PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Advanced Videographer Group
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 15:19 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
https://vimeo.com/31275308
Pass is: love

Try not to hate to much lol

DID YOU SHOOT SUPA FLAT? SICK DYNAMIC RANGE FOR BROAD DAYLIGHT

Mind flow/continuity of direction the rider is going. You need to flip :12. WB shift at the last warmer shots.

I wish you waited until you put some music on it now it's kind of ruined for me because now it's the guessing game as to what song (or hippy techno music) you'll choose.

Looked sweet though!

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 15:28 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
joram-adams wrote:
https://vimeo.com/31275308
Pass is: love

Try not to hate to much lol

DID YOU SHOOT SUPA FLAT? SICK DYNAMIC RANGE FOR BROAD DAYLIGHT

Mind flow/continuity of direction the rider is going. You need to flip :12. WB shift at the last warmer shots.

I wish you waited until you put some music on it now it's kind of ruined for me because now it's the guessing game as to what song (or hippy techno music) you'll choose.

Looked sweet though!
Cheers Stu! I shot in neutral picture style and exposed it to the fore ground (first shot) and not until later did I realise that the sky was way blown out so I had to pull the gamma and the whites down. I like the flat white look though. I need to use custom wb more cause I tend to just use the in camera settings. One of the 550d downfalls. Absolutly no hippy techno music! I'm into real musics my man Jailbreak

It's all pretty much sooc apart from the first shot too. I'm going to start filming in cinestyle after this though because I perfer the adjustment that picture style doesn't wash out all the skin colors etc.

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 19:38 Quote
Back from pretty much one of the sickest weeks of my life

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 19:53 Quote
^^^ sounds like this chap is full of stoked

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 1:59 Quote
gee-milner wrote:
Back from pretty much one of the sickest weeks of my life

Sick, looking forward to seeing the footage.

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 2:52 Quote
only one crash was had all week, and everything went sweet except for the stupid weather which rained a couple of days, the first day I've honestly never seen rain as heavy.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 9:19 Quote
so ima be doing some voiceovers for some product videos for my dad, and i was wondering which mic u guys think is better, the one on my t2i or the one on my dell inspiron?

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 9:37 Quote
natewynanscreations wrote:
so ima be doing some voiceovers for some product videos for my dad, and i was wondering which mic u guys think is better, the one on my t2i or the one on my dell inspiron?

Oh damn.

The 2ti would be better. I've never been able to use anything mic-wise on a PC laptop getting the audio recording to sound good.

Best thing is to record him with the 2ti at close proximity that way it'll pic up as much bass as possible (like, put it right under his chin). Then in post tweek the EQ until you like what you hear.

Also keep in mind where it will be heard. Try to make sure your music and VO mix works well on both laptop speakers, 3" drivers, and if possible, on a large home stereo turned up pretty loud that would replicate an audiotorium.

Prioritize the VO over the music. Last thing you want is not having your message get accros.

Hint: voice is best noticible at 5kHz, so with the music mix, turn down that frequency range on the music.

You will need to do some tests, but they're not hard to do.

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 10:16 Quote
so a 'friend' of mine keeps making edits out of my footage (and i know my edits aren't great) but his edits of my edits are just a joke, the quality is dire and the editing is sub par. what do i do? I don't wanna fall out with the guy but the videos are almost as if I don't want him to put my name anywhere in the videos (he always says the footage is mine) and i feel borderline embarressed about the end result. help meh out

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 10:29 Quote
elliot-graham wrote:
so a 'friend' of mine keeps making edits out of my footage (and i know my edits aren't great) but his edits of my edits are just a joke, the quality is dire and the editing is sub par. what do i do? I don't wanna fall out with the guy but the videos are almost as if I don't want him to put my name anywhere in the videos (he always says the footage is mine) and i feel borderline embarressed about the end result. help meh out

I was about to say something but it's easier said than done. I've fortunatly had nobody do that to me.

That must be a weird feeling, watching your own footage be put together badly. I've had that happen with student projects, where I shoot it and have a certain rythm, then the editor just wrecks it.

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 10:31 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
elliot-graham wrote:

I was about to say something but it's easier said than done. I've fortunatly had nobody do that to me.

That must be a weird feeling, watching your own footage be put together badly. I've had that happen with student projects, where I shoot it and have a certain rythm, then the editor just wrecks it.

the more annoying thing is he has no idea of framerates or resolutions and so the footage looks like it's been shot off a phone. I reported the videos to pinkbike to no avail and i dont know whether to just say go ahead and use my stuff but make it in no way link to me (or to a further extent the riders who just find it embarressing for them) or whether to just keep asking for him to delete them

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 10:53 Quote
Wait, he's just some friend, who isn't any of the riders you film/ride with?

That's lame.

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 11:01 Quote
he rides with us occasionally but he's like from the younger group. if you imagine the younger group at some tracks who'll build little shitty kickers all over the place and make terrible videos (basically what we did a few years earlier) then thats him

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 11:06 Quote
I lol'd hard at the shitty little kickers part.

If he's younger than you then he'll look up to you no matter what you say. If you tell him to buy his own camera, he may just do that.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 16:07 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
natewynanscreations wrote:

Oh damn.

The 2ti would be better. I've never been able to use anything mic-wise on a PC laptop getting the audio recording to sound good.

Best thing is to record him with the 2ti at close proximity that way it'll pic up as much bass as possible (like, put it right under his chin). Then in post tweek the EQ until you like what you hear.

Also keep in mind where it will be heard. Try to make sure your music and VO mix works well on both laptop speakers, 3" drivers, and if possible, on a large home stereo turned up pretty loud that would replicate an audiotorium.

Prioritize the VO over the music. Last thing you want is not having your message get accros.

Hint: voice is best noticible at 5kHz, so with the music mix, turn down that frequency range on the music.

You will need to do some tests, but they're not hard to do.
alright thx stu. the vids are just gonna be on the interwebz and a tv in our furniture store. basically its gonna be a weekly product review, and that product will be on sale. so yeah, maybe have the first one up monday.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028640
Mobile Version of Website