Powered by Outside

We Are One - Arrival

PB Forum :: Other
We Are One - Arrival
Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 18:42 Quote
Who here has the 170 linkage? If so, I have a couple of questions I would like to ask you.

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 13:37 Quote
BobLoblaw43 wrote:
Has anyone received or test ridden the 2023 150 or 170 models yet?

I haven't had a chance to ride any Arrivals yet, (old or new) but was specifically curious as to how the 170 climbs.

My local trails have some punchy technical climbs that I'm hoping the 170 will be good with. I do ride park a couple times a year and think that thing would be an improvement over my current rig. Just don't want to sacrifice for the every day rides.

I think the 150 would be too similar to justify the upgrade (at least thats what my wallet says).

Thanks in advance for comments.

I got my 170 last weekend and was blown away by the climbing performance. My buddy who has a megatower agrees as well.

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 14:34 Quote
jcrodrigue wrote:
BobLoblaw43 wrote:
Has anyone received or test ridden the 2023 150 or 170 models yet?

I haven't had a chance to ride any Arrivals yet, (old or new) but was specifically curious as to how the 170 climbs.

My local trails have some punchy technical climbs that I'm hoping the 170 will be good with. I do ride park a couple times a year and think that thing would be an improvement over my current rig. Just don't want to sacrifice for the every day rides.

I think the 150 would be too similar to justify the upgrade (at least thats what my wallet says).

Thanks in advance for comments.

I got my 170 last weekend and was blown away by the climbing performance. My buddy who has a megatower agrees as well.

The Arrival climbs very well and I’ve been impressed with mine as it grips well, but stays high in its travel. So it feels like a good fast climber. Also and to WAO credit, the fact that you can have different linkages and shocks to have either 152, 170, or even 130mm of rear travel. You can decide what you prefer at the time or your daily rides, or be able to swap it around as the trails and the destination change.

My only gripe with my Arrival is trying to find a comfortable height for my handlebars and which length of stem might be best.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 9:09 Quote
Finally made the plunge and got my ENVE rim laced up to a super boost rear hub; 32 lbs and 6 ounces as it currently sits.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 20:33 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Finally made the plunge and got my ENVE rim laced up to a super boost rear hub; 32 lbs and 6 ounces as it currently sits.
Is that for the 152?
I’m just shy of 35 pounds for the SP1 170 version.

Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 20:34 Quote
samsonr wrote:
austenselk wrote:
Is that for the 152?
I’m just shy of 35 pounds for the SP1 170 version.

Yessir.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 21:05 Quote
Let’s add a photo of a 170. Extraordinarily fun and capable bike, without feeling like a big Enduro sled at all.

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 5:06 Quote
samsonr wrote:
Let’s add a photo of a 170. Extraordinarily fun and capable bike, without feeling like a big Enduro sled at all.

photo
Excellent! I went with the copper chain on my tan as well... In no time I ended up with the matching cassette.
Only PIA, the regular size Fidlock bottle bottle doesn't clear the shock on compression. Looks like you have a smaller one?

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 7:02 Quote
The copper accents work well with the tan, definitely would like the same cassette and maybe some other highlights.
Yes, this is the small 450ml fidlock. No clearance issues but obviously a bit lacking in capacity.

Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 15:27 Quote
NEED some serious help getting my suspension F+R dialed. Please somebody.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 5:06 Quote
austenselk wrote:
What's wrong with it?

This thread isn't quite as lively as the MTBR thread, so try there as well.

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 6:55 Quote
Abacall wrote:
austenselk wrote:
What's wrong with it?

This thread isn't quite as lively as the MTBR thread, so try there as well.

I’ll PM you.

This thread is all but dead to me.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 30, 2023 at 6:35 Quote
austenselk wrote:
photo

photo

photo

That looks good man!! 130mm set up I’m assuming? Have you ridden it yet? How does it compare to the 152mm?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030324
Mobile Version of Website