Powered by Outside

The quick question thread for DJ/Street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The quick question thread for DJ/Street
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
But what about the guys who don't have the Pro2s, cause those ones are already loud. Sorry i'm done polluting the thread, my statements aren't going to go anywhere productive.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
If you know what You're doing, it takes less than a half hour from start to finish, with chain tensioned and all. And this is a quick question thread where we can discuss the pros and cons of anything dj/street related, and your question surely qualifies.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
quick question, do you think 7.6 inch steer tube would be long enough for a 2006 kona stuff plus an intergrated headset? + hussefelt stem

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
is there a major difference between the 2007 and 2008 giant stp 1?

FL
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
honey-bunches-of-oats wrote:
anyone run hone cranks? i'm looking for something to replace my hussefelts, and am not going bmx cuz i'm most likely putting gears back on. anyone know of anything negative abut hone cranks?

I'm running Hones on my DJ bike, no problems as yet, been on there for nearly 18 months.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 19:21 Quote
does anyone know for sure if anodizing bike parts weakens the aluminium?
i´m planning on doing my stem bright blue

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
dirtjumpur wrote:
honey-bunches-of-oats wrote:
anyone run hone cranks? i'm looking for something to replace my hussefelts, and am not going bmx cuz i'm most likely putting gears back on. anyone know of anything negative abut hone cranks?

I'm running Hones on my DJ bike, no problems as yet, been on there for nearly 18 months.

thanks. know another question. would it benefit running full shimano in a drivetrain, or is it still alright to runs like sram rear shifter, derailleur and cassette with a regular chain and hone cranks? the reason i ask is b/c people always talk about sram being so good, but dont want truvativ cranks, so i'm getting hones.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:39 Quote
sie7e wrote:

If it weakened bike parts significantly then companies wouldn't run the risk and offer anodized parts.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
sie7e wrote:

If it weakened bike parts significantly then companies wouldn't run the risk and offer anodized parts.
anodizing a part after being bought, material threatment can be different when done by companies before selling the products

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
sie7e wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
sie7e wrote:

anodizing a part after being bought, material threatment can be different when done by companies before selling the products

It's not any different than if the company who made the stem did it. Anodizing doesn't require any pre-treatment that has an effect on material strength (like heat treating). If you get the stem anodized at a professional anodizing place, you'll probably get a better finish and deeper colour than if the stem manufacturer did it, because they would try to cut the costs down and do a really cheap job.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:58 Quote
sie7e wrote:

That is true. So I'll suggest the same thing I suggest to anyone when it comes to coating questions, ask a professional. Whether its finding a website that discusses anodizing or asking the person who's going to be doing the work on your parts.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
wow! thank you so much both of you!
ezekiel, ive got to admit the second answer was waay better than the first one, wich sound a bit cocky.

and lafalot practially answered my doubts completely1 again, thanks

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
I've got a problem...
I bought a rear MTX wheel and it wasn'ttrue. I took it to my LBS and they said it was bent. I'm like oh well, ride til I break it.( BUT IM TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK) So I went on a short ride the other day (commute) and the wheel getting coming losse on the dropouts... (SS) So I had to stop and get off my bike and push wheel back and then tighten, but I did constantly while trying to ride up a hill ( Lots of pressure)

So is it the whell or what...

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:49 Quote
hey i am getting some new cranks for my STP but i am not sure what to get
i would like something that isn't really heavy
also dont want BMX cranks

any suggestions

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:53 Quote
oh yeah ns coaster pro mkII is 135x10 right?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026461
Mobile Version of Website