Powered by Outside

Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 11:59 Quote
flowzone wrote:
I disagree on the part about epic XC singletrack in switzerland. check out graubünden, if you like stuff like that. engadin is as epic it can get and always reminds me of the vastness of canada.

photo

I have heard there are some pretty sweet trails in GR. I need to go there and try them out. I mostly only go to Wallis where we have a free place to stay and home cooked meals. Trails in Zurich suck and get boring very quickly. I will put Engadin on my to do list

Posted: May 23, 2011 at 0:26 Quote
downhill trails with a scenery like that? hard to find.. corviglia (above st. moritz) would be one of them.. and the trail from bernina to poschiavo.

if anyone needs any suggestions for that area: http://www.flowzone.ch/news/2209/canadian-switzerland-engadin-mit-dem-bike (german)

wallis is great, but it's getting crowdy ;-)

O+ FL
Posted: May 23, 2011 at 1:09 Quote
flowzone wrote:
I disagree on the part about epic XC singletrack in switzerland. check out graubünden, if you like stuff like that. engadin is as epic it can get and always reminds me of the vastness of canada.

photo

Very nice - where is this one?

Posted: May 23, 2011 at 2:27 Quote
secret spot!

just kidding.. You'll find this jewel above st. moritz. gotta take the gondola to corviglia, then traverse to suvretta pass (left hand side of the mountain, a 30-40 minutes hike/ride) and take the trail heading to val bever. an absolutely awesome and unforgettable tour. my favorite actually.

O+ FL
Posted: May 23, 2011 at 6:51 Quote
flowzone wrote:
secret spot!.

HA!

Thanks a lot, I am looking forward to try it out! Any idea when the trail is clear of snow?

Posted: May 23, 2011 at 7:17 Quote
Regarding the height of it (starting above 2500meters) it won't be free of snow till the end of june.. normally. but who knows this year..

O+ FL
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 2:08 Quote
Yeah it looks like everything is gonna be accessible early this year.

I have friends in Lausanne who have been riding for 3 months already...

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 6:19 Quote
That's what we've been doing here in Lucerne aswell. No snow since february and the best trail conditions ever! awesome year Smile

O+
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 15:24 Quote
I'm looking forward to that Wallis sun! …no sign of spring in Vancouver yet. Grouse is open for skiing until July 1st! Crazy.

The Whistler bike park is sweet already though. Limited trails but they managed to get A-Line in good shape considering.

Posted: May 26, 2011 at 9:08 Quote
There's some good downhill in Chur, Flims, Laax, etc.

The Never End in Laax is one of my favourite "easy" trails of all time. Smile

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 15:20 Quote
Hey, is the Champery DH track worth going to if you aren't a super skilled downhill Ninja?

Posted: Jun 10, 2011 at 4:50 Quote
Haha, might give it a miss then. How close are the tracks at Les Crosets to those at Champery? I have a map of Des Portes du Soleil and the look like they are back too back, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. I might go there when my brother and some others go to Champery.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 at 4:59 Quote
It's basically the same spot! You take the Champery gondola and you find yourself on top of the first track of Les Croset.
Everything is connected there, except maybe Morgins. You would need to pedal a bit to go from Champery to Morgins.
Most people prefer to drive to Morgins. You can also reach Châtel very easily from the Champery gondola.

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 11:49 Quote
Will be moving to zurich for a few months comin from vancouver BC.

Checked out that traildevils.ch site, not too shabby.
Any solid bike shops in and around zurich area ? Also... do you gotta register your DH bike like you do normal ones ?
Can you just wash it down wherever too or do you need to goto special areas like where you bring your cars ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.092286
Mobile Version of Website