Powered by Outside

i want to hear your RST stories

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
i want to hear your RST stories
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
Man I don´t know why, but I´m a marzocchi rider... I don´t know, I just like them...

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
plumslinger wrote:
newbikesoon wrote:
plumslinger wrote:

No there are only 2 crowns, one above and one below the headtube Smile

how bout the one attached to the lowers?

Wheel arch??

NO, No, no....

There are three clamps on the top crown, two that clamp around each stantion and one that clamps around the steerer above the head tube.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
rottenpeach wrote:
plumslinger wrote:
newbikesoon wrote:

how bout the one attached to the lowers?

Wheel arch??

NO, No, no....

There are three clamps on the top crown, two that clamp around each stantion and one that clamps around the steerer above the head tube.

^^^^this guy is right, ......at school me n my riding friends refer to them as double-crowns, or sumtimes, triple-trees (referring to the two stanchions n the head tube)

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
they teach you about bikes at school??!?!

what school do you go to...i wanna go there!!

kidding......

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
but anyway , i have a set of RST gila t6's on my hardrock, surprisingly i love them they are soo smooth , but the one problem about them is that when you do footjams they move back and forth.
but if you figure out that RST forks are decent, ive had my gila t6's for about two years now and i rebuild them every two weeks of hard riding, if you rebuild them n make sure evrythin is lubed n tight n clean off the stanchins they are a very smooth fork.
but sometimes i worry i will case a jump n break them off.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 12:03 Quote
Got a Giant back in '04. It came with a RST fork. 4 years later... still working fine.

FL
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
m3hl wrote:
Ok let me clear up a few things. The reason why there are so many RST "horror stories" is mainly because people buy a bike that is within their budged, and use the bike well outside of it's intended use. This is not something unique to RST.

You cannot expect an entry level cross country fork to hold up riding street, jumps, or anything else that isn't cross country.

The fact of the matter is, if you need a dirt jump fork, you have to spend the extra money to get the right equipment. RST now has a line of high-end after market forks that have been getting great reviews and have no resemblance to older or less expensive OEM models.

photo

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bp0.blogger.com/_syabEdCLz_8/R4Zni-MpYwI/AAAAAAAAALc/XSurulfmayg/s1600/Billyinvert%2Bcopy.jpg
http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/rst-m-29-first-air-and-titan-air-forks/

i agree with him^^^ i had an 05 hardrock which i used for dirt jumping and now the lowers move seperatly to the stantions but thats only becasue i used them for stuff they where not designed for! stop moaning about how they are rubbish and buy some forks meant for the job if you want to moan about something!!!Whip

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
A friend of mine has got the Launch forks and I tried them out once in these small stairs... I almost broke my wrist that thing is STIFF!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 22:10 Quote
my friend had just got a new bike with RST's and he wanted me to do something cool on it so took it of this tiny 4 ft drop into the grass and the thing locked out on me and i hit the seat and face planted.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
3 words Rapid Suspension Technology aka rocketshiplikebound technology

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 2:14 Quote
That must have hurt... But I have already made up my mind and I´ve got a dj comp coming all the way from Britain right now!

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
[Quote="gatoriswhite"]lmao! i nearly shit myself when i saw this thread, a bunch of bikers joining together to express there hate for RST's. well my story is, they became rigid some how, just out of no wer, well my friends still conviced me to hit a three pack with them, it lasted the first jump, the hit the second one and as soon as i landed the crown snapped on both sides, and i went face first into the middle of the take off on the third jump Smile I'm so glad i'm not one of the losers that thinks its cool not to wer helmets.[/Quote
what are u talking about we noticed it when u where sitting down on ur bike.u didnt wipe out u liar u didnt hit a jump after u saw it.lol lol

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
Most companies make low end and high end stuff. And you can't judge high end stuff by the way there low end stuff preforms. I don't like RST and would never buy one but someone will. And there are people and companies buying them or else RST would have stopped making stuff a long time ago
I talk to muchBig Grin

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
I Have some old RST high5s I still run on my hard tail and they are great

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
t3kman wrote:
Most companies make low end and high end stuff. And you can't judge high end stuff by the way there low end stuff preforms. I don't like RST and would never buy one but someone will. And there are people and companies buying them or else RST would have stopped making stuff a long time ago
I talk to muchBig Grin

i agree with what your saying. like rockshox, seems like alot of people like them and think their a great company. hate to say it but they make crappy low end forks. check the dart series out. i have one, its either more rigid then a rigid fork or the fork is so unplush (word?) that as soon as the fork moves down (after putting all your weight on it) it nearly launches you off the bike. if you could put them on the spaceship they would save alot of money. if rockshox was judged just by that fork, they would be out of business, not a doubt in my mind. even with proper adjustments it still weighs alot and is horrible. i would GLADELY trade my dart for a RST fork.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021216
Mobile Version of Website