good all around bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
good all around bike?
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
juicy 3, XC brakes.Smile

yes I did make a mistake on the enitire bike itselft, but your correction could have been done in a much more civilized manner theb the one which you chose.

okay i undersatnd i just thought it was ridiculous w/e, you have my apologie then

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
my kona dawg Cough cough tup Wink

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
well yet again the best bike in the world would have to be a giant AC with a 2008 fox vanilla r, and a 2005 888vf or 2005 888rc, and halo rims, and raceface bar, stem, cranks, avid juciy carbon, and 50/50 crank bros pedals.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
coiler66 wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:
SX Trail
Reign X
Santa Cruz bullit

All of those can be built up as do-it all bikes. Please refrain from buying a bottlerocket.

Why cant a bottle rocket be built up as an all around bike. You cant talk bud because the only pictures of you riding are "me riding down the rock garden," while the rest are like "my helmet, goggles, and me." Have you ever ridden a bottle rocket. You probably bought your bike because darren berrecloth rode the same frame for a while. I am not saying bottlerockets are the best, but they arent bad. Any way, a nomad would be a sweet all around build.

You think when I travel to Blue mountain and Mt st annes, I have time to take pictures while on the trails? The only reason I have those pictures is because my friends dad came with us on that trip through the trails and brought his camera. Im sure youre a picture whore though, congrats.

As for a bottlerocket being an all around bike, people buy them off of pure hype or to build them up to look pretty. They are good for Dirtjumps and smooth trails but for freeride, Id stay away.

I bought my SX Trail because I did my research before going out and dropping over $1000 on a frame. I wanted to build a bike that could do everything from XC to DH. It was between a santa cruz bullit and an SX Trail. The FSR suspension was more appealing to me then the VPP suspension so I went with the SX Trail.

EDIT: LOL I just went through your album and saw you had a bottle rocket, go figure. TYPICAL bottle rocket owner response to someone that doesnt like their bike ^^

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
I just got a Transition DirtBag and that thing is pretty sick for freeriding and dirt jumps. Not so sure about the downhill seeing as i live no where near mountains but im sure it would be pretty nice. The bike is pretty easy to throw around in the air for having about 7in of travel and when i get a sc fork on it it will just be even better.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
Street454Beatdown wrote:

nuff said

do you mean Trail or Park? If you do, its not an alll around bike, its more a dirt/street bike

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
In my opinion, I have three bikes I would look into.
-Giant Reign X1 or X0
-Specialized SX Trail
-Santa Cruz Heckler

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
i could just think of the things i could with that. that looks so sweet! i would put a stronger fork on though. the nixon is sweet, but i would prefer a pike or maybe a 66

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
i could just think of the things i could with that. that looks so sweet! i would put a stronger fork on though. the nixon is sweet, but i would prefer a pike or maybe a 66
i was going to get a 66 but then i would crack the head tube. and i already have a pike that needs to be rebuilt so i didnt want 2 of the same fork.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
xxburton4lifexx wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:
i was going to get a 66 but then i would crack the head tube. and i already have a pike that needs to be rebuilt so i didnt want 2 of the same fork.

oh, thats so sweet, its just like cams bike cept he runs
a gold labelPimp

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
xxburton4lifexx wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:

oh, thats so sweet, its just like cams bike cept he runs
a gold labelPimp
ya and a coilover in the back which im getting by the end of the year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024639
Mobile Version of Website