Powered by Outside

The Official Blue Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
The Official Blue Mountain Thread
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 11:42 Quote
anyone know the deal with blue next season are all the stunts going back in ???

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 11:47 Quote
renegade wrote:
squeeker is fine

josh i think your name is? and yeah that demo would rock against the kona. thats for sureeee.

merry christmas to all

sammo
yeah thanks you got my name right
i just need someone to buy my stinky and im set

see ya next season
merry x-mas

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 12:35 Quote
pugs wrote:
did you even bother reading the past 2 pages

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 6:00 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
pugs wrote:
did you even bother reading the past 2 pages

Ops sorry questions answered

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
Blue was a blast even without jumps, a lot more time to practice some more technical stuff. Can't wait for next year, word has it that they will be releasing some info at the bike show, but rumors are just rumors.

As for the Nomad, I'd say go for it, definitely. I've been riding a Norco Six for two seasons and absolutely love it. Six is enough for Ontario, and it will definitely be a ton of fun. They even have a 1.5 headset option for 2008. It's a great bike if you want to pedal a bit too, it can do it all.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
allenrotstein wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

As far as everyone knows it will be. There will be some sort of official announcement from them in march or april regarding wether they will be putting features back, if there will be more rider assesment and any other issues they have and want to enforce to make blue a safer place to ride in there eyes
is that like a test in front of instructores ensureing you can ride?

That would be funny! reeeeeally funny
like: "who da hell are u to tell me i'm a bad rider..."

that would actually be a good idea, most of the accidents are caused by inexperienced rentals that travel in groups with their friends and just take things too far on their first trip. if your familiar with hardwood hills (a cross-country place in Ontario) they actually have a downhill course (its not worth dragging your bike to and it looks like a 4x course but only has one lane) a super technical rock garden all downhill, and a few trails with northshore and stuff like that, that if your a rental, aren't aloud on. if blue just stopped rental kids from hitting the big trails and the jumps accidents would be cut down alot. another reason why most of the kids get hurt is their too cheap to pay $10 for a full face helmet, and like $15 for full body armour for the day, so they go down with their BMX helmets and loose control and eat it.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
i think that blue should somehow have two sections to the hill, one side for beginners and one side for more advanced riders. They should be separated and in order to get into the advanced side you need to pass a test (even though it sucks, it would be better to take the test than having the mountain closed down). This would allow for there to be super sick black diamond trails, as blue wouldn't have to worry about beginners crashing on technical features. also beginners will have easier trails to ride to get their skill up before moving to the harder trails. im not sure how they would separate the two sections but they would need some kind of checkpoint so that some stupid rental guys will not be able to ride the black diamond trails and get themselves hurt.

Thats what i think blue should do, then it would be better for everyone: beginners have somewhere to learn, advanced riders have sweet trails to ride, and blue is less likely to get sued by people who think that the rental bikes are invincible and they can do anything

anyway thats just what i think they should do.

Josh

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
stinkyde wrote:
i think that blue should somehow have two sections to the hill, one side for beginners and one side for more advanced riders. They should be separated and in order to get into the advanced side you need to pass a test (even though it sucks, it would be better to take the test than having the mountain closed down). This would allow for there to be super sick black diamond trails, as blue wouldn't have to worry about beginners crashing on technical features. also beginners will have easier trails to ride to get their skill up before moving to the harder trails. im not sure how they would separate the two sections but they would need some kind of checkpoint so that some stupid rental guys will not be able to ride the black diamond trails and get themselves hurt.

Thats what i think blue should do, then it would be better for everyone: beginners have somewhere to learn, advanced riders have sweet trails to ride, and blue is less likely to get sued by people who think that the rental bikes are invincible and they can do anything

Josh

that could be one option, but as i've said before i still think my idea could be a pretty cheap way. they would just need to hire software writters to write a software for a bike computer, just like the ones that you use to measure your speed, it would measure your speed. but it would be run to the front and back brakes and when the rental bike was going over the desinated speed limit, it would override the brake system and break.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
yeah odin
thats not a bad idea and it would be helpfull in some situations but its not always about the speed.
say beginner going around a berm and they do not turn enough and they end up hitting the berm like a jump, chances are they will get hurt. And not because of the speed but because of their bike handling skills.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
odin333 wrote:
stinkyde wrote:

Josh

that could be one option, but as i've said before i still think my idea could be a pretty cheap way. they would just need to hire software writters to write a software for a bike computer, just like the ones that you use to measure your speed, it would measure your speed. but it would be run to the front and back brakes and when the rental bike was going over the desinated speed limit, it would override the brake system and break.

Ya but then you run into software prblems and what if a kid gets tossed because te front brake applyed to much? then we are back inthe same situation, how bout f*ck the rentals and keep blue for the riders

FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
they couldnt just get rid of rentals all together...
thats how they make half theyre money.
good idea, i agree, but wouldnt work.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
commencalrider69 wrote:

thats also causing half all there problems, It would be nice. I hate riding down the trails and some newb on a rental WONT MOVE!!! they defianlty need to seperate them onto the other side of the mountain.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
free629ride wrote:
commencalrider69 wrote:

thats also causing half all there problems, It would be nice. I hate riding down the trails and some newb on a rental WONT MOVE!!! they defianlty need to seperate them onto the other side of the mountain.
thats what i said
it would work for everyone

FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
non of the major accidents were caused by renters they were all caused by bike owners.

this is the crash that caused all of the worry at blue as you can see he is wearing a full face but is just being an idiot and hitting the wooden drops with too much speed.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
i was wondering
i have a 5inch trail bike..i was wondering if it would be ok to take down at blue? Or would i be best to go with a rental. I havent been down blue before.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.956340
Mobile Version of Website