2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 3:21 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:

Be careful with the direct mount cranks sets because they are almost all for boost spacing. Is your bike boost in the rear?

They do different chainrings for boost and non boost spacings for direct mount, of you're buying cranks most will specify the spacing size if it's fixed.

Posted: Dec 18, 2022 at 22:41 Quote
wonkle wrote:
downhiller900sl wrote:

Be careful with the direct mount cranks sets because they are almost all for boost spacing. Is your bike boost in the rear?

They do different chainrings for boost and non boost spacings for direct mount, of you're buying cranks most will specify the spacing size if it's fixed.

That was what I was pointing out. Most direct mount chainrings are for boost. He will have to look closely for a 6mm offset if his rear spacing is not boost, which I doubt being a 2019 MY Reign

Posted: Dec 24, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
hello
anyone tried 29 front wheel on the 27.5 frame?
i'm considering to do that but want some feedback first

Posted: Dec 24, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
jonasdh wrote:
hello

photo

photo

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/ka81,40454/setup,35470

Posted: Dec 24, 2022 at 18:53 Quote
any downside in your opinion?

Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
jonasdh wrote:
None! Litterally none!
Rolling - muuuuch better. Diving into oblivion with roots and rocks - more comfortable, confident, smooth. In corners - well, there IS a difference, but not in bad point, it's just different and you just need to get used to it. Jumping (and landing first of all) - again, just get used to it (to more weight at bike's front).

So, for 10000% it was a great and usefull move to get 29' fork and wheel for our 'old' Reign.

But, I didn't just go and buy new components. First, I asked my friend to give me his fork (Fox 36) and wheel (also smth not cheap) (both were in a very good shape - it's important) and I used it for a couple of weeks.

As for components - I went to classic opinion that new 29 fork (for homemade mullet) 'must' be the same travel as stock 27.5.

p.s. Going up - I don't know, I walk ))

Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
ka81 wrote:
jonasdh wrote:
None! Litterally none!
Rolling - muuuuch better. Diving into oblivion with roots and rocks - more comfortable, confident, smooth. In corners - well, there IS a difference, but not in bad point, it's just different and you just need to get used to it. Jumping (and landing first of all) - again, just get used to it (to more weight at bike's front).

So, for 10000% it was a great and usefull move to get 29' fork and wheel for our 'old' Reign.

But, I didn't just go and buy new components. First, I asked my friend to give me his fork (Fox 36) and wheel (also smth not cheap) (both were in a very good shape - it's important) and I used it for a couple of weeks.

As for components - I went to classic opinion that new 29 fork (for homemade mullet) 'must' be the same travel as stock 27.5.

p.s. Going up - I don't know, I walk ))

thanks a lot Smile

Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 13:57 Quote
ka81 wrote:

photo

bearings

just in case:

Giant Reign bearings and torque specs

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 6:15 Quote
ka81 wrote:
jonasdh wrote:
hello

photo

photo

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/ka81,40454/setup,35470

I am trying to change my stock rear shock for a Marzocchi CR but o have doubts due to the size of the eyelet and the 15mm diameter of the bottom screw. Any recommendation in this regard? thank you

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 7:46 Quote
karles00 wrote:

I am trying to change my stock rear shock for a Marzocchi CR but o have doubts due to the size of the eyelet and the 15mm diameter of the bottom screw. Any recommendation in this regard? thank you

It is a regular eyelet, but with a bushing removed. So you will only need a bushing in the upper one.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 9:24 Quote
karles00 wrote:
uhmm.. what's seems to be a problem?..

Posted: Feb 20, 2023 at 18:04 Quote
Hi guys!

I have a 2017 Reign. Want to ask if you have heard of or know if I can swap the rear triangle with a 2018/2019 Reign?
I'm willing to replace the rocker arm as well if it's required.

Reason - I want a boost rear end, and a 205 shock is easier to get than a 200.

Thanks!!

Posted: Feb 23, 2023 at 5:32 Quote
rimaloi wrote:
Hi guys!

I have a 2017 Reign. Want to ask if you have heard of or know if I can swap the rear triangle with a 2018/2019 Reign?
I'm willing to replace the rocker arm as well if it's required.

Reason - I want a boost rear end, and a 205 shock is easier to get than a 200.

Thanks!!

Absolutely not!)))

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 1:33 Quote
The mechanic told me I have to replace the brake rotors. He'd charge me €30 for each rotor, which after a quick search online seems a bit steep. Can anyone tell me which rotors to buy? Which specs do I have to pay attention to? The rear rotor says "Avid 180mm hs1" and "ta 21 mar 14". The front one is Shimano and looks like it has a bigger diameter.
Giant Reign 2016, brakes are Shimano Br-M615. I live in Europe.

Thanks Smile

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 6:19 Quote
Nasopanic wrote:
The mechanic told me I have to replace the brake rotors. He'd charge me €30 for each rotor, which after a quick search online seems a bit steep. Can anyone tell me which rotors to buy? Which specs do I have to pay attention to? The rear rotor says "Avid 180mm hs1" and "ta 21 mar 14". The front one is Shimano and looks like it has a bigger diameter.
Giant Reign 2016, brakes are Shimano Br-M615. I live in Europe.

Thanks Smile
Rear - https://www.bike24.com/cycling/parts/bike-brakes/disc-brake-rotors?dynamicAttributes%5B1341%5D%5B0%5D=6278&searchTerm=&sort=price_asc
Any 180 rotor with 6-bolt (IF your hub is 6-bolt and not CenterLock)

Front - https://www.bike24.com/cycling/parts/bike-brakes/disc-brake-rotors?dynamicAttributes%5B1341%5D%5B6279%5D=6279&searchTerm=&sort=price_asc
Any 203 rotor with 6-bolt (IF your hub is 6-bolt and not CenterLock)
Front is 203 or 200, you should see the signature on your current rotor. I bet it's 203.

As for particular rotors - depends on your wallet.
I'd suggest SwissTop or Galfer Wave Floating or Magura MDR-P

P.S. 30 euros per rotor ? Where do you live? I'm moving there!! ))

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025006
Mobile Version of Website