Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 9:24 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
sgm182 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
Right brake should be on the rear. I've gotten two Nukeproofs and they both came routed that way as is standard.

Ben - sorry, not clear what you mean. Was your rear brake cable routed as I have it in the photo or on the same side as the rear brake and routing out the right side of the headtube?

My right brake hose runs from the lever into the left side of the head tube to the rear brake.

Got it! And your rear brake isn't crossed in the rear like it is in my photo? I wonder if there are US versions of the frame that have the cable routing reversed internally.

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 9:30 Quote
sgm182 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
sgm182 wrote:

Ben - sorry, not clear what you mean. Was your rear brake cable routed as I have it in the photo or on the same side as the rear brake and routing out the right side of the headtube?

My right brake hose runs from the lever into the left side of the head tube to the rear brake.

Got it! And your rear brake isn't crossed in the rear like it is in my photo? I wonder if there are US versions of the frame that have the cable routing reversed internally.

Not crossed. The shifter cable also transits from the right side of the handlebar to the left side of the head tube. So, two housings on the left side of the head tube: one for the rear brake and one for the rear mech.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 10:14 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
sgm182 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

Not crossed. The shifter cable also transits from the right side of the handlebar to the left side of the head tube. So, two housings on the left side of the head tube: one for the rear brake and one for the rear mech.

No kidding. Curious were either of your bikes a current gen Mega? Surprised they would make two different frame versions!

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 10:19 Quote
sgm182 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
sgm182 wrote:

No kidding. Curious were either of your bikes a current gen Mega? Surprised they would make two different frame versions!
I have an older 2015 Mega (alloy, external routing) and a 2020 Reactor (carbon, internal routing). My descriptions are for the internally routed bike.

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 10:38 Quote
I've got the '22 Mega alloy and there are no tubes on the inside of the frame. I can choose on which side the cable exits near the bottom bracket. I think the carbon Mege has got tubes inside the downtube so you can't choose where the cable exits.

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 10:44 Quote
sgm182 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
sgm182 wrote:

From this review https://enduro-mtb.com/en/2021-nukeproof-giga-290-factory-review/

"Unfortunately, the frame only offers the option of inserting the brake line of the rear brake on the right-hand side, which can make for awkward cable routing"

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 10:57 Quote
GenesiZ wrote:
I've got the '22 Mega alloy and there are no tubes on the inside of the frame. I can choose on which side the cable exits near the bottom bracket. I think the carbon Mege has got tubes inside the downtube so you can't choose where the cable exits.

Yeah, this one's carbon and no choice of routing. I honestly wanted an alloy frame, but couldn't pass up the deal on this one. I'm sure I'll get used to the rear brake cable running out of the right of the head tube.

Thanks all for the responses! Appreciate it.

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 11:01 Quote
If it's a large, we can switch Razz

photo

Posted: Jan 7, 2024 at 14:30 Quote
Now that Vitus/Nukeproof are pulling out of the US and CRC/Wiggle not shipping to the states anymore I wonder what that means for parts/warranty? Has anyone spoken with anyone?

Posted: Jan 7, 2024 at 23:18 Quote
Direct contact with a Nukeproof dealer in the states? As far as I can see there are still dealers in the USA

https://nukeproof.com/pages/find-a-nukeproof-store

The Mega 290 is exactly how I want it to be, so it was time to get it digitized by Stand Out Bikes Big Grin

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 22:01 Quote
Anybody know where to get the Giga mx conversion link in the US? Looks like wiggle/crc now don’t ship internationally anymore…

Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 3:30 Quote
Hi everyone,
I have a Nukeproof Giga 275 and I've really enjoyed it over the last couple of years, but there's a problem that I can't seem to find a solution to, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has had similar problems.
The main pivot rattles a lot while riding or when I lift the rear wheel off the saddle and drop it back on the ground.
So far I've replaced the bearings and bushing, tightened everything to the required torque, but it's still there. I can also feel a little play when I hold the main pivot and lift the wheel up and down.
Is there anything to fix this problem?
I would appreciate any suggestions for a solution.
Cheers

Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 11:06 Quote
GigaInTheAlps wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a Nukeproof Giga 275 and I've really enjoyed it over the last couple of years, but there's a problem that I can't seem to find a solution to, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has had similar problems.
The main pivot rattles a lot while riding or when I lift the rear wheel off the saddle and drop it back on the ground.
So far I've replaced the bearings and bushing, tightened everything to the required torque, but it's still there. I can also feel a little play when I hold the main pivot and lift the wheel up and down.
Cheers

Maybe it's one of the two shockbolts ratling inside the mounting hardware.

Posted: Feb 9, 2024 at 10:47 Quote
GenesiZ wrote:
GigaInTheAlps wrote:
Hi everyone,
Cheers

Maybe it's one of the two shockbolts ratling inside the mounting hardware.

No unfortunately not. I might dump some more grease between the main pivot screw and the bushing.
Thanks anyway.

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 7:41 Quote
If you have a 8x30 fox bearing kit that came stock on the x2, that is the problem. Pull it off with some channel locks and throw it in trash(fox tool is $110 (lick my balls fox)and get a regular 8x30 reducer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029140
Mobile Version of Website