Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:42 Quote
Horseshoe had been letting us down in the events department. None the less it's still a good place to ride and I'll be there on sunday. Hopefully next season will be even better.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
Horseshoe had been letting us down in the events department. None the less it's still a good place to ride and I'll be there on sunday. Hopefully next season will be even better.

No kidding. 2011 should bring some changes including a weekly series + hopefully some kind of an event every month

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:50 Quote
A weekly series would be useless to me because I'm an hour and a half a way but for your locals that would be a great way to build up a good following. Monthly events sounds like a good idea too.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
any word on if there will be pre-season discount passes like Blue does?

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 15:34 Quote
EMSbyDay wrote:
any word on if there will be pre-season discount passes like Blue does?

too early to tell at this point - im sure they will do something though

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 15:53 Quote
screw the discount ..they need the #'s more they pull in the better it is for us ..

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
Season passes are important though, if its cheap enough to sway me to get a pass, they have my seasons money whether I come or not. If I dont have a pass everytime I think about making the drive up I have to sit there and think "Do I really wanna drive up and spend X dollars for a few hours???"

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 16:05 Quote
awya14 wrote:
screw the discount ..they need the #'s more they pull in the better it is for us ..

That's true. The passes are already pretty cheap (we had them for 129.99) Which would make it the cheapest bike park around...Strong seasons pass sales = better chance of survival

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 16:36 Quote
thats what im sayin...id even pitch in 20-30hrs of trail work n top of buyin a pass

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 16:48 Quote
awya14 wrote:
thats what im sayin...id even pitch in 20-30hrs of trail work n top of buyin a pass
me too

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 16:50 Quote
It sucks that they changed the closing date last second, I was planning on getting up there next weekend. Hopefully I'll still be able to get up and ride at some point this weekend

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 18:29 Quote
My first trip in Canada, went to Horseshoe 4 times, had lots of FUN riding there, was just awesome! (bent my crankarm and pedal there too!Smile ). Now time to go backhome.
Cheers to all the trail builders who did an amazing job and to all the local riders! Beer

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
season passes are kind of like a short term income. the sales of day tickets (and rentals in some cases) is where a good portion of the money can be made. i say that because if you compare the number of day tickets the season pass is worth you can pay for it in x number of rides.. know what im saying.

for a 1st year "the shoe" did pretty damn good as far as trails go and quality there builds. shame that the final weekend got cut.. but hey business is business.

sometimes its better to go out on top and keep the flame going for the years to come

good job guys

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
This may have a bit to do with the fact that they have forecasted a possibility of snow as soon as the 31st. Not enough snow to open the slopes, but enough to f*ck up their prep time if they don't close early. 2 cents

Still suxxorz though.

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 6:10 Quote
How is Horseshoe with the rain? Want to make it up on Sunday and some rain is forecast. Do they generally stay open?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026783
Mobile Version of Website