Powered by Outside

BMX cranks on MTB

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BMX cranks on MTB
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
mattison82 wrote:
whats a cheap pair of bmx cranks that will fit a mtb or is there a bmx crank arm that fits isis

you cant buy a arm that will fit on ur isis. how ever if you buy a 19/22mm euro threaded bottom bracket which will prob cost around 30 bucks, then you can buy a deccent crank for about 120 (redline device), so around a 150 bucks ull need a new sprocket to thow

I had two brand new pairs of Redline device cranks that were SO poorly made that the spindle boss and chainwheel hole weren't evenly aligned thus causing the chainwheel to get pulled toward the arm when tightened down. After dealing w/ the folks at Seattle Bike Supply, they refunded my money and acknowledged that there was a manufacturing defect in ALL the Device cranks that they had in stock! I check w/ a few buddies and they ALL had the same problem! I'd steer clear of these!!
Profiles are just about the best when it comes to price,warranty and availability! Not to mention they are (I believe) the only company to offer both a 5 3/4" and 6" long spindle so you can run single gears or double gears if you'd like!

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
don't take primo they are way too heavy... take the odyssey wombolt or if you can the twombolt they are the ligtest fly's are good too

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
bigquotesgo with the vadettas but for the most part bmx cranks are heavier then most mtb cranks[/Quote

huge price gap, but demolitions r 26oz with arms and spindle how light r MTB cranks?
Yeah, well add about 7oz for the BB. Thats 33.3oz. I just picked up some Truvativ Stylos for my DJ bike and are 27.2oz w/ the BB (31oz w/ chainring & bolts)

To stay on topic, The lightest BMX cranks would probably be colony, demolition or profile.

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
downhillrydr wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:
bigquotesgo with the vadettas but for the most part bmx cranks are heavier then most mtb cranks[/Quote

huge price gap, but demolitions r 26oz with arms and spindle how light r MTB cranks?
Yeah, well add about 7oz for the BB. Thats 33.3oz. I just picked up some Truvativ Stylos for my DJ bike and are 27.2oz w/ the BB (31oz w/ chainring & bolts)

To stay on topic, The lightest BMX cranks would probably be colony, demolition or profile.

im pretty sure i heard primo hollow bites with ti every thing are like 25 oz

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 18:26 Quote
ya they're light but cost like 400$$ for 2oz ?? im not sure he want to pay double price for 2oz

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
jane06 wrote:
ya they're light but cost like 400$$ for 2oz ?? im not sure he want to pay double price for 2oz

true but then u have a light as hell invincable crank

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
downhillrydr wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:

Defiantly not. Arms and Ti Spindle = 27.9oz

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 10:34 Quote
1664 bmx cranks are 30oz and cost 200$can w/ bb

light, cheep, strong as hell, 3pc, lifetime warrentyBeer

MTB length spindle also available(just in case you need more spindle due to wider bb shells)
ti spindle also available tup

heres mine:P
<Photo does not exist: 3526548>

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:
downhillrydr wrote:

Defiantly not. Arms and Ti Spindle = 27.9oz

I think it will drop to around 25-26 oz if you replace all 6(7 if you include the sprocket) bolts with ti. I think Sherbet can confirm this, so don't quote me just yet.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 11:43 Quote
Demolition Medial LT Love them.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 11:50 Quote
hxc-fuk wrote:

MTB length spindle also available(just in case you need more spindle due to wider bb shells)

[PI=snip size=m align=c]snip[/PI]

Are you sure they come with a lifetime warranty? Because my friend snapped his 1664 cranks a couple months ago and when he went to Transition to get new cranks, they didn't mention anything about warranty. He had them just over a year, so I assumed they only came with a 1 year warranty. I'll pass the word onto him and maybe he can get some new cranks to sell(He's on Hollow Bites now after snapping 1664s, Shadows, and something else, not sure what)

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
hxc-fuk wrote:

[PI=snip size=m align=c]snip[/PI]

Are you sure they come with a lifetime warranty? Because my friend snapped his 1664 cranks a couple months ago and when he went to Transition to get new cranks, they didn't mention anything about warranty. He had them just over a year, so I assumed they only came with a 1 year warranty. I'll pass the word onto him and maybe he can get some new cranks to sell(He's on Hollow Bites now after snapping 1664s, Shadows, and something else, not sure what)

i dont remember where i herd it but you can email them and see lol Razz

howd he snap the 1664s and where?

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
I think he was 180ing a stair set, not sure. The arm snapped clean off in the middle. He goes pretty big though, so I'm not surprised.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
I think he was 180ing a stair set, not sure. The arm snapped clean off in the middle. He goes pretty big though, so I'm not surprised.

snapped in the middle wtf can you get pic lol

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
yall are dumb. BMX cranks were ment for bmxes not moutainbikes! LOL

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025755
Mobile Version of Website