Powered by Outside

some tips to help me convince my parents to let me buy a new bike

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
some tips to help me convince my parents to let me buy a new bike
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
seriously mention it ever time you see them at meals everthing the get so pissed off and then yh just cave in and consider one lol

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
SuperrealA11an wrote:
seriously mention it ever time you see them at meals everthing the get so pissed off and then yh just cave in and consider one lol

haha dont i just tried that on my mom to let me go biking while im grounded and she went balistic to the point where i was told to pack my bages and get out of the house luckly she reconsidered after

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
just like ur name...

O+
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 22:23 Quote
mrsbig wrote:
a 3hour walk is nothing, whats wrong with kids these days. i really dont get it, a 3hour push for something that u can ride on till ur hearts content, this has nothing to do with ur parents, this is down to you, dont be lazy! Smile
i know he wont walk 3 hours to get a bike, i walked half a day to get to the top of mt 7 and it only lasted a half hour to get down any way what i m trying to say is if u like something that much it wont matter how hard u worked to get it

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
ya, biking to the top off fromme takes a long time and the bike down is only a fraction of a time, but when u think of the fun on the way down the price of biking up is nothing, just like walking for 3 hours for endless fun on a bike

O+
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
exactly fromme is torture to walk or ride up, espicially with bad feet an asthma. if i can do fromme you can do a 3hour walk

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
Just tell them that your bike is a piece of shit and it will break. Then, go and bend your rim.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
i got a new fork, and 2 new wheels with that but i had to pay half

O+ FL
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
When I starting biking My walk to my bikestore took me 5 hours and up hill both ways in the driving snow, where the roads were 8 feet high piled with snow and the parkinglot was a 100 ft deep whorlpool of death with a kraken gaurding the door and I coulnt't bike because I had to ride with no wheels. So don't goddamn complain

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
iridedj wrote:
When I starting biking My walk to my bikestore took me 5 hours and up hill both ways in the driving snow, where the roads were 8 feet high piled with snow and the parkinglot was a 100 ft deep whorlpool of death with a kraken gaurding the door and I coulnt't bike because I had to ride with no wheels. So don't goddamn complain
dont forget that u were barefoot and had 4 broken ribbs

O+ FL
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
gregarious wrote:
iridedj wrote:
dont forget that u were barefoot and had 4 broken ribbs
Actually I didn't grow legs until a store opened up 15 mins from my house. My ribs were fine.

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 2:13 Quote
I'd probably just do some work around the house and stuff try and earn it!

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
if crying does not do it, bring home some dude with 20 facial piercings and a uk subs logo tattooed on his chin and tell them that if you do not contribute to the purchase, you will bang the punk, have 20 babies and get the money from the benefits agencies.

if that does not work I would consider prostitution or just plain robbing.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
Zaphiro wrote:
if crying does not do it, bring home some dude with 20 facial piercings and a uk subs logo tattooed on his chin and tell them that if you do not contribute to the purchase, you will bang the punk, have 20 babies and get the money from the benefits agencies.

if that does not work I would consider prostitution or just plain robbing.
ya right i am not trying that

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
I had this exact same problem with my parents.. and actually still do

to this day i dont know how i ever ended up with the bike i have.. not exactly what i wanted but me and my parents met in the middle.

basically i just told them i was going to pay for it with my own cash and asked around to see if the bike was actually worth it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021014
Mobile Version of Website