Powered by Outside

Post your video edits - watch, share & adivise

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Post your video edits - watch, share & adivise
Posted: Dec 8, 2013 at 14:09 Quote
little run at rev

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 15:56 Quote
Makes me want to ride down there so much!

I posted a while back regarding a feature length film. Unfortunately all plans for that have now been cancelled due to a number of issues. The pro involvement wasn't ruled out but, there's simply no scope for it just now due to trail damage and a lack of motivation from others. I'm still super motivated to make something and I've just organized a hook up with a friend studying photography who's gonna help capture some stills on my new trail and hopefully later agree to help film an edit.

I'm thinking back to basics with this, no arsing around with slow motion, no cheesy shots of shoes stamping onto pedals and no AWOLNATION. Just a short fast paced lively edit with a rock or metal soundtrack.

Opinions on this? Has it got potential?

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 16:52 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Makes me want to ride down there so much!

I posted a while back regarding a feature length film. Unfortunately all plans for that have now been cancelled due to a number of issues. The pro involvement wasn't ruled out but, there's simply no scope for it just now due to trail damage and a lack of motivation from others. I'm still super motivated to make something and I've just organized a hook up with a friend studying photography who's gonna help capture some stills on my new trail and hopefully later agree to help film an edit.

I'm thinking back to basics with this, no arsing around with slow motion, no cheesy shots of shoes stamping onto pedals and no AWOLNATION. Just a short fast paced lively edit with a rock or metal soundtrack.

Opinions on this? Has it got potential?
Why not, I do agree that sometimes all the fancy film work can get a bit on the nose especially when the first few minutes is taken up by candid shotes of trees,shoes and dog poo. Audience retention is based on glueing me to my chair, a fast paced edit with the right tunes to go along with will keep me there. The average viewing duration is about 2.5 minutes, so they say, although I have switched off in less time than that even with pro vids as the content can get boring if everything is in slow mo or there are too many unnecessary shots of non related footage. We wanna see speed, big hits massive berms and a crash here and there, funny how a stack with a face full of dirt will get the most views. Edit on!

Posted: Dec 14, 2013 at 4:09 Quote
it can be pretty challenging to make a great video. you have so much great footage but you know most of it won't make it to the final video.

I have strayed a few times from the 3-5 minute rule if I felt the trail was awesome enough to keep interest...most of time though I try to cut it down to the 3-5 min.

I need to work more on capturing non biking footage to mix in.

the biggest challenge for me is music selection... having to stray away from copyrighted work and going with royalty free music generally means a lot of digging as royalty free music tends to be free for a reason.

one lesson learned is no matter how good your video edit is, always someone out there who won't like it for one reason. or another..don't fret just keep marching on. learn from each edit and strive to better yourself.

Posted: Dec 23, 2013 at 3:30 Quote
First edit like this, just captured on an iPhone 5 and edited using iMovie.

Plenty of GoPro footage on my YouTube channel as well, including the 2012 and 2013 Foxhunt runs!!

Enjoy

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 at 14:23 Quote
run from today at foel

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
Views: 416    Faves: 4    Comments: 1

This is my edit of the sugar rout in the israeli desert.
It was shot in gopro 3+ silver edition, on 1080/60p, edited in PowerDirector 12, coded to mkv.
It was uploaded to pinkbike and youtube, and the size of the file is 1.03gb.
I don't understand why the quality is way poor than the real one I see on my computer.
Any advice on how the decode the video or where to upload it so I could get the maximum quality of the video, as I see it on my computer?

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 3:27 Quote
Sarik wrote:

It was shot in gopro 3+ silver edition, on 1080/60p, edited in PowerDirector 12, coded to mkv.
I don't understand why the quality is way poor than the real one I see on my computer.
Any advice on how the decode the video or where to upload it so I could get the maximum quality of the video, as I see it on my computer?
Mate I just watched this on a 24inch Mac at 1080P, I seriously cannot see any issues with the quality of the video, no issues with the resolution or clarity at all, Unbelievable place to ride, can you tell us where it is, I even thought the music fit in well with where you were at.

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 4:22 Quote
stretch707 wrote:
Sarik wrote:

Mate I just watched this on a 24inch Mac at 1080P, I seriously cannot see any issues with the quality of the video, no issues with the resolution or clarity at all, Unbelievable place to ride, can you tell us where it is, I even thought the music fit in well with where you were at.
First of all, Thank you very much!
This place is next to Jerusalem. It starts at Ma'ale Adumim, and ends at Almog, next to the Dead sea.
The all trail is about 1 hour and a half in good rythem with one brake. There are several trails to choose from, each one is special in his own way.
For more details you can contact me and I'll be happy to answer all of your questions.
About the quality, I don't know... It still seems to me it's not as good as it is on my computer...

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
Sarik,

Nice video you posted. Enjoy getting to see trails that I can only experience through those who, like yourself, have shared them with us. Thank you for sharing.

Not sure if you could ever really get the same quality with what you have on the computer vs what you put on youtube, pinkbike, etc... as they have their own compression, aspect ratios..etc. I know I can easily tell the difference between my videos but in all it doesn't look bad.

Here is a video I just made today from my trip to Fruita in Sept. 2013.

Views: 179    Faves: 1    Comments: 3

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 0:46 Quote
LawsonRaider wrote:
Sarik,

Nice video you posted. Enjoy getting to see trails that I can only experience through those who, like yourself, have shared them with us. Thank you for sharing.

Not sure if you could ever really get the same quality with what you have on the computer vs what you put on youtube, pinkbike, etc... as they have their own compression, aspect ratios..etc. I know I can easily tell the difference between my videos but in all it doesn't look bad.

Here is a video I just made today from my trip to Fruita in Sept. 2013.

Views: 179    Faves: 1    Comments: 3
thanks man!
loved your edit as well. I guess with a different, more suitable for the rythem of the riding tune it could be an even better clip.

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 5:40 Quote
Views: 4,281    Faves: 72    Comments: 8

Posted: Jan 13, 2014 at 5:14 Quote
Views: 423    Faves: 15    Comments: 4

RIDERS and Hellride presents Hellriders. We are pushing your attention from tricks at riders, who perform it.

First series of this project is trip of Kostya Andreev (one of the top Russian BMX athletes) to Helsinki, Finland. We tried to bring you all the emotins that riders get from their trips. Enjoy.

Hope to get some response, guys.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054480
Mobile Version of Website