Powered by Outside

Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
Muttley wrote:
lol....seeing as its one of the lightest frames on the market, with a VERY light build, i fairly sure i can get my hopes up?

also, dont get your hopes up that your deviants going to protect your face in a crash.

lol, it will, as long as i happen to crash at 12 miles an hour on a flat road
and by that logic
your bike sucks due to its weight

hes only angry because the session has the same silhouette as a stinky.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
well no, as if you go a race, or anywhere wher actual riders ride, you will see that NOBODY will be wearing a deviant, because they arent even designed for Dh use, they are designed for AM riders wanting a bit more protection. they have passed next to none of the safety qualifications of TLD's and The's, whereas all the parts on my bike, apart from ok, questionably the rims, are proven parts for Dh use.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
marquis wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
Muttley wrote:
lol....seeing as its one of the lightest frames on the market, with a VERY light build, i fairly sure i can get my hopes up?

also, dont get your hopes up that your deviants going to protect your face in a crash.

lol, it will, as long as i happen to crash at 12 miles an hour on a flat road
and by that logic
your bike sucks due to its weight

hes only angry because the session has the same silhouette as a stinky.

it does? actually BARE lol, im so glad i didnt get one now Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
Muttley wrote:
well no, as if you go a race, or anywhere wher actual riders ride, you will see that NOBODY will be wearing a deviant, because they arent even designed for Dh use, they are designed for AM riders wanting a bit more protection. they have passed next to none of the safety qualifications of TLD's and The's, whereas all the parts on my bike, apart from ok, questionably the rims, are proven parts for Dh use.

they pass the dh ones too
the specialized riders wear them, ive seen quite a few racers (non pro using them)
specialized, belive it or not, do not have a large helmet range so why would they sponsor there helmet?
and that frame proven?!?!?!
i was indecided between the session 88 and a commencal supreme, trek was more money (around 400 quid more on employer price) and came with no proven technology
and within 1 munth they were having to recall stuff to replace bearing or something

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
"oh no" my bike looks slightly similiar to a stinky.

it outpeforms yours, this gimp on the commencals, and stinkys themselves immenseley.

no need to try and take cheapshots, because you get what you pay for.

Fags.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
Muttley wrote:

actually ive seen plenty of deviant helmets been used at dh races in my area

thers no way your bike is 34-35lbs, unless youre using single ply tires and zeroing the scale with some weight on it

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
Muttley wrote:
it outpeforms yours, this gimp on the commencals

it's the rider not the bike, and the 2009 supreme dh is one of the sickest dh rigs on the market right now

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
Muttley wrote:

it outpeforms yours, this gimp on the commencals, and stinkys themselves immenseley.

Fags.

lol
out performs mine does it?
my frames the same (without the pro custom changed geo nd stuff) as the world champ
yeh its cheaper, but look at my spec list, its shit, soon as i get upgrades my bike will be far superior than yours
and i didnt even know about gee atherton when i bought mine
i have yet to see a session 88 raced at a decent level

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
the cool thing about commencals is you can look at it hard and it wont dent

woop woop cheap shot

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
Muttley wrote:

Fags.

you paid 2 grand for a TREK thats nothing to be proud of,paying 2 grand for an intense is summit to be proud of,even paying 1350 for a devinci wilson is something to be proud of.

hey the session might be a nice bike but people like you and the 2 grand price tag put people of,it dont take rocket science to realise theres a whole lot better bikes out there for the money.

2300 quid for an intense m6 or 1400 quid for an m3,bugger you didnt even buy the session you got it free of your insurance.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
i just realised this threads about santa cruz v 10 or intense m6 LOL

id say look a bit more, if it were between those 2 id go for the v10 although thats mainly because ive seen a few and they ride rly rly rly well
ive heard that intense utilise the vpp better though?
i guess that the m6 looks better too and is rare lol

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
Right, lets even say that the stock session is 39lb's, just to throw on some weight, to make you all happy.

subtract from this:

325g on changing the seat/post
5g on bars
390g on pedals
100g on cassete
750 on wheels

39-3.73=
35.27lb's

if we use the actual stock weight, of 38lb's, that puts it clearly within 34lb's.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
marquis wrote:
Muttley wrote:

Fags.

you paid 2 grand for a TREK thats nothing to be proud of,paying 2 grand for an intense is summit to be proud of,even paying 1350 for a devinci wilson is something to be proud of.

hey the session might be a nice bike but people like you and the 2 grand price tag put people of,it dont take rocket science to realise theres a whole lot better bikes out there for the money.

2300 quid for an intense m6 or 1400 quid for an m3,bugger you didnt even buy the session you got it free of your insurance.

yeah, i forgot how many bikes that cost £3500 come with 40's, X.0 gearing, 09 saint cranks, and elixir CR Brakes, and are the lightest Dh bike on the market.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Right, lets even say that the stock session is 39lb's, just to throw on some weight, to make you all happy.

subtract from this:

325g on changing the seat/post
5g on bars
390g on pedals
100g on cassete
750 on wheels

39-3.73=
35.27lb's

if we use the actual stock weight, of 38lb's, that puts it clearly within 34lb's.

out of interest
can you handle the bounce your gunna get from a bike that light?

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
Muttley wrote:
marquis wrote:
Muttley wrote:

Fags.

yeah, i forgot how many bikes that cost £3500 come with 40's, X.0 gearing, 09 saint cranks, and elixir CR Brakes, and are the lightest Dh bike on the market.

the ones with shit frames

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.072617
Mobile Version of Website