Powered by Outside

"Skaters and bikers dont get along!" ....?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
"Skaters and bikers dont get along!" ....?
O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 0:27 Quote
you also say a guy hit the waterfall gap on a jakal.

Ryan

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 0:40 Quote
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan
its what ive been told by the older riders in my area and since theyve been around the longest and have no reason to go and lie i beleive them.

But on topic theirs this one black guy at our skatepark that will get up from doing his drugs and shit just to come and yell at us for sitting in a corner of the park thats just flat concrete so its not like where in the way of a rail or somthing. and then he goes on about it being a called a skatepark where only skateboards are aloud then i go and show him that its got a sign that says mcmillan youth park that shows its allowed bikes skate boards etc anything but motor vehicals and then he tells me to get the f*ck out of the park so i threw his board then went to some local djs

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 1:55 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan
its what ive been told by the older riders in my area and since theyve been around the longest and have no reason to go and lie i beleive them.

But on topic theirs this one black guy at our skatepark that will get up from doing his drugs and shit just to come and yell at us for sitting in a corner of the park thats just flat concrete so its not like where in the way of a rail or somthing. and then he goes on about it being a called a skatepark where only skateboards are aloud then i go and show him that its got a sign that says mcmillan youth park that shows its allowed bikes skate boards etc anything but motor vehicals and then he tells me to get the f*ck out of the park so i threw his board then went to some local djs

That's where you went wrong and give bikers a bad name. If you're nice to them, and try to talk to them kindly, they'll generally be nice to you. If the park states bikes are allowed, then you can stay and ignore him. If he starts harassing you, that's when you pick up the phone and call the non-emergency number for the cops so that can handle the guy.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 2:14 Quote
At our local indoor park, they have Bmx night, skate night, inline night, blah blah so it works out good

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 2:28 Quote
man, the skateboarders at my local are cool as, infact one of them is our photographer. its those scooters nowadays at my local all hiped up on drugs and ciggies and making the park look like a tip.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 2:47 Quote
Social problems always seem to pop up whenever there are mixed use facilities. The best thing seems to be to create dialog so that prejudices and conflicts in each camp can be ventilated. Get skaters and bikers in the same room and get them talking about why there are problems and what can be done about it.
Many times these types of issues are really just accelerated prejudices and lack of communication about the why and what the different user groups want.

That the park is off limits all but skaters is probably a liability and insurance issue but that can be solved by talking to the partnership behind the park.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
dotca wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan

That's where you went wrong and give bikers a bad name. If you're nice to them, and try to talk to them kindly, they'll generally be nice to you. If the park states bikes are allowed, then you can stay and ignore him. If he starts harassing you, that's when you pick up the phone and call the non-emergency number for the cops so that can handle the guy.
i started out nice it didnt work,and he snapped my spokes with his bored so that pushed me to the breaking point,plus if i called the cops i wouldnt be able to ever show my face in that park again

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
I'd say by reading this thread that bikers are douchebags.

no point stereotyping, there's tons of dumbass skaters, elitest BMX'ers, and cocky as f*ck Mountain bikers.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
dotca wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:

i started out nice it didnt work,and he snapped my spokes with his bored so that pushed me to the breaking point,plus if i called the cops i wouldnt be able to ever show my face in that park again

You can't just snap at every person who confronts you.

We demand respect from the skater's, and just because one person isn't giving you that respect doesn't give you any grounds to disrespect them back. Treat others as you wish to be treated.

In the beginning skateparks were built FOR SKATEBOARDS. Skateboards can't just go and build some dirt jumps to ride, they need a specific facility. If you think about it this way we should be grateful they put up with us to the extent that they do.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 21:27 Quote
I had a good experience today with a skateboarder he is one of the guys that was around 6 years ago when the park opened. We talked quite a bit about how he won't bike because it is too scary for him. I had a father come up to me the other day and say man when I saw you get the mountain bike out I was like this guy is crazy he can't ride that in here. Then you turned out to be good could you please try and help my son learn how to bunny hop. I have snaked a few peoples lines on accident but I appoligized for it I usually just wait till they all go on break since I can't do the hips.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
not to sound cliche but skaters and bmxers both kinda share the same values and instead of fighting eachother we should fight the power that opresses us both u know?

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 23:10 Quote
unregistered-user wrote:
not to sound cliche but skaters and bmxers both kinda share the same values and instead of fighting eachother we should fight the power that opresses us both u know?
COMBINED POWERS TO DESTROY SCOOTIES

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 23:20 Quote
Skaters at my park swear off bikers. and graffiti ''NO BIKERS'' on the skatepark.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 23:22 Quote
cinnamonride wrote:
Skaters at my park swear off bikers. and graffiti ''NO BIKERS'' on the skatepark.
the only spray paint at my park says no fat chick s

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 23:41 Quote
I have gotten waaaay more shit from BMX'ers than skaters at skateparks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.057916
Mobile Version of Website