Powered by Outside

University Students thread - All lazy student types welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
University Students thread - All lazy student types welcome!
Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 2:45 Quote
yep, on placement but definitely so game! Hopefully they won't f*ck it up this year...

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 5:00 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
yep, on placement but definitely so game! Hopefully they won't f*ck it up this year...
thought you might be!

at least we have a vague idea where its going to be and we still have a couple of months to sort it!

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 6:41 Quote
Yeah i'm only about 20minutes away and its my local at uni.

Do you need to have a valid cycling club to join? Ours isn't official till next year.

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 6:44 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
Yeah i'm only about 20minutes away and its my local at uni.

Do you need to have a valid cycling club to join? Ours isn't official till next year.

Speak to the "Sports People" at your Student Union/University. They should be able to advise you/provide appropriate application forms on entering BUCS events.

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 6:46 Quote
Does having a NUS card help in it at all?

Can prove that i'm at the uni etc

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 6:52 Quote
I think your Uni has to enter a team*. However this doesn't mean you need a club, you just need to apply using the correct paperwork - which will probably need to go through the organisation at your uni which deals with BUCS events.

* this could be a single rider if necessary

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 9:12 Quote
I think spoony has the gist of it, but I'm not sure on the process either. NUS membership is irrelevant, Southampton aren't affiliated with the NUS and have had no issues.

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 12:28 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
I think your Uni has to enter a team*. However this doesn't mean you need a club, you just need to apply using the correct paperwork - which will probably need to go through the organisation at your uni which deals with BUCS events.

* this could be a single rider if necessary
your Athletic Union (what its called at most uni's) will be able to contact bucs and have you registered, I'm pretty sure we did it online last year as I got roped into helping with it!

its pretty simple, but, as spoony said, best to speak to whoever organises sports at your uni!

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 12:54 Quote
anyone got any pics from this years bucs? so far ive managed to evade nearly ever camera

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 12:58 Quote
I should probably unsubscribe to this thread on account of having graduated.

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
I suppose. I just started earlier than ya'll

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 13:32 Quote
2 more years for me yet. I just finished my last exam of the year this morning.

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 14:14 Quote
I'd do the same but i started this thread....

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 11:10 Quote
Video of BUCS, lemme know what you think! Smile

Views: 1,207    Faves: 13    Comments: 4

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011959
Mobile Version of Website