Powered by Outside

The 650B movement.

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 18:15 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Just an FYI the X-Fusion Vengeance can be modified to run 170mm front travel.
Doen'st have to modified. Comes stock with 170mm

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 12:44 Quote
Kootenaycycle wrote:
The Range carbon is a sweet riding bike. Stiff and slack so fun!!!

You've been on one? Some folks on MTBR and this forum were talking about how the Range alloy didn't have a very stiff rear, but maybe that was due to worn bearings on the earlier models. No idea.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 12:44 Quote
Diegobustillos wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Just an FYI the X-Fusion Vengeance can be modified to run 170mm front travel.
Doen'st have to modified. Comes stock with 170mm

Unless it's on a Range Killer-B

Posted: Jan 9, 2014 at 20:58 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Kootenaycycle wrote:

You've been on one? Some folks on MTBR and this forum were talking about how the Range alloy didn't have a very stiff rear, but maybe that was due to worn bearings on the earlier models. No idea.

Yes and yes. I like the Alloy range and sight, and spent a lot of time on them last summer but was never truly impressed as a bike I would personally run. Both of Carbon bikes are a different story, either one of them could take the place of my Carbon Bronson. VERY STIFF VERY CAPABLE BIKES. The Pike fork with charger damper is mind blowing good, especially when matched up the Ranges rear end. If you run it with 30% sag in the rear it feels like a magic carpet.

Posted: Jan 9, 2014 at 21:34 Quote
Kootenaycycle wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Kootenaycycle wrote:

Yes and yes. I like the Alloy range and sight, and spent a lot of time on them last summer but was never truly impressed as a bike I would personally run. Both of Carbon bikes are a different story, either one of them could take the place of my Carbon Bronson. VERY STIFF VERY CAPABLE BIKES. The Pike fork with charger damper is mind blowing good, especially when matched up the Ranges rear end. If you run it with 30% sag in the rear it feels like a magic carpet.
You lucky man. Must work for or know someone at Norco to have demoed one. I still have a deposit on the carbon Range LE frameset & hear nothing but good. I know geo wise the alu Range I demoed felt much more comfy to me than the BronsonC I demoed.

Posted: Jan 10, 2014 at 14:26 Quote
The Carbon frame is .5degree slacker then the alloy frame as well!

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 1:57 Quote
you're talking about carbon Range?

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 7:17 Quote
Carbon range and carbon sight are both .5 degree slacker then their aluminium counterparts

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 7:32 Quote
the site has equal geo's

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 18:22 Quote
Don't believe the sight, last time I checked it was stock full of errors.

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 19:16 Quote
Here is my FB with new 650 wheels and a cc dbair. Change in wheel size is especially noticeable in that it gains speed faster, climbing over rocks is easier, cornering is excelent although I felt some skidding of the rear wheel that was not there before, need to further tune the shock, geometry seems great, shock makes mid stroke a lot more supportive. So far really happy with change.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 19:55 Quote
Skidding out back is partially due to the stiffer carbon wheels. Try dropping a few PSI.

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 7:31 Quote
Thanks Socal I'll try that. I'l take better pictures soon too.

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 11:05 Quote
Looks like a beast. Love the 180 fork. Happy with the DBAir so far?

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
Looks like a beast. Love the 180 fork. Happy with the DBAir so far?
Extremely happy with the db air. Bike is a lot easier to pop off now and also squishier without blowing through its travel too quickly like it did with the rp23. I am having trouble setting low speed rebound, something with the knob turning more than the supposed 25 clicks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043538
Mobile Version of Website