Powered by Outside

Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)

PB Forum :: USA - East
Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)
Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 1:36 Quote
shuler11b wrote:
CurtDB wrote:
Santos Vortex trail is a nice all-mountian trail. We have a nice Freeride and Dirt jump area in the Vortex too, if you're into that sort of thing. -Miles

For sure! I ride a lot of aggressive all mountain and hit up whiteface bike park all summer. I'll definitely be checking that out. Do you have to pay entrance fees to the state parks down there or is it just free to come and go as you please?
its free ,

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 1:38 Quote
suddeth39 wrote:
shuler11b wrote:
CurtDB wrote:
Santos Vortex trail is a nice all-mountian trail. We have a nice Freeride and Dirt jump area in the Vortex too, if you're into that sort of thing. -Miles

For sure! I ride a lot of aggressive all mountain and hit up whiteface bike park all summer. I'll definitely be checking that out. Do you have to pay entrance fees to the state parks down there or is it just free to come and go as you please?
its free ,
try to hook up with curtdb he kills it.

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 17:27 Quote
Hey Mike, it was good seeing you at Soldiers Creek, and thanks for showing "Highlands", just another something-something to hit up while visiting that area. I wish had a bit more energy at that time we hooked up, we started riding there around 9am and I was zapped on energy, plus my wife is a bit on the slower side and less aggressive side of riding. I just wanted to make sure she was good, cause' her chain was dropping a lotl, and around 2pm, for some odd reason, her steerer nearly seized up.

Anyways, thanks bro for the shred and hopefully soon we will hook up with Jimmy at Cottons Trail. I have to find his number around here first...lol

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 17:32 Quote
shuler11b wrote:
CurtDB wrote:

Yeah man, just as "Suddeth' (Mike) posted, hook up with 'CurtDB' (Miles), Ronnie, Joe, Broc, TJ, and gang and they will show you around & shred with you man. They are an awesome bunch of riders and are very cool bro's.

Yes, it is all FREE bro!

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 1:38 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
Hey Mike, it was good seeing you at Soldiers Creek, and thanks for showing "Highlands", just another something-something to hit up while visiting that area. I wish had a bit more energy at that time we hooked up, we started riding there around 9am and I was zapped on energy, plus my wife is a bit on the slower side and less aggressive side of riding. I just wanted to make sure she was good, cause' her chain was dropping a lotl, and around 2pm, for some odd reason, her steerer nearly seized up.

Anyways, thanks bro for the shred and hopefully soon we will hook up with Jimmy at Cottons Trail. I have to find his number around here first...lol
right on.

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 7:17 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
shuler11b wrote:
CurtDB wrote:

Yeah man, just as "Suddeth' (Mike) posted, hook up with 'CurtDB' (Miles), Ronnie, Joe, Broc, TJ, and gang and they will show you around & shred with you man. They are an awesome bunch of riders and are very cool bro's.

Yes, it is all FREE bro!
Sweet public land is hard to come by here in NY to I end up paying for whieface more than I probably should have lol. I'll see if I can hook up with them mid-December I need to get my apartment and VA appointments set up before I start doing any riding.

Posted: Jan 9, 2013 at 2:14 Quote
GWINS on a demo 8.

Posted: Jan 9, 2013 at 4:23 Quote
suddeth39 wrote:
GWINS on a demo 8.
Yeah man, feels odd seeing him on a Spesh instead of a Trek. I say hell ya, I would take a Spesh over a Trek, though those Sessions are HOT..Drool

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 at 1:42 Quote
big bikes santos saturday

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 at 3:42 Quote
suddeth39 wrote:
big bikes santos saturday
Hahahaha...I wish I could go bro, but I am home recovering and licking my wounds from bike carnage this past Friday. Really messed up my RT arm pretty good, and RT leg in a immobilizer. They had to do small surgery on my RT elbow area to drain all the blood and water retention that settles in around my elbow to hand.or I would have lost my lower RT arm due to circulation cut off. They stopped the internal bleeding which is good.

Anyways, enough about me...lol You guys have a blast and shred one for me bro....thanks Mike. tup

Posted: Jan 17, 2013 at 3:00 Quote
If anybody is up Pensacola way, stop by the UWF Bike Trails. Some fun FR stuff on the claypit side.

Posted: Jan 17, 2013 at 4:36 Quote
ParabellumShane wrote:
If anybody is up Pensacola way, stop by the UWF Bike Trails. Some fun FR stuff on the claypit side.
Thanks bud! How are the trails as well?

Posted: Jan 19, 2013 at 17:14 Quote
OK, we finally got some serious, and I mean serious progress in sanctioning our beloved local trail, the GFT (GrapeFruit Trail) here in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area. IMBA has finally stepped up and on board with us now, and the City of Palm Bay is working with us to get this Bike Park opened. Now, it will consist of walking trails as well, a parking lot at south side TH, beginner trails to very aggressive FR trails as the old GFT was well known for (very challenging to pro features with easy ways around). The trail itself is well marked now, with many more improvements on the way, and i mean many more. Obviously, all the gaped jumps in the challenging red trails to the pro line area will be tabled or filled in eventually.

After years (since 2004 for me) of working hard building this trail to only see it bull dozed down every 6 months or so, we are in the phase of getting it official and on the map for everyone once more, and as a City of Palm Bay Park. WOOHOO!!!! tup tup tup Beer

We now have an official MTB Club backed up by several LBS's, Brevard County EEL, and the City of Palm Bay, and a host of enthusiastic MTB'rs. Here is the official BMBA (Brevard Mountain Bike Association) site for the GFT (GrapeFruit Trail)...

http://www.ridebmba.org/

For anyone here, and I know there are quite a few, that have shred the GFT before, then come on and give us a helping hand in supporting us, building on the scheduled trail work days, donating, and riding the trails.tup

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 5:01 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
ParabellumShane wrote:

XC trails are pretty good. Around 30 miles w/ lots of ups & downs through old logging chutes & such. Around 250' of elevation on that side. We have a few speedy little flow type trails w/ kickers & berms. Tried to utilize every bit of elevation we could to get the most out of them. Lots of ladders to step downs or roll in on sheer walls. Then there's 2 main claypits w/a number of short lines, drops & kickers. Every Sunday the Dirt Devil FR Crew (about 7 core members & 10 or so affiliates...) meets at the FR trails for a BBQ & all day ride. Usually about 10 of us, or more, riding on Sundays.

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 5:23 Quote
ParabellumShane wrote:
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
ParabellumShane wrote:

XC trails are pretty good. Around 30 miles w/ lots of ups & downs through old logging chutes & such. Around 250' of elevation on that side. We have a few speedy little flow type trails w/ kickers & berms. Tried to utilize every bit of elevation we could to get the most out of them. Lots of ladders to step downs or roll in on sheer walls. Then there's 2 main claypits w/a number of short lines, drops & kickers. Every Sunday the Dirt Devil FR Crew (about 7 core members & 10 or so affiliates...) meets at the FR trails for a BBQ & all day ride. Usually about 10 of us, or more, riding on Sundays.

Dude, that is so awesome!!! Glad to know one more to hit up when we are up at Tom Brown. Thanks again for sharing that awesome info. Sounds like a trail or FR pit I could spend all day...Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045965
Mobile Version of Website