Powered by Outside

Heaviest bike out there

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Heaviest bike out there
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 15:35 Quote
Mini-freerider wrote:
ktbo wrote:
stock kona stinkys come in at 46lbs. thats a f*ckin tank. maybe thats why theres 100s foe sale on here. lol

Which year?
2004 - 2006

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
Pics or GTFO.

In fact, how do you even weight these tank bikes when they're that heavy? Not many hanging scales have that capacity....
photo

Nothing was cut down the rear triangle was re-welded with extra gussetes. it had 3 ply gazzoladies with a cut up DH tube (inbetween tube and tire to help puncture) slime filled DH tubes. the fork alone weighed in at 16LBS (custom axle)it was a very very heavy bike. i dont have a scale shot (it measured 74.2) on a hanging scale rated to 80 LBS

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 22:10 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
Pics or GTFO.

In fact, how do you even weight these tank bikes when they're that heavy? Not many hanging scales have that capacity....
photo

Nothing was cut down the rear triangle was re-welded with extra gussetes. it had 3 ply gazzoladies with a cut up DH tube (inbetween tube and tire to help puncture) slime filled DH tubes. the fork alone weighed in at 16LBS (custom axle)it was a very very heavy bike. i dont have a scale shot (it measured 74.2) on a hanging scale rated to 80 LBS
I think you won it is by far the heaviest bike

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
I had a Norco Drop 5" mini DH rig once weighed bout 44lbs with single ply minions on but to top it goes to the 2001 Kona Stab Primo at 50 odd lbs.

With shivers the lot.

Looked tasty but impossible to lift in the lbs to think bout dropping £6K on ffs!

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
they should rename the thread "old norco owners"

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 15:16 Quote
Hahaha wise guy brill!

Comedy gold

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031934
Mobile Version of Website