Powered by Outside

Just getting into Dirtjumping, what should I get?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Just getting into Dirtjumping, what should I get?
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
Kbone wrote:
the money you put into the havoc getting it singlespeed and a rear brake it'll cost you the same as the district SS in the end. Just save up a bit more cash and get a bike that'll suit your needs. plus the devinci frames are gauranteed for life. any cracks, bends, whatever they'll replace it.

Wouldnt it cost less making it single speed as the bike store gets the deraiulers and cogs back. Then I save more money taking away a V brake and Front disc and just putting a cheap rear one on? The Devinci is nice but its still a bit expensive and the colour is odd.

No, shops will not do that for you. They have no use for a stock derailleur and noobody would buy it, they would be losing money. You have to buy the bike then buy the parts necessary to make it singlespeed and rear disc. Trust me save up a little more money and get the district SS. I absolutely love mine.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
sherbet wrote:
-name- wrote:
sherbet wrote:
District SS, all the way.
fail. because of the girly color

Real men can rock any colour.

That aside, it's got a frame that's welded in Canada, has a life time warranty backing it, has good parts, and amazing geometry.
so true, my bikes purple and i thinks its sweet. only pussys say they wouldn't ride a bike in a girly color cuz ther scared they'd get made fun of.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
Does specialized bikes come with a warranty?

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
norco is something like 2 years

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
Or brodie heathen yea!

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
cegik wrote:
specilized is lifetime warranty

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
dirt-jumper17 wrote:
cegik wrote:
specilized is lifetime warranty

Though they're known for not always covering it.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
i would go with a 2008 p. grom it is a simple jumper (marzocchi dirt jumper 3's avid bb 5's mechanical disc brakes and it has gears. it is a great basic jumper all around and you can upgrade as much as you want on that bike

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:20 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
robyhsb wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

Well my friends ask me to go out street riding with them and I only have a DH bike so first of all, its horrible on the tires and forks. So I need this bike to get me into and out of town and to Dirt jump and do street riding with but I need it soon, so thats why it needs to be affordable. Plus, Ive only done dirtjumping once so this will be my first street/dirtjump bike.

oh rite fair enough mate, in that case i would say the norco, but only cause its got gears for you to like get into town, but then i would say single speed for jump and street lol, its hard to say mate?

yeah, i planned on turning it single speed the start to upgrade each part then just upgrade the frame!

ye that spunds like a good idea, good luck mate Big Grin

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:28 Quote
i looked on the site with your options (http://www.bicyclettesdehull.com/) and personally id go for the norco 125.

-its cheap so it comes within your budget, i think,
-looks like a good starter bike, some strong components
-its got gears and 2 discs, all this could be stripped down and sold if your wanting to run a single speed, back brake bike

its a good choice, the other cheaper bikes have higher front ends and less quality compenents.

if your had the money id go for the ss or the 250 but its your decision

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
Just so you know

With specialized the frame has a limited lifetime warranty on the frame (manufacturers defect) and one year for the components-to the original owner.

Here’s the warranty pdf for Devinci:
http://www.d4m.com/axion/devinci%202008/web/document/garantie_en.pdf

and also im not too sure what norcos warranty is but i i got told they have one year on the forks of their dirt jump seriesBig Grin

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
Devinci District 1 or SS. The geometry is perfect for beginners. It takes almost no effort to manual on a District. Lifetime warranty ,good specs. Whats not to like?

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 17:36 Quote
I dont think he likes the price

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
Devinci District SS = CDN$1,049.99
Devinci District 1 = CDN$949.99

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
I see no problem with the price it seems good enough you might just have to save up a little bit more if you dont have enough because its a pretty desent bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026980
Mobile Version of Website