Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 21:18 Quote
Hey guys, we are just doing some of the foundation work for the project, will get back to you all soon.

-Toby

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 18:58 Quote
so whats happening ? im gettin stoked to film Big Grin i already talked to the riders and thar down, two riders, jump trains, Opening day on Mt. Washington, and a train down some local trails !

O+
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 13:40 Quote
hey, guys seems to me like this project has lost some momentum. have we decided yet on whos editing?

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
high-voltage-films wrote:
hey, guys seems to me like this project has lost some momentum. have we decided yet on whos editing?
that or they left us out Frown but yea, how can they scratch a Vancouver island segment ?

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 16:34 Quote
Yea I'm really lookin forward for this! we need to get this going!

O+
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 17:55 Quote
hey, I'd really like to part of this project. is there room? i could do a Bay Area/ Santa Cruz area segment. we have a few pros and many many younger, talented riders. im also going to northstar(which im sure shasta productions will have covered) but i can also do a little SGC/Whistler part

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 17:59 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
is there room? i could do a Bay Area/ Santa Cruz area segment. we have a few pros and many many younger, talented riders.
yeahhhhhhh...

O+
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 18:06 Quote
teamshred wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:
is there room? i could do a Bay Area/ Santa Cruz area segment. we have a few pros and many many younger, talented riders.
yeahhhhhhh...
haha epic trail poaching! edit: your a random in this thread. look, i understand where you are coming from with your "no valleys/no dig no ride" theory, but it needs to chill(most santa cruz people). i believe that when its places like Cobs yard or unfinished trails but if you build it, people will come. im only talking about Z's, the trick step up, and some UCSC.. just to throw in

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
We're still deciding who's in and who isn't, so please nobody automatically assume who's doing what. kiwihardtrail, Shasta, and myself are trying to get things organised, and unfortunately due to organisational issues we obviously can't accept everyone.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 18:54 Quote
ok, after reading 7 pages of this, i understand whats going on now. id like to "apply" for a segment. my bike is going to be out of comission for a bit so i can definetly film. for my :2cent: on the editing and format is: everyone edits their own segment to the song of their choice(must get permission/rights). one person with super nice editing does colors and titles/intro/credits. format wise, .MOV, 24fps NTSC. (national television standar comitee for those who dont know, the difference between NTSC and PAL is the first uses 29.97fps and the second uses 30fps. european countries use PAL and most of the rest of the world uses NTSC. This will not make a noticeable difference.. besides if we are using sound.)

Disipline: FR and DH
Trail Type: big gaps, drops, flowy, trickable jumps for FR. super techy, fast, single track DH
Rider Name and Experience: Will Scharninghausen who rides for Transition, Mike's Bikes, and Team Sav. Nick Aguilar doesn't ride for anyone.. yet

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 4:49 Quote
You guys are taking this way to serious. In fact, most of you take everything way too serious. None of you are doing this professionally yet, so just enjoy it. You'll get plenty of time to sound professional when you're in the industry, until then, chillout and don't take anything too extreme.

Lets just all do our own thing. Everyone who wants to put a segment in, film one. Then upload a high-res version onto a vimeo that we all know the password too, make it private so we can all see it, then we can decide who's segments are best.

SpikeX. with all due respect this was Sam's idea, and as far as i'm concerned, he gets to decide what goes on, not you, Shasta or Kiwihardtail.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 5:01 Quote
Actually, it was kiwihardtail's idea as far as I'm concerned. Here is the first post on the subject, at the bottom.

The segments idea isn't the best, because people will be majorly disappointed if they spent weeks on their section only for it to be rejected. We wouldn't know who's filming what, where, and it wouldn't fit together if we don't know that.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 5:04 Quote
timlake wrote:
You guys are taking this way to serious. In fact, most of you take everything way too serious. None of you are doing this professionally yet, so just enjoy it. You'll get plenty of time to sound professional when you're in the industry, until then, chillout and don't take anything too extreme.

Lets just all do our own thing. Everyone who wants to put a segment in, film one. Then upload a high-res version onto a vimeo that we all know the password too, make it private so we can all see it, then we can decide who's segments are best.

SpikeX. with all due respect this was Sam's idea, and as far as i'm concerned, he gets to decide what goes on, not you, Shasta or Kiwihardtail.
tbf it was more kiwihardtails idea, I just made the thread, I actually think that this idea of uploading to vimeo with a password and chosing the best segments is definitely the best idea so far. That way we don't end up with a good film and then some bad segment that ruins it.

and yeah have fun, I'm going out next week to film a video FOR FUN, wow, not for spawzorz or for "my company", just for fun.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 5:07 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Actually, it was kiwihardtail's idea as far as I'm concerned. Here is the first post on the subject, at the bottom.

The segments idea isn't the best, because people will be majorly disappointed if they spent weeks on their section only for it to be rejected. We wouldn't know who's filming what, where, and it wouldn't fit together if we don't know that.
How about you tell the people straight up who aren't going to be in the film now then, we can't string people along for ever then crush their hopes at the end by preventing them from filming, at least with this idea the segments that don't make the cut are going to be really good videos that the filmers can be proud of.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 5:10 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

How about you tell the people straight up who aren't going to be in the film now then, we can't string people along for ever then crush their hopes at the end by preventing them from filming, at least with this idea the segments that don't make the cut are going to be really good videos that the filmers can be proud of.

Because I don't know who's in it or not, nor is it solely my decision to make.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.473541
Mobile Version of Website