24's or 26's?

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 4:08 Quote
There are for different things so its gay to compare them...

Although Solid 26"s will do dirt jumps except 24" won't do XC or FreeRide

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 4:09 Quote
Can anyone come up with a genuine reason as to why 26" are better, I don't think calling 24" gay is a valid point.

The people with 24" have already explained the advantages of 24", unless someone can come up with any real advantages for 26" I can't see that there is any point in having this discussion.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
Yeh

26" is bigger so they tell go futher with 1 pedal stroke

So for XC and FreeRide is it easier to climb or go on longer distance runs

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 4:14 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Yeh

thats true but we're talking about dirtjumping.

lew02 wats ur fuken problem?? u cant properly compare a 26 to a 24.... its just an opinion of what u think feels better. 24 isn't better than 26 and 26 isn't better than 24.
they both have ther advantages and disadvantages, like 26 is better for downhill and 24 is better for street.

Gaz6R4 wrote:
Yeh

Have you ever heard of gears?

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 4:18 Quote
riidekona wrote:
lew02 wats ur fuken problem?? u cant properly compare a 26 to a 24.... its just an opinion of what u think feels better. 24 isn't better than 26 and 26 isn't better than 24.
they both have ther advantages and disadvantages, like 26 is better for downhill and 24 is better for street.

thats exactly what im saying, 26" is best suited for everything but dirtjumping. Sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 4:18 Quote
riidekona wrote:

this topic is about trails,park and street.

i fully 100% agree that 26" is better for dh, fr and xc as the rolling resistance is less etc... its common sense

just as a smaller whell is common sense better for trails, park and street

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 4:25 Quote
Trailboss-Dan wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Yeh

Have you ever heard of gears?

Wisen Up Toss

Do you know anyone that use 24"s for Xc

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
lew02 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
hahah all 26" riders can say is that 24" is gay.

24" riders can say that 24" Is better in every way and 26 is crap!

yup, 26 suck compared to 24. If you think otherwise im sorry, you're just wrong.
if 26 suck so much why do pros ride them

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 9:59 Quote
ferraridude348 wrote:
lew02 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
hahah all 26" riders can say is that 24" is gay.

24" riders can say that 24" Is better in every way and 26 is crap!

yup, 26 suck compared to 24. If you think otherwise im sorry, you're just wrong.
if 26 suck so much why do pros ride them

because they get paid to, and its the industry. lol, look at a typical ride of a pro at a dirt event. they ride big silly alu frames with 26" wheels and oftenly with gears and full suspension

thats why i find it funny. nowdays its cool to have a bike less suited for the job.

I STILL HAVNT HEARD 1 REAL REASON THAT 26" ARE BETTER THAN 24".....

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 10:41 Quote
From what I've seen it's mainly English people who like 24's which is fine. I think they are stupid. 24" is not a mountain bike, it's a gay.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
From what I've seen it's mainly English people who like 24's which is fine. I think they are stupid. 24" is not a mountain bike, it's a gay.

you're so stupid. still cant give a decent reason for 26" yet?

oh ok....

halo, sun ringle, atomlab, dmr, static,24, 247, agent, banshee, BMW, Curtis, fireye, ID, NS bikes, 243, specialized, Tonic,tioga, flow, dobermann,samoon, schwalbe, maxxis, kenda, THE, KHE,npj, gt, marzocchi,last, nokian, michellin, union street,onza, duncon, revell, spank

hmmm these MTB companies cater for 24" riders. so there you big retard, youve been owned. And these are a few who i could think of and theres probably alot more

just get over it. 26" is shit for dirt/street/park and people who ride big silly wheels are kidding themselves that theyre better despite how they perform worse in every way...

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
First of all i don't give a shit if you like you're 24's. Good for you you're awesome. I think 24's are stupid. I used to have them, they are gay. I don't want to be closer to the ground, I don't want my bike to be less cumbersome, I don't want to deal with little tires.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
First of all i don't give a shit if you like you're 24's. Good for you you're awesome. I think 24's are stupid. I used to have them, they are gay. I don't want to be closer to the ground, I don't want my bike to be less cumbersome, I don't want to deal with little tires.

youre still stupid...

24" frames have higher bbs, so theyll be the same height of the ground. sometimes higher as alot of 24" frames are designed for pegs. also you can get 24" tyres in tons of sizes, i run 2,2 and have ridden 2.4 before
WHY are they stupid? you keep saying it but have no reasons why????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028393
Mobile Version of Website