2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 10:51 Quote
ka81 wrote:

P.S. 30 euros per rotor ? Where do you live? I'm moving there!! ))

Thank you for the heads-up, I'll see what I find online then. It's a small store in Innsbruck - definitely not a cheap city, maybe they're just particularly honest, or they were thinking about selling me cheap stuff.

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 13:42 Quote
Nasopanic wrote:
It's a small store in Innsbruck - definitely not a cheap city, maybe they're just particularly honest, or they were thinking about selling me cheap stuff.
I meant, for 30 euros I guess I could swap both rotors and maybe make some tost with salami for client.. ))

There are literally 6 bolts to undo and ... done.

Posted: Mar 11, 2023 at 2:18 Quote
ka81 wrote:
I meant, for 30 euros I guess I could swap both rotors and maybe make some tost with salami for client.. ))

Ah ah ok, I see what you mean now. Maybe the sandwich was included, who knows Smile
I think I'll do the whole thing myself then.

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 13:23 Quote
Nasopanic wrote:
ka81 wrote:

Ah ah ok, I see what you mean now. Maybe the sandwich was included, who knows Smile
I think I'll do the whole thing myself then.
May I ask you, please:
Could you ask that bike shop - how much would the shock full service cost? For example Fox X2.
Just out of curiousity.. )

Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 1:36 Quote
Anyone have a Giant Reign 2018 size medium with a OneUp V2 180, or a PNW Loam 150 or 170?
Can you slam these fully in, can you let me know how much is sticking out, do you have a photo?

Thanks so much!

I am trying to figure out the perfect fitting dropper for my 2020 Giant Reign, Medium, Carbon.

I need 207mm from bottom of the collar to seat rail, and when measured the max insertion on the frame is 230. Surprisingly though t I ordered a OneUp V2 150 and it fully slams even though it says max insertion is 137. Now before ordering a whole bunch of option I am hoping someone can help!

Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 6:27 Quote
tristanhobson wrote:
Anyone have a Giant Reign 2018 size medium !
just in case - https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=200132

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 13:38 Quote
tristanhobson wrote:
Anyone have a Giant Reign 2018 size medium with a OneUp V2 180, or a PNW Loam 150 or 170?
Can you slam these fully in, can you let me know how much is sticking out, do you have a photo?

Thanks so much!

I am trying to figure out the perfect fitting dropper for my 2020 Giant Reign, Medium, Carbon.

I need 207mm from bottom of the collar to seat rail, and when measured the max insertion on the frame is 230. Surprisingly though t I ordered a OneUp V2 150 and it fully slams even though it says max insertion is 137. Now before ordering a whole bunch of option I am hoping someone can help!

I have a Gen 3 PNW Rainier 170mm on a 2020 medium and it has 1 1/4” between seatpost collar and clamps. For what it’s worth anyway.

Posted: Apr 17, 2023 at 3:01 Quote
kroegs wrote:
tristanhobson wrote:

Thanks so much!

I have a Gen 3 PNW Rainier 170mm on a 2020 medium and it has 1 1/4” between seatpost collar and clamps. For what it’s worth anyway.

That is great a start for getting a better idea of what might work. Thanks!

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 13:52 Quote
Probably correct but you never know

Incase anyone is looking for 2021 reign bearing sizes. Probably correct, no promises! I will probably just buy normal 2RS coded bearings off aliexpress myself. The bearings supplied are low friction high speed type, cant see there being a big difference.

Posted: May 14, 2023 at 1:09 Quote
bran-don wrote:
Probably correct but you never know

Incase anyone is looking for 2021 reign bearing sizes. Probably correct, no promises! I will probably just buy normal 2RS coded bearings off aliexpress myself. The bearings supplied are low friction high speed type, cant see there being a big difference.

2rs means double plastic sealing. You have to buy full compliment bearings (bearings with no ball cage, full of balls) I've used normal Chinese 2RS bearings on my 2015 reign. And after a month of use, they exploded on me while riding. Broke the main rocker bolt, scraped all the paint where the rocker, main triangle and rear triangle meet. At least it was not catastrophic.

I do not recommend. You'll be better off buying the bearing/pivot bolt kits from giant. They are not that expensive

Posted: Jun 4, 2023 at 17:37 Quote
Hey team,

Thoughts on a 205mm x 60mm Rockshox Super Delux + on a 2016 reign? Current shock (standard I think) is 200 x 57... Thanks!

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 5:23 Quote
EamonnLowe wrote:
Hey team,

Thoughts on a 205mm x 60mm Rockshox Super Delux + on a 2016 reign? Current shock (standard I think) is 200 x 57... Thanks!
5mm longer. Will not fit

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2023 at 5:09 Quote
so I need a replacement rocker link and cant find one for my 2015 reign 1, I can however find one for a slightly later model. https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-2017-Reign-Advanced-1-Rocker-Arm-Set--Shock-GS0312--1280GS034F01O1/product_detail/3-46075 I'm not bothered about colour matching but I'm not sure if they changed anything on them or if I can just fit this one as a replacement.

Posted: Jul 31, 2023 at 11:00 Quote
Thinking of upgrading parts or just upgrading bikes all together.

I have a 16 reign advance 1 large with some upgrades but stock suspension. Really finding the rear shock just doesn't get the job done even with bands in it. Front fork is fine but more travel would be better. Worth it to grab a used 170-180mm fork, and a coil rear shock or should I just sell the bike and move to a bigger travel bike? Overall I do like the bike.

Posted: Jul 31, 2023 at 12:45 Quote
yotaismygame wrote:
Thinking of upgrading parts or just upgrading bikes all together.

I have a 16 reign advance 1 large with some upgrades but stock suspension. Really finding the rear shock just doesn't get the job done even with bands in it. Front fork is fine but more travel would be better. Worth it to grab a used 170-180mm fork, and a coil rear shock or should I just sell the bike and move to a bigger travel bike? Overall I do like the bike.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017319
Mobile Version of Website