Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
Mod
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 14:20 Quote
mace-the-amazing wrote:
mior wrote:
progressioncycles wrote:

Buyer scams are more common than you would think. "Ship to a different address" is an easy way for a seller to get scammed. If the seller ships to an alternative address/ not associated with the PayPal account, it voids seller protection.
I work here. i would know what types of scams are the most common.

IIRC, Mio.

You have to have a verified PayPal account, people have to ship to the account’s address. Buyer or seller.

PayPal are very strict with these rules, and I’m not sure if PayPal would side with either. Even with screenshots of communications.

Risky imho.
you could use said other persons account or make another or change address.

Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 14:29 Quote
I think that’s what Progression-Cycles is trying to say Mio.

Mod
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 14:41 Quote
might just be a miscommunication-he's wrong about the buyer scam part though.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 16:24 Quote
mior wrote:
might just be a miscommunication-he's wrong about the buyer scam part though.

Young Padawan,

As a volunteer moderator (not an employee of PB), please do not recommend buyers or sellers to engage in transactions that void buyer or seller protection on PayPal. "some kind of proof" or "get them to trust you" isn't going anywhere with PayPal IF there were to be a discrepancy in the transaction.

To clarify, I'm not saying you're wrong in terms of proportionate scam volume. However, buyers here on PB, on occasion, actually manipulate or attempt to manipulate PayPal policy to scam the seller.

Assuming your profile age is legitimate, I will mention to you that I was scammed here on PB before you were born.

Thats not to say there's any scam accusation towards the user who asked the question. It's a fair logistics question and it's best to review PayPal policy with information directly from PayPal.

What I was speaking to is a rationale as to why a seller may not be willing to ship to an address not associated with the buyers paypal account. Referring to " establishing proof of shipment or proof of deliver" noted in the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/seller-protection

Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 17:03 Quote
mace-the-amazing wrote:
mior wrote:
progressioncycles wrote:

Buyer scams are more common than you would think. "Ship to a different address" is an easy way for a seller to get scammed. If the seller ships to an alternative address/ not associated with the PayPal account, it voids seller protection.
I work here. i would know what types of scams are the most common.

IIRC, Mio.

You have to have a verified PayPal account, people have to ship to the account’s address. Buyer or seller.

PayPal are very strict with these rules, and I’m not sure if PayPal would side with either. Even with screenshots of communications.

Risky imho.

Mod
Posted: Sep 22, 2023 at 11:33 Quote
progressioncycles wrote:
Dear product bros and co.

Could we add a feature to manage lowballers within messaging?

snip>

I believe this once was a thing with the keyword "trade".

Make an offer and accept reject are high on my wishlist.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 8:10 Quote
I noticed a "repost all" button showing up today, but when I clicked it I was told I don't have permissions. Is this a feature that is coming?

Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 10:17 Quote
kwarwick43 wrote:
I noticed a "repost all" button showing up today, but when I clicked it I was told I don't have permissions. Is this a feature that is coming?

+1

I just tried, and received the same message.

Mod
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 10:27 Quote
I dont have any listings right now that need reposting, ill let you guys know what happens when i try.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 10:52 Quote
kwarwick43 wrote:

Same here. Salute

Mod
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 11:47 Quote
progressioncycles wrote:
kwarwick43 wrote:

Same here. Salute
repost all has got to be a lifesaver for you jesus i cant imagine reposting that much stuff

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
mior wrote:
progressioncycles wrote:
kwarwick43 wrote:

Same here. Salute
repost all has got to be a lifesaver for you jesus i cant imagine reposting that much stuff

Maybe we can call it the Jesus button! Big Grin

Mod
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 10:38 Quote
fixing repost all permissions. Apparently you need god-mode enabled to use it.

also, now there is a "repost all" button.

boom.

Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 10:39 Quote
Thank you very much Jake. You're a legend. Beer Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.134238
Mobile Version of Website