments on trails I’ve been riding for a long time. Im thinking about switching to the higher setting but am concerned about losing some stability and the amazing cornering the thing has at 64 degrees. So, those of you who’ve tried both: does the bike change much when it’s in the higher setting? I assume it’ll climb better, but what about descending? Does a half degree make much of a difference?

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 7:38 Quote
Frogballs1 wrote:
So my 2022 M10 just came in a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been struggling with pedal strikes on steep gnar. I’ve had some really sketchy moments on trails I’ve been riding for a long time. Im thinking about switching to the higher setting but am concerned about losing some stability and the amazing cornering the thing has at 64 degrees. So, those of you who’ve tried both: does the bike change much when it’s in the higher setting? I assume it’ll climb better, but what about descending? Does a half degree make much of a difference?

I run mine at the high setting for the same reason. Agreed that the low setting has amazing cornering, but I've found the reduced pedal strikes and improved climbing are worth it for 90% of my rides. The only time I switch it back to the lowest setting now is for bike park laps.

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 14:20 Quote
I reduced the pedal strikes by increasing psi in my rear shock. I use the low setting

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 15:52 Quote
Beigner wrote:
Frogballs1 wrote:

I run mine at the high setting for the same reason. Agreed that the low setting has amazing cornering, but I've found the reduced pedal strikes and improved climbing are worth it for 90% of my rides. The only time I switch it back to the lowest setting now is for bike park laps.

Do you like how it handles in the steep gnar? Obviously, I’ll try it out for myself, but I’m definitely interested in others’ experiences on the issue.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 15:57 Quote
timoped wrote:
I reduced the pedal strikes by increasing psi in my rear shock. I use the low setting

Yeah I’m running about 17mm of sag on the 230x60 and it is better. I’m tempted to go all the way down to 25% sag in the shock and maybe 17/18% on the 38 to see if that helps. It’s tough though, bc I bought the bike primarily to handle some really tight, steep, rocky east coast downhills and I don’t want the descending to get harsh on me. May take a while to figure out a set up in this one.

Posted: Jun 19, 2023 at 2:37 Quote
Hey there!

I´m a new owner to a Rallon M10 with a factory x2 and a Fox 38 performance GRIP. Since i´m not sooo good at finding the best working setup for me, I was wondering if somebody could recommend a good setting for me, especially for the shock.

At the moment i´m running it at about 230 psi, HSC and LSC completley open. I weigh at about 80 kg with all my gear on. I like to ride rocky or rooty technical trails, not so often bikeparks. Jumps are not so common in my area, and i have to pedal a lot uphill to find some trails. the setup i ride at the moment was tested with a shockwiz, which stated everything is good. but i´m not so sure about that, since, most of the time, i only use half of the travel of the shock.

not sure about the spacers... never changed them, do you know how many are installed by orbea?

so, do you have any recommendations for me? what setup do you ride?

Posted: Jun 19, 2023 at 3:57 Quote
Hi guys,

Could someone with 2022/23 Rallon check if there is any play in your seat tube pivot (the one with the magnetic tool inside).
My bike is about 2 months old and there is about a mm of sideways play.
I am not sure if it was like that from the start or if it developed later.

I checked all the bolts and they are torqued according to the specifications.

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 2:32 Quote
hi

any tips to instal a new shifter housing cable without cursing too much!!!
have the right tools, pics, an internal guide magnet tool etc
but the housing its stuck at the rear triangle

Posted: Jul 15, 2023 at 1:29 Quote
mzura wrote:
Hi guys,

Could someone with 2022/23 Rallon check if there is any play in your seat tube pivot (the one with the magnetic tool inside).
My bike is about 2 months old and there is about a mm of sideways play.
I am not sure if it was like that from the start or if it developed later.

I checked all the bolts and they are torqued according to the specifications.

Thanks for the feedback!

Had the same issue after a day of Bikepark riding - I tightened the pivot bolt up to 7-8 Nm and now it is fine. The Bluepaper says 4 Nm and the writing on the screw says 2 Nm..

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 0:36 Quote
Hi all,

Anyone running a bash guard on the rallon? Notice not a huge amount of clearance with the e thriteen chain guide and was wondering which one would fit. Thanks for letting me know.

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 8:06 Quote
WINGS043 wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone running a bash guard on the rallon? Notice not a huge amount of clearance with the e thriteen chain guide and was wondering which one would fit. Thanks for letting me know.
Oneup on my R5 Rallon needed washer.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3ThA1F7QJMDyAsh87

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 10:49 Quote
Thanks for reacting. I have the R6. Any issues with this much clearance or seems to be running fine? I will put some helitape under it just to be sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012116
Mobile Version of Website