Powered by Outside

Looking for local Rochester, NY riders

PB Forum :: USA - East
Looking for local Rochester, NY riders
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 14:28 Quote
yea i wont be much help this summer i go back to school soon but i am down to throw some dirt around next summer

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 15:29 Quote
davr wrote:
Cool
It's either help out there or drive 4 hours every weekend to someplace good
let me know if you ever get anything set up

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 17:04 Quote
I'm not on facebook but ges weekend I'll go down there and try and talk to the owner

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 17:29 Quote
davr wrote:
I'm not on facebook but ges weekend I'll go down there and try and talk to the owner
Alright I can send him a message then, how many people do you know are willing to help?

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 17:49 Quote
A few but it's more than just throwing dirt
Trail planning, using natural resources, what is the owners long term plan, is there equipment and operators available, drainage, where does the dirt come from?

Making the trails sustainable, stop putting jumps to either flat or straight into a tree, you want people to come back not go once and skid down a clif into a mud hole. They need to flow and have fun not push the bike Up a random climb half way down

I know 2 trails (don't know the names) that could use a little massaging a berm here some small rollers that beginners can roll advanced rider can double of triple fix all the flat landing jumps, widen some spots To maintain speed and see whet kind of feed back they get

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 17:56 Quote
davr wrote:
A few but it's more than just throwing dirt
Trail planning, using natural resources, what is the owners long term plan, is there equipment and operators available, drainage, where does the dirt come from?

Making the trails sustainable, stop putting jumps to either flat or straight into a tree, you want people to come back not go once and skid down a clif into a mud hole. They need to flow and have fun not push the bike Up a random climb half way down

I know 2 trails (don't know the names) that could use a little massaging a berm here some small rollers that beginners can roll advanced rider can double of triple fix all the flat landing jumps, widen some spots To maintain speed and see whet kind of feed back they get
Yeah well i messaged that one dude, but it sounds like you should really talk to them(you know alot more than me)

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 18:18 Quote
I don't know more than anyone, everyone knows you want positive feedback and repeat customers

Like I said I'm going down gravity east weekend talk to some people face to face

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 18:29 Quote
davr wrote:
I don't know more than anyone, everyone knows you want positive feedback and repeat customers

Like I said I'm going down gravity east weekend talk to some people face to face
alright sounds good

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 15:40 Quote
hey tell him that whiteface is selling their old rental bikes. Then they would have some real rentals bringing in more beginners and people who want to try downhill.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 17:37 Quote
I've ridden Whiteface a few times and I know this may sound crazy I'd rather ride Swain

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 17:39 Quote
prophet30 wrote:
I've ridden Whiteface a few times and I know this may sound crazy I'd rather ride Swain
Have you been there recently? They have been putting alot of work in and I thought it was allot better then swain( at the moment)

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 18:19 Quote
Was up there 4th of July week they hype up that they have 2500ft of vertical and a bunch of trails but maybe two decent runs. The army truck thing was a joke

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 18:26 Quote
prophet30 wrote:
Was up there 4th of July week they hype up that they have 2500ft of vertical and a bunch of trails but maybe two decent runs. The army truck thing was a joke
Yeah it's a different style because it's supper rocky rooty and steep, I honestly thought it was alo of fun

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 19:00 Quote
I think it's a bit like Swain it has some poorly built trails and not a lot of flow. But your right it's a different type of riding the gondola ride is awesome though. Ran into two guys from Dansville up there and they weren't into the place either

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 19:19 Quote
Whiteface is fun the faster you go the more fun it gets, some trails are sketchy though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032500
Mobile Version of Website