Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

New Frame Deisgn (not a joke)

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
New Frame Deisgn (not a joke)
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
I think you should make a working linkage out of cadrboard like marquis said...

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
by using linkage (which is more precise and gives me exact numbers)

i have made it work, but i want frame builders opinion on the matter

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
spag wrote:

Then invite some of them, Draco, brooklyn, dobermann, oneghost, they're all on this site.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
spag wrote:

cardboard would give you a 3 dimensional design,also some of your linkages could conflict with the design structure of the frame.

i can see where your coming from but the reason 2 stage use 2 shocks will be because of design limitations and also there rear runs 2 differing concepts.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
I checked out 2stage's design a while back and if I remeber correctly, they've been working on their design for over 10 years, most of that time was spent trying to make the design work with one shock. Probably something similar to your design.

You need something to stop one of the 2 linkages frome monopolising all of the shock's travel. Without creating a ''spike'' or a ''ping'' if you will.

You also have to perfectly sincronise the transition between both ''stages''.
For example, If your first ''stage'' has a rising rate of 15%, the second must have the same rate and pick up EXACTLY where the first one let off.

And finaly, The wheel's path must always be the same. The bike must have a constant, predictable center of gravity and should almost always perform the same on given situations.
For example; Nothing would suck more than a bike that preloads differently before every jump.

hope this helps!

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:53 Quote
gabodude wrote:
I checked out 2stage's design a while back and if I remeber correctly, they've been working on their design for over 10 years, most of that time was spent trying to make the design work with one shock. Probably something similar to your design.

You need something to stop one of the 2 linkages frome monopolising all of the shock's travel. Without creating a ''spike'' or a ''ping'' if you will.

For example, If your first ''stage'' has a rising rate of 15%, the second must have the same rate and pick up EXACTLY where the first one let off.

And finaly, The wheel's path must always be the same. The bike must have a constant, predictable center of gravity and should almost always perform the same on given situations.
For example; Nothing would suck more than a bike that preloads differently before every jump.

hope this helps!

Salute

see thats what i was trying to say kind of but he has the word knowledge.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
gabodude wrote:

hope this helps!
This is the reason i came to pink bike

I LOVE YOU GABO, you sexy beast tup

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
anytime! Glad I could help!

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
I'm sorry if it has already been mentioned but what is it you're trying to accomplish with this new design (performance-wise)

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
I'm sorry if it has already been mentioned but what is it you're trying to accomplish with this new design (performance-wise)

its aparrant to me he only answers back to the people that praise his design and doesnt really like critisism.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
spag wrote:
epicgravityfreak wrote:
maybe i'm missing something, but it looks to me like in order for the wheel to move away from the frame the shock could not be at full travel or it would top out.
truthfully this stuff is over my head i am just trying to understand it for myself

ok let me explain it better, the yellow moves up, the pink moves toward the front of the frame.

if it were to be pressed down on.
i am talking about the wheel moving backwards, doesn't pink move toward the seat stay in this case

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
marquis wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

its aparrant to me he only answers back to the people that praise his design and doesnt really like critisism.

Wow, guys. Nice.

He's just trying to create another design for (probably) a good-pedaling plush bike that doesn't have bob or jack.. He has an idea. Leave it be.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
marquis wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

i respond to people who deserve a response.

as to what i am trying to accomplish is what everyone is trying to accomplish, a better design

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
epicgravityfreak wrote:
spag wrote:
epicgravityfreak wrote:
maybe i'm missing something, but it looks to me like in order for the wheel to move away from the frame the shock could not be at full travel or it would top out.
truthfully this stuff is over my head i am just trying to understand it for myself

ok let me explain it better, the yellow moves up, the pink moves toward the front of the frame.

if it were to be pressed down on.
i am talking about the wheel moving backwards, doesn't pink move toward the seat stay in this case

the wheel cant just move backwards, it has to compress the shock to create wheel movement

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
marquis wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

Wow, guys. Nice.

He's just trying to create another design for (probably) a good-pedaling plush bike that doesn't have bob or jack.. He has an idea. Leave it be.
Okay, wow, I was genuinely wondering. Get off my back. Like most suspension platforms concentrate on solving a problem that other designs have. Am I not allowed to ask??? I wasn't being douchey about it. I am genuinely interested.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027144
Mobile Version of Website