Powered by Outside

Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)
O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
society iv had problems with, it blew out and now no longer holds pressure. iv oiled it, filled it with the correct pressure. tightened down the caps and bolts. doesn't really bother me that much, just reduces pop, but thats not my concern right now riding. atomlab has a nice rigid that im gonna switch to when winter comes.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
erik74 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
erik74 wrote:

so basically, RST makes horrible forks, yet the own a leading brand?
Fox has RST make some of the parts for their forks, the lowers, some of the internals, over seas and then Fox assembles them stateside. At least it was stateside last time I checked.
SR Suntour makes Marzos, same kinda deal.
What (in amazement)? so who controls sram (who controls RS)
They make their own shit I suppose. Lower end Marzos are SR Suntours. DJ3s are 100% Sr Suntour. If you take the fork apart, you will find Sr Suntour parts with their serial numbers. As goes with other forks under the Marzo name.
Fox and Marzo hire other companies, Sr Suntour and RST, to manufacture the forks or some parts, they are under Fox or Marzo contract so technically they are the ones in control. Nice little 'bonus' for Suntour and RST is that since they make it, they can sell it under different names with some differences. Hence the lower price of their forks and lower quality.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
erik74 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
erik74 wrote:

so basically, RST makes horrible forks, yet the own a leading brand?
Fox has RST make some of the parts for their forks, the lowers, some of the internals, over seas and then Fox assembles them stateside. At least it was stateside last time I checked.
STOP THIS NONSENSE!

I hire a contractor to build me a house, when the house is done, it's my house, I get creative control over the project, the contractor does what I tell him. I "own" him. Not the other way around. Sram, Marzo, Fox, etc, tell these contractors (Giant, RST, Xfusion, etc) what to make, and they make it for them. It's a lot cheaper than making their own factories.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
erik74 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:

STOP THIS NONSENSE!

I hire a contractor to build me a house, when the house is done, it's my house, I get creative control over the project, the contractor does what I tell him. I "own" him. Not the other way around. Sram, Marzo, Fox, etc, tell these contractors (Giant, RST, Xfusion, etc) what to make, and they make it for them. It's a lot cheaper than making their own factories.
Sums it completely up.
By the way Xfusion Velvets are amazing.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
i want the new boxxer. Fab

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
erik74 wrote:

STOP THIS NONSENSE!

Sums it completely up.

velvets are amazing lol, so is the 2008/09 space's

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
wait, i just had a thought, while all this is happening in the bike world, are you saying someone controls the prime minister of canada, president of the us, etc.? Razz

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
STOP THIS NONSENSE!

Sums it completely up.

velvets are amazing lol, so is the 2008/09 space's
I would ride a Space if it was given to me for free with free 100% crash/failure replacement.
Honestly, I would test one out but knowing RST, I wouldn't buy one.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
BikeDaug40 wrote:
And another thing,
Is it possible to take the springs out of DJ3 and just run on air???Confused

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
SNIPIN
Honestly, I would test one out but knowing RST, I wouldn't buy one.[/Quote]

ya but, you have to understand anything under the space is decent for xc, but they actually produced an amazing fork(Space) like ive already said the photo's of the snapped one's were of the prototype 2007's and 06's. The 08 non proto's have a very low breaking rate.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
Robert-stp2 wrote:
BikeDaug40 wrote:
And another thing,

I have dj 3's on air

Are you sure about that, just think like how much air pressure that would for it to run only on air

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
[Quote="OnYourLeft"]
BikeDaug40 wrote:
And another thing,

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
try taking all the air out, thats what it wil be like, soft as hell

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
SNIPIN

ya but, you have to understand anything under the space is decent for xc, but they actually produced an amazing fork(Space) like ive already said the photo's of the snapped one's were of the prototype 2007's and 06's. The 08 non proto's have a very low breaking rate.[/Quote]
I am pretty sure that RST sent out a statement that the fork that broke at Super Sessions was a 2008/2009 prototype.
Everything breaks, time is a major factor. Over time, whether it be very soon or very long, RST fork tend to be shit compared to other brands. Can't beat the price in the short run, can beat it in the long run.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
SNIPIN

ya but, you have to understand anything under the space is decent for xc, but they actually produced an amazing fork(Space) like ive already said the photo's of the snapped one's were of the prototype 2007's and 06's. The 08 non proto's have a very low breaking rate.
I am pretty sure that RST sent out a statement that the fork that broke at Super Sessions was a 2008/2009 prototype.
Everything breaks, time is a major factor. Over time, whether it be very soon or very long, RST fork tend to be shit compared to other brands. Can't beat the price in the short run, can beat it in the long run.[/Quote]

have you ever ridden one? have you ever owned anything besides a argyle or a dj1? i know people that have switched from a 409 to a Space.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023010
Mobile Version of Website