Powered by Outside

GT Chucker? what do ya recon?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
GT Chucker? what do ya recon?
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
Hunty wrote:
yeah mine was a crimbo present and its broke so maney times. i find them okay onse you upgrade them alot and give them care

the first thing that needs upgrading is the frame lol it suks hard tbh

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
Hunty wrote:
yeah mine was a crimbo present and its broke so maney times. i find them okay onse you upgrade them alot and give them care

tbh, its a good bike and the frame is alright, whats with the piss taking?
u cant really buy a 800 quid jjump bike to learn on and break can you, chuckers are good begnner bikes...

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
Yeah i mean i love mine Razz oh btw ill post pics up tommorow

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
alistair14 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
Hunty wrote:

u cant really buy a 800 quid jjump bike to learn on and break can you, chuckers are good begnner bikes...

its not you can get like a commencal maxx max or a dmr drone for the same price brand new. and chucker frames are not alright they are unbelivably weak lol

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
alistair14 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:

its not you can get like a commencal maxx max or a dmr drone for the same price brand new. and chucker frames are not alright they are unbelivably weak lol
i havent had any problems with mine Smile
and i had the maxmax, nice bike yea

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
Aghhh guys and girls stop winging about the frame will you just because you ride betetr bikes dosant mean some poeple cannot afford those kinda bikes

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:07 Quote
Hunty wrote:
Aghhh guys and girls stop winging about the frame will you just because you ride betetr bikes dosant mean some poeple cannot afford those kinda bikes
last thing, thats bang on, my chucker was freakning expensive for us seing as we dont have a lot of cash atm, good price for it as wll

night all

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
Hunty wrote:
LOL read the other comnets man
they were sayin other bikes that you could get for the same money that were better
i dont think its a bad bike but for street it would be terible

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
ben-24 wrote:
Hunty wrote:
they were sayin other bikes that you could get for the same money that were better
for street it frreaking rocks, look at my pics and vids...

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
alistair14 wrote:
ben-24 wrote:
Hunty wrote:

rocks asin sticks to the floor like a big pile of rocks or asin crumbles to the floor like a pile of rocks? haha sorry i had to have one last digg

sorry but its usless 4 street the geo is all wrong for evrything

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
alistair14 wrote:
ben-24 wrote:

rocks asin sticks to the floor like a big pile of rocks or asin crumbles to the floor like a pile of rocks? haha sorry i had to have one last digg

how do u know , ever had one?
if not, just stop guessing for christ sake

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
it dose get annoying

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
alistair14 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
alistair14 wrote:

as it goes ermm yes i have actualy lol.
i had a blue chucker 1.0 that i built to f*ck around on cus i was bored and frankly it sucked lol. it ended up been a trampoline bike and then got thrown in a skip lol

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
alistair14 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
alistair14 wrote:

True, I ride around on my 05 trek bruiser, my mates think its shit jumping and feels naff, but I love it, can really throw it around.

The Gt Chucker, admittedly, is not the greatest bike in the world, but if you have just started out you had probably never heard of commencal or dmr- I know I hadn't. Hell, i was even considering buying a gt when i first started out. Yes the componets are pretty shoddy, but do you expect top fot he line components on a £300 bike? The commencal has shit rims, not great cranks, home brand bars and stem, and v brakes. Its a £300 bike yes, but you would have to put another £150 to put discs and forks on it to make into an all round bike, which the chucker is. Its an all round, cheap, starter bike, that people just starting out can use for pretty much anything.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
alistair14 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:

True, I ride around on my 05 trek bruiser, my mates think its shit jumping and feels naff, but I love it, can really throw it around.

The Gt Chucker, admittedly, is not the greatest bike in the world, but if you have just started out you had probably never heard of commencal or dmr- I know I hadn't. Hell, i was even considering buying a gt when i first started out. Yes the componets are pretty shoddy, but do you expect top fot he line components on a £300 bike? The commencal has shit rims, not great cranks, home brand bars and stem, and v brakes. Its a £300 bike yes, but you would have to put another £150 to put discs and forks on it to make into an all round bike, which the chucker is. Its an all round, cheap, starter bike, that people just starting out can use for pretty much anything.

dissagreed

v breaks set up properly are better than mechanical disks
the wheels on the max max are better than what comes on the chucker
and the chucker isnt an all round bike the forks seize up instantly so you may aswell just ride ridgids anyway.
the max max is a hell of alot better to start on or build around.
and no offence intended but the reason you like your bike is because you havnt owned a better bike and gotten used to it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.875362
Mobile Version of Website