What to choose

PB Forum :: 29ers
What to choose
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 20:55 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
should try gr-9s then, my wellgo LU-964 pedals dont leeve a groove, there wide and grippy, comfy to

edit: just found this pic, mine dont look anywhere near this bad, but some how my shoes always last ages
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royalport/4982408765/

My shoes get much worse than that! I've worn all the way through in places before.

I've been using my sylvan pedals for about three years, they really don't wear your shoes that fast but it's still annoying, depending on the stiffness of your shoes you can start to feel pressure from the ridge on long rides.

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 22:31 Quote
wow what gr-9 love.

does MKS have a web site. i have looked but no luck.

i like those origin 8 pedals because they are not biased. there two sided,i could run clips and straps or just straps.

finding pedals should not be this hard.

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 at 13:17 Quote
swick wrote:

finding pedals should not be this hard.

to right, really is a pain in the ass! same with shoes

thought about bmx pedals? like odyssey twisted pc, would be really comfy and its possible to put clips on them, then obvius hold fast style straps if you wanted

and with mks sylvans i find stiff shoes help obviously but when its stiff because of foam style stuff they dig right in! when they are stiff because of thick rubber(like vans era) then they are more bearable

tried some ones addidas gazzelle shoes to and they seemed good on sylvans to Smile

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 at 21:07 Quote
the pedals have been put on the back burner. i know of a killer deal on straps and odyssey pedals for less the 50 buck shipped.

i also rebuilt the bb today. so smooth now. im really happy that i was able to do that.

tomorrow will be rebuilding the stem and hubs.

if any body is in fresno, ca. hit up the fresno bike kitchen. really good group you people running it and is very willing to help out.

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 at 21:31 Quote
snazzy, i have to rebuild a BB tomoro, never done it before! hope i do it right Razz

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
it was easier then i though. no time at all i had it all apart, cleaned, regressed, and back together.

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 at 21:53 Quote
mine took about n hour to get out! got another pretty much the same but less wear so ill clean that up like new and hopefully get it in right and ride the bike without sounding like a old wooden chair

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 at 22:08 Quote
after i rebuilt the bb. i rode the bike for about 10 miles. i do have some noise from that area but i could be just the drive train. i had the noise before the rebuild as well. i will ask my mentor tomorrow about it.

Posted: Dec 31, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
the stem and hubs are rebuilt. rides so nice. i did find that the lower stem bearing has some pitting. so that will be replaced when i get a chance. i also found that the rear axle is bent a little. that will be replaced when i get the wheels trued.

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 at 4:02 Quote
thought you didn't know much about bikes Razz your doing all the stuff most bikes shops dont even do

my BB on my conversion had some major pitting, looked like cracked chrome paint in there!

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 at 18:39 Quote
i don't know much about bikes but i do know mechanics. rebuilding bearings is all the same no matter how big or small. i can say i have no clue on how to true wheels.

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 at 18:46 Quote
defonety do know a lot about mechanics, means you can understand how stuff works way better than just a dude buying a bike

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 23:19 Quote
scored some red on black samba's for the feet. comfy. got them for 30 bucks new.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 9:03 Quote
nice one! cose pedals yet?

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 23:25 Quote
no not yet. will be holding off untill school starts.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033600
Mobile Version of Website